+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Dead server is dead.

Hybrid View

Dead server is dead.

Whales killed it again.
    I don't mind p2w games but they kill their populations. Fresh start was fun for about two months.. Then everybody left. It would be nice to have a server with 0 Apex, or cash to gold items. Just one. Not because I care about swipers, but because it'd be nice to play with people. Vengeance has about 250-500 active players maybe? That's pretty sad.

What's even more sad is the three top guilds had to avoid forming a nation together as planned just so there would still be PvP on the server. The player base has to make their own content. What kind of game does that to it's base?

New mmo's to play?

Open up player transfers or something. Do something. Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by Anth View Post
    Whales killed it again.
    I don't mind p2w games but they kill their populations. Fresh start was fun for about two months.. Then everybody left. It would be nice to have a server with 0 Apex, or cash to gold items. Just one. Not because I care about swipers, but because it'd be nice to play with people. Vengeance has about 250-500 active players maybe? That's pretty sad.

What's even more sad is the three top guilds had to avoid forming a nation together as planned just so there would still be PvP on the server. The player base has to make their own content. What kind of game does that to it's base?

New mmo's to play?
    It's sad that the top 3 guilds couldn't zerg up together?
    Nothing is stopping them from each creating their own nation.
    (Also I thought the nation happened already?)

And it's a sandbox, or supposed to be, that's the type of game that makes the player base create it's own content, as it should be.

<House of Mantis>
    Nui - Pyrrha
    Reckoning - Pyrrha
    Kyrios - Anthyny

Quote Originally Posted by Anthyny View Post
    It's sad that the top 3 guilds couldn't zerg up together?
    Nothing is stopping them from each creating their own nation.
    (Also I thought the nation happened already?)

And it's a sandbox, or supposed to be, that's the type of game that makes the player base create it's own content, as it should be.
    Dispute the fact that there's hardly anybody playing this game anymore. 6 months into fresh start and both servers are dead. How can you defend that?

I will always defend ArcheAge because I've embraced it for what it is and not what it isn't. I create my own content daily be it PvP or PvE and have not once ever logged in and said "Hmm, wtf am I going to do today?" since Day 1 of Alpha.

I do agree with you that the player base is dwindling, but it's not because of the game (mostly). It's the players with the improper mentality.

<House of Mantis>
    Nui - Pyrrha
    Reckoning - Pyrrha
    Kyrios - Anthyny

I will always defend ArcheAge because I've embraced it for what it is and not what it isn't. I create my own content daily be it PvP or PvE and have not once ever logged in and said "Hmm, wtf am I going to do today?" since Day 1 of Alpha.

I do agree with you that the player base is dwindling, but it's not because of the game (mostly). It's the players with the improper mentality.
    This morning there was an argument in chat and basically the person was going on and on about how well geared they were and anyone less geared was insignificant. I even was told that "I did not matter due to my low gear score" and got that "Who am I?"

This type of behavior IS what makes people leave or keeps new folks from joining or staying very long. It's not the P2W aspect, since most games have some. It's the utter arrogance of someone continually shoving it in everyone else's faces and no one telling them to cut it out.

If a person wants amazing gear, I think that's great. If they want to be an outstanding person who PvE's, thats commendable. If they want to be a farmer and tend to trees and their garden or move packs - it's all good and it takes all of us to make the game what it is.

But don't put someone down and insult them because they don't want to invest in top of the line gear - or belittle them because of how they want to spend their time. Same with Pirates, if someone wants to be a pirate > go for it. Be the best you can be.

The line should be when you feel as if you are some how better than others and treat them like dirt. << that's not okay and this attitude drives players away.

Sandbox Game: A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will.

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle the Dwarf View Post
    This morning there was an argument in chat and basically the person was going on and on about how well geared they were and anyone less geared was insignificant. I even was told that "I did not matter due to my low gear score" and got that "Who am I?"

This type of behavior IS what makes people leave or keeps new folks from joining or staying very long. It's not the P2W aspect, since most games have some. It's the utter arrogance of someone continually shoving it in everyone else's faces and no one telling them to cut it out.
    This, broken game + toxic comunity= dead server

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle the Dwarf View Post

If a person wants amazing gear, I think that's great. If they want to be an outstanding person who PvE's, thats commendable. If they want to be a farmer and tend to trees and their garden or move packs - it's all good and it takes all of us to make the game what it is.

But don't put someone down and insult them because they don't want to invest in top of the line gear - or belittle them because of how they want to spend their time. Same with Pirates, if someone wants to be a pirate > go for it. Be the best you can be.

The line should be when you feel as if you are some how better than others and treat them like dirt. << that's not okay and this attitude drives players away.

Sandbox Game: A sandbox is a style of game in which minimal character limitations are placed on the gamer, allowing the gamer to roam and change a virtual world at will.
    What? Players in archeage being toxic? I dont believe you @TTK /s
    Enla > Kraken > Vengeance
    Skullknight/Skillknight
    FwC

100%.
    As should be everyone else that still logs in or else why are you here.

And the whales aren't what kill this game directly. It's usually all of the whales preferring to ez mode win and joining bandwagons that kills off a server PvP wise.

Some people just can't enjoy the fight for the sake of the fight anymore.
    Yeah usually people need reasons to do stuff, specially in MMOs (and in life, noones work for the sake of working). I dont think "whales preferring to ez mode" affect anyhow the pvpers, they just dont play with you but also dont interfere directly with your gamestyle like pvpers do with their.

In vengance specifyc case PVPers actually killed the pvp since the moment the 2 biggest pvp guilds - and biggest pvp swipers- joined hands into a PN. West have no real pvp organzation/force (the few player who made some oposition - Aka Nizzar and Co- left and only Agael (with 1/4 of the numbers PN have) remains.

With both West and east pvpers leaving everyday - Most carebear guilds already left- at the end Vengance will be a big Barbie House for PN to farm

I'm generally able to move around the maps without Whales bothering me. I am small fry, and they know I'm no threat to them.

The ones who give me the most grief are the wannabes. They are simply irritating.

We had one of them a few weeks ago being all stupid and a new player, get smart mouthed to one of the most geared players on our server. Way to go, now you have a target on your back ... dummy.

In games with PvP the rules are simple.. don't insult those who can and will grief you on a continual basis. Know your place.

I know my place... I"m a farmer. I totally realize if I call anyone better geared than me names > I'm going to earn getting whomped by them. Mind my words.

Little dogs yipping loud, trying to be a big dog.

It does not take $$ to be a big dog, it takes hard work and effort. I know many on this server who are well geared and never spent any $ in this game and don't even pay for Patron with $.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast