+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dead server is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kashi View Post
    It's not the pay2win aspects. It's the design of the game. It's made in such a way that the strongest players will always come together and dominate, effectively ending the game. Money just speeds up that process, but if it wasn't money then it'd be the players who spent the most time grinding. If being the strongest didn't allow players to so thoroughly and completely wreck the gameplay experiences of others to the point where they don't want to log in anymore, then this wouldn't be an issue. Though I doubt this set up is a mistake, because I've notice subscription games don't set themselves up to die, but a lot of cash shop game do and then they create "Fresh Starts" so people can spend tons of money doing it all over again, which is why you'll never see a non-pay2win server.
    You describe a problem that has existed since OWpvp mmos existed, that the strongest players always end up ruining their own fun, by bandwaggoning together because getting that raid drop for themself is more important that even competition... if there is one thing I learned in my L2 days, it's that it is up to the players themselves to ensure that there is no dominant guild, and I have lived up to that. I have broken off from the dominant guild on my L2 server and built up another guild of players to contest them, and it worked, and it was fun.

No one wants to do that in this game however, as the people playing now are young, entitled, selfish, and only care about themselves.

Castle system was poorly designed and nothing has been done in the past three years to fix it. One guild can claim all castles on a server. This is just one example of the problems and what eventually drives players away. Also, the gear difference is rough on new and casual players. They rely on individual users to make several accounts each to make the servers appear to be healthy.

New content = new cash shop box.

I'm generally able to move around the maps without Whales bothering me. I am small fry, and they know I'm no threat to them.

The ones who give me the most grief are the wannabes. They are simply irritating.

We had one of them a few weeks ago being all stupid and a new player, get smart mouthed to one of the most geared players on our server. Way to go, now you have a target on your back ... dummy.

In games with PvP the rules are simple.. don't insult those who can and will grief you on a continual basis. Know your place.

I know my place... I"m a farmer. I totally realize if I call anyone better geared than me names > I'm going to earn getting whomped by them. Mind my words.

Little dogs yipping loud, trying to be a big dog.

It does not take $$ to be a big dog, it takes hard work and effort. I know many on this server who are well geared and never spent any $ in this game and don't even pay for Patron with $.

I just posted something similar on another thread but.....merging fresh start servers would be perfect and exciting. I've heard Reckoning has a decent East pop? Which would work good with our West population plus USA Nation thrown in and maybe a decent Pirate Nation put together.
    Ha, You're all funny.

West was fairly dominant on Reckoning until transfers opened up. I suspect merging the servers would result in West dominating. There's no balance in this game.

Ahhh well that sucks then. I just read somewhere that they had stronger East. I guess it was wrong. RIP
    Ha, You're all funny.

Who the hell writes this!? None of this is even true! There's plenty of economy and Apex and swipers and all that! There are still very active pvp servers. Everything is cool! This is just not a game for instant gratification children who don't strive for excellence! The minority of players here, who have strong ambition, and a good mind more success, get ahead, AND they carry the helpless, until they inevitably leave, cuz they're not cut out for this world. We don't need undedicated players who complain and contribute nothing to this society. These are people who only leech and contribute nothing. I have huge surplus overstock in every item in the game. I don't need anyone's help! I've been solo since Day 1. One day I'll start a guild and help all the directionless, make money, in a smart innovative way. Assuming no one kills my beloved Ollo and makes me rage quit life IRL

Quote Originally Posted by mcoprevog View Post
    Who the hell writes this!? None of this is even true! There's plenty of economy and Apex and swipers and all that! There are still very active pvp servers. Everything is cool! This is just not a game for instant gratification children who don't strive for excellence! The minority of players here, who have strong ambition, and a good mind more success, get ahead, AND they carry the helpless, until they inevitably leave, cuz they're not cut out for this world. We don't need undedicated players who complain and contribute nothing to this society. These are people who only leech and contribute nothing. I have huge surplus overstock in every item in the game. I don't need anyone's help! I've been solo since Day 1. One day I'll start a guild and help all the directionless, make money, in a smart innovative way. Assuming no one kills my beloved Ollo and makes me rage quit life IRL
    Vengeance have prolly 300-400 active real players atm. Thats a dead server on any MMORPG. AA in geneal, is doing so bad noone even want the free stuff they give->>> http://www.mmorpg.com/giveaways/arch...way-1000000829 but Vengeance is the dead fresh start server.

With regards to Reckoning, MAGA left the server over a month ago, yet they still control most of the castles. Just shows you how quickly the fresh start became stale.

Maga left reckoning, but siege blocked their scrolls on all but one castle. So they lost one castle.
    A few from venge came back last siege, they failed to gain back the castle, failed to protect one castle, and succeeded in protecting another. So two castles down.
    Upcoming sieges this sunday. Guess we'll see. But many say the Maga that went back to reckoning, are done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast