+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Glyph failed to launch after patching latest Windows 10 Creator update.

Glyph failed to launch after patching latest Windows 10 Creator update.

Hi guys, wondering whether anyone of you faced this issue. Glyph fail to launch after I go and patch the latest Windows 10 Creator update. Would appreciate it if you know of a solution to "solve" the problem.

I know this should go to the account and support sub-forum but since nobody read that forum, hence I post here to seek for anyone who may know the solution.

Basically I have tried all the steps in the Glyph Troubleshooting Guide (run as admin, allow firewall setting, repair Glyph, uninstall Glyph, reinstall Glyph etc etc). None helps.

I have also sent a ticket to Support. Guess I am not going to hear from them for at least a week later? (just last week, I lost patron status even though my subscription is still active, and support took quite a few days before they attend to my ticket due to long queue).

All these lost game time (and the uncertainty of server merger) are getting to me and to say that I am stressed out by all these issues (plus real life problem) is an understatement. I play game for entertainment and fun and if it creates so much stress in me, the point has come for me to decide whether I want to carry on playing Archeage. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about Trion or XLGame. This current issue is entirely Microsoft's update fault and none of Trion or XLGame. BTW, Archeage and Glyph still work on my office PCs after updating Microsoft Creator update, only my home PC failed. There is no doubt this is a Microsoft issue because I can still play Archeage right till the moment before I go and perform the update.

By coming Monday, if I cannot get into Archeage to play on my home PC, I will have to decide to move on to other game (the stress is getting to me). So, if you know of a solution fast, please help me out. I don't want to miss out on the coming candy house and upgraded car which I have been looking forward to for months, but if I have to move on, sadly I will have to move on regardless.

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    Hey there! Sorry for the trouble. We're definitely aware of this issue with the latest Windows 10 build and our team is looking into it. Keep an eye on the forums for the latest information!

Hi ZamboniChaos, I received a reply from the Support. It is the fastest response to my ticket ever since I played this game. Unfortunately, Support don't understand my issue. This is what I wrote in my ticket:

"Hi, Glyph and Archeage game was working fine for me till the last moment when I go and update the latest Windows 10 Creator Update. Thereafter the update, Glyph failed to launch on my computer anymore (I see the Glyph.exe and Glyph error handler launched in Task Manager but both programs dies without any UI appearing). I followed all the steps in your "General Glyph Troubleshooting" including: (1) running all the Glyph executable as Administrator, (2) adding all the Glyph executable to my firewall allowable list, (3) Repair the Glyph using "GlyphInstall-520-120.exe", (4) reinstall Glyph using "GlyphInstall-520-120.exe". None of these steps works. I still cannot launch Glyph to play Archeage.

Please help."

This is Support's reply:

"Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.

I can understand your frustration with this video issue and I'm more than happy to be of assistance. The issue you are experiencing may be due to the video settings in the game set higher than what your system can handle. I would suggest lowering the video settings for the game to see if this has any effect on this issue. Please follow the below steps:

Press Esc to open the menu
    Select 'Options' from the menu
    In the Options window under 'Screen Settings', click on the 'Quality' option on the left side of the window.
    In the Quality Video options, move the 'Graphics Quality Settings' slider all the way to the left to where it is set to Low and click 'Apply'
    On the left-hand side, click on 'Screen' under 'Screen Settings' on the left side of the window
    Select 'DirectX 9' and then click 'Apply'
    Restart your ArcheAge client
    Attempt to play for some time using these settings to see if your issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, you can try altering your settings to see what your computer can handle.

If the issue persists, I will need to gather information from your DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

To run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and send us your machine’s DxDiag information:

Press the “Windows” and “R” keys simultaneously to open your “Run” window.
    In your “Run” window, type “dxdiag” without the quotes and click “OK.” This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window.
    Click on the “Save All Information” button at the bottom of the window. This will save a text file named “DxDiag.txt” to a location of your choosing.
    Please submit the DxDiag.txt file to this ticket through https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...equests/867728 (using your login credentials.)
    If you cannot attach the file there, please submit a new ticket through https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with this ticket’s reference number (shown below).
    I apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to following up once I have reviewed your DxDiag report. In the meantime, please feel free to send any additional questions or concerns our way.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge. Your reference number for this question is 867728."

How is it possible for Support to misread a Glyph failure issue to become a video issue? I can't even launch Glyph interface to enter the game, how am I suppose to go config the graphics setting? I leave you to judge Support's reply. I don't think I will get anywhere with Support given the way they handle ticket issue. (This is not the first time, previously many months back I have problem connecting to Archeage, but in my ticket I told them that if I use VPN, I have no problem connecting and login into Archeage. In their reply, they ask me to check whether I have internet access when I have already told them that I can connect if I use VPN. If I don't have internet access, how did I even able to install the game client and subscribe to it? They are not even trying to read and understand what is the issue.)

I will await further update on the issue resolution on the forum instead. Barring a miracle, I think that is it for me. Archeage is a good game that I love very much. Perhaps because it is a game that I love so much, that I have to leave it. Such is the irony of life. Anyway, thanks all staffs at Trion for bringing Archeage out of Korea so that we can play. It has been a wonderful past months playing this game. Though short, it has been all worth it. I have no regret playing this game, and I leave with no complaints or bitterness. Good bye and take care.

Quote Originally Posted by ArcheAger View Post
    Hi ZamboniChaos, I received a reply from the Support. It is the fastest response to my ticket ever since I played this game. Unfortunately, Support don't understand my issue. This is what I wrote in my ticket:

"Hi, Glyph and Archeage game was working fine for me till the last moment when I go and update the latest Windows 10 Creator Update. Thereafter the update, Glyph failed to launch on my computer anymore (I see the Glyph.exe and Glyph error handler launched in Task Manager but both programs dies without any UI appearing). I followed all the steps in your "General Glyph Troubleshooting" including: (1) running all the Glyph executable as Administrator, (2) adding all the Glyph executable to my firewall allowable list, (3) Repair the Glyph using "GlyphInstall-520-120.exe", (4) reinstall Glyph using "GlyphInstall-520-120.exe". None of these steps works. I still cannot launch Glyph to play Archeage.

Please help."

This is Support's reply:

"Hello!

Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.

I can understand your frustration with this video issue and I'm more than happy to be of assistance. The issue you are experiencing may be due to the video settings in the game set higher than what your system can handle. I would suggest lowering the video settings for the game to see if this has any effect on this issue. Please follow the below steps:

Press Esc to open the menu
    Select 'Options' from the menu
    In the Options window under 'Screen Settings', click on the 'Quality' option on the left side of the window.
    In the Quality Video options, move the 'Graphics Quality Settings' slider all the way to the left to where it is set to Low and click 'Apply'
    On the left-hand side, click on 'Screen' under 'Screen Settings' on the left side of the window
    Select 'DirectX 9' and then click 'Apply'
    Restart your ArcheAge client
    Attempt to play for some time using these settings to see if your issue is resolved. If the issue is resolved, you can try altering your settings to see what your computer can handle.

If the issue persists, I will need to gather information from your DirectX Diagnostic Tool.

To run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool and send us your machine’s DxDiag information:

Press the “Windows” and “R” keys simultaneously to open your “Run” window.
    In your “Run” window, type “dxdiag” without the quotes and click “OK.” This will open the DirectX Diagnostic Tool window.
    Click on the “Save All Information” button at the bottom of the window. This will save a text file named “DxDiag.txt” to a location of your choosing.
    Please submit the DxDiag.txt file to this ticket through https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/e...equests/867728 (using your login credentials.)
    If you cannot attach the file there, please submit a new ticket through https://support.trionworlds.com/hc/en-us/requests/new with this ticket’s reference number (shown below).
    I apologize for this inconvenience and look forward to following up once I have reviewed your DxDiag report. In the meantime, please feel free to send any additional questions or concerns our way.

Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge. Your reference number for this question is 867728."

How is it possible for Support to misread a Glyph failure issue to become a video issue? I can't even launch Glyph interface to enter the game, how am I suppose to go config the graphics setting? I leave you to judge Support's reply. I don't think I will get anywhere with Support given the way they handle ticket issue. (This is not the first time, previously many months back I have problem connecting to Archeage, but in my ticket I told them that if I use VPN, I have no problem connecting and login into Archeage. In their reply, they ask me to check whether I have internet access when I have already told them that I can connect if I use VPN. If I don't have internet access, how did I even able to install the game client and subscribe to it? They are not even trying to read and understand what is the issue.)

I will await further update on the issue resolution on the forum instead. Barring a miracle, I think that is it for me. Archeage is a good game that I love very much. Perhaps because it is a game that I love so much, that I have to leave it. Such is the irony of life. Anyway, thanks all staffs at Trion for bringing Archeage out of Korea so that we can play. It has been a wonderful past months playing this game. Though short, it has been all worth it. I have no regret playing this game, and I leave with no complaints or bitterness. Good bye and take care.
    Just done Windows 10 creater update just now. Just before it wanted to install it said i needed to uninstall glyph app

That support ticket... that's sad, almost like they didn't even read your ticket properly or are simply bots?
    Dza x Bic x Dable

I cook, fish, and love purses. Girls inquire.

To resolve this problem simply use beta client of glyph

To change option without launching glyph

go

C:\Users\....\AppData\Local\Glyph

Edit cfg

BetaOptIn=true
    IgnoreVersion=STABLE-103-601-A-157485
    Elineda - Koro sensei - Exiled in russia
    Quote Originally Posted by theLos View Post
    1st general world said :
    Koro Sensei > Losmerengues !

This problem happened to me. Updated to Windows 10 creator, Glyph simply would not launch. I tried to uninstall / reinstall. I verified no new rule was in the firewall. I tried setting it to run as admin. It simply would not launch or even install correctly with the Windows 10 Creator update.

My final resolution was to rollback the update to play any Trion game.

+ Reply to Thread