+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: Offhand for a Dual Wield Mage

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by tobi1449 View Post
    Btw, it looks like while 2-handers lose their 7% GCD reduction, they gain 7% cast speed.
    Correct.

  2. #12
    Senior Member Nahlem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Anveena View Post
    Correct.


    "You will get additional 2 gem slots if you have 2 mythic weapons, which means 2x4% crit dmg gems = 8%." I was thinking about my weapons haha. I have a random magic attack in there which i will replace for 16% total crit dmg increase in 3.7.

    "Spellsinger is always better to go staff. As it's assassin type build and you want the really big hits. Also it's one of the few builds that bank on the staff proc for 75k plus zeal procs. So Spellsinger is staff, but it does limit options for other specs." I have hit over 90k with dual wielding without any issues and in PVE i hit capped damage (150k) most of times on nodachi.

    "Nahlem the issue is most aren't going to hit that point and raw damage staff still trumps. What you get from dual world is 1-2 more sets of fireballs at t7 dagger and only get the gods whip (not all electrical damage) bonus at t7 scepter. Staff still has pen proc passive need pen and almost every t7 staff is using the deep freeze staff minus a very small handful. 4m chill for Insta deep freeze and keeping groups chilled for bonus meteor damage when you go in is just as valuable. Both have separate uses but overall for the big crits staff will still pull ahead." In RvR scenario when you are called to meteor you cannot wait for the RNG to come your way when you want it. Currently I am running with 78% crit rate and 220% crit dmg when zeal procs with 2100 magic attack on circle which will only get better in 3.5+ and I won't even need to worry about "nerfs" on 2handers. I don't need the RNG or the staff. In addition, backdrop firebolts are much faster because of the attack speed.

    Unless cost is an issue, I don't see anything that will make me go mythic t7 staff over what I have right now. I just have to work on Primordials :P
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
    "You will get additional 2 gem slots if you have 2 mythic weapons, which means 2x4% crit dmg gems = 8%." I was thinking about my weapons haha. I have a random magic attack in there which i will replace for 16% total crit dmg increase in 3.7.

    "Spellsinger is always better to go staff. As it's assassin type build and you want the really big hits. Also it's one of the few builds that bank on the staff proc for 75k plus zeal procs. So Spellsinger is staff, but it does limit options for other specs." I have hit over 90k with dual wielding without any issues and in PVE i hit capped damage (150k) most of times on nodachi.

    "Nahlem the issue is most aren't going to hit that point and raw damage staff still trumps. What you get from dual world is 1-2 more sets of fireballs at t7 dagger and only get the gods whip (not all electrical damage) bonus at t7 scepter. Staff still has pen proc passive need pen and almost every t7 staff is using the deep freeze staff minus a very small handful. 4m chill for Insta deep freeze and keeping groups chilled for bonus meteor damage when you go in is just as valuable. Both have separate uses but overall for the big crits staff will still pull ahead." In RvR scenario when you are called to meteor you cannot wait for the RNG to come your way when you want it. Currently I am running with 78% crit rate and 220% crit dmg when zeal procs with 2100 magic attack on circle which will only get better in 3.5+ and I won't even need to worry about "nerfs" on 2handers. I don't need the RNG or the staff. In addition, backdrop firebolts are much faster because of the attack speed.

    Unless cost is an issue, I don't see anything that will make me go mythic t7 staff over what I have right now. I just have to work on Primordials :P
    You do realize the 4m chill is constant and not ring? The internal on pen proc is shorter tan zeal and profs just as easily. And over 99% of the player base isn't going to dual wield mythic like you because they aren't investing the irl cash that you have. Your argument really only applies to 1% of players because you are basing your logic on your gear and not the average player...
    Cataa / Catata
    Gank Bus

  4. #14
    Senior Member Nahlem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,614
    Quote Originally Posted by Cataa View Post
    You do realize the 4m chill is constant and not ring? The internal on pen proc is shorter tan zeal and profs just as easily. And over 99% of the player base isn't going to dual wield mythic like you because they aren't investing the irl cash that you have. Your argument really only applies to 1% of players because you are basing your logic on your gear and not the average player...
    I agree. I apologize.

    I will leave you all with this

    https://gyazo.com/b5810a2e3cc5e437f64786ad709e04f4
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

  5. #15
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    3
    100% agree with Cataa last spot.
    If u are not rafinery owner u can go easy for staff. The biggest problem is that u cant use shield for extra defense, that mean u have to be really quick and not to be angry when die in 2 shots from DR. If Nahlem said that he got 2100 m. attack with DW then for me is red alert ;p That magic amount is possible only with probably full mythic and full gemmed equipment. How many he must have eq point. 10.000 ?

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Ost View Post
    100% agree with Cataa last spot.
    If u are not rafinery owner u can go easy for staff. The biggest problem is that u cant use shield for extra defense, that mean u have to be really quick and not to be angry when die in 2 shots from DR. If Nahlem said that he got 2100 m. attack with DW then for me is red alert ;p That magic amount is possible only with probably full mythic and full gemmed equipment. How many he must have eq point. 10.000 ?
    He has mythic scepter and mythic dagger (both t7).

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    178
    https://omnom.io/3-7-patch-notes/ Keep these changes to dual weild and 2h in mind.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
    I agree. I apologize.

    I will leave you all with this

    https://gyazo.com/b5810a2e3cc5e437f64786ad709e04f4
    Holy hell that post of mine was ate up due to phone autocorrect at work... I dont disagree with the raw stats on double mythic vs mythic staff especially based on gems. Most average players are finally cresting over 6k (divine t6 equiv armor and divine ayanad weapon equiv) if you use the bottom portions of the top 100s as a reference point aside from kyrios so we just have to keep that in mind when us in the top 5-10% are offering advice

    Now on a lighter note was he in his leather or cloth set when you hit that crit?
    Cataa / Catata
    Gank Bus

  9. #19
    Could someone tell me what my options are for off hand weapon with magic dmg? For a Dervish build. I am guessing the sleeper's point dagger is my only option or are there other options? My main weapon is shortspear.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts