+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: How is this server? How active is PvP?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rexorr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    138

    How is this server? How active is PvP?

    Hey, I was looking into trying out another server because Reckoning is getting real old, and Kyrios seems like the place I hear the most about. Are any guilds recruiting here? Is content active?
    Tryphon - Lvl 55 Darkrunner - Tahyang

  2. #2
    Senior Member Rururu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,093
    Server is active with fierce competition at most world bosses and events. The population is high and all of the land is taken. Kyrios is the closest thing to a real endgame server perhaps in all of Archeage.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,124
    While what Celia says is true, it really is not that simple.

    If your goal is to join one of the nations and fight at a 50-100 vs 50-100 scale than yes, this is the server to come to.

    If your goal is to be east or west. this is not the server to come to.

    One nation is allied with the east, one with the west. They both have heavily recruited which has made the east and west ghost towns. By simply being east or west you are either forced into a side and become dependent on them, you go to jail a lot, or you transfer off because there is no one else to fight.

    I would also argue that while the competition is fierce, it is also been watered down with so much recruitment.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Rururu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    1,093
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    While what Celia says is true, it really is not that simple.

    If your goal is to join one of the nations and fight at a 50-100 vs 50-100 scale than yes, this is the server to come to.

    If your goal is to be east or west. this is not the server to come to.

    One nation is allied with the east, one with the west. They both have heavily recruited which has made the east and west ghost towns. By simply being east or west you are either forced into a side and become dependent on them, you go to jail a lot, or you transfer off because there is no one else to fight.

    I would also argue that while the competition is fierce, it is also been watered down with so much recruitment.
    West is doing just fine, its a pretty big faction with more activity than the average faction on NA. East is probably doing quite a bit worse, though there is certainly some guilds over there. As you say, most of the action takes place between Disaster and Barcode nations and in that regard Kyrios has no equal, even in Russia and KR there isn't competition as fierce as there is between the two of us, i credit it to the similar mentalities between the nations who are here for PVP and want to continue to play the game for the competition.

    Anyway, Kyrios is certainly the most active legacy server, i can't really speak for FS which i've heard has died down significantly since it's release, but Kyrios has everything you could ever want on a real server.
    Wearer of Metal
    WORLD CHAMPS
    "Disaster is Better than NaCl" - Aramos
    "Celia is the best player in Archeage history" - Celia
    "Plz don't kill me Celia" - Murdered innocent

  5. #5
    Senior Member Ecm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    689
    Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    West is doing just fine, its a pretty big faction with more activity than the average faction on NA. East is probably doing quite a bit worse, though there is certainly some guilds over there. As you say, most of the action takes place between Disaster and Barcode nations and in that regard Kyrios has no equal, even in Russia and KR there isn't competition as fierce as there is between the two of us, i credit it to the similar mentalities between the nations who are here for PVP and want to continue to play the game for the competition.

    Anyway, Kyrios is certainly the most active legacy server, i can't really speak for FS which i've heard has died down significantly since it's release, but Kyrios has everything you could ever want on a real server.
    There are 2 nations on ru that fight just as much or more than us, with twice as many members, and as far as one can see, not nearly as toxic as here.

  6. #6
    Senior Member sobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    West is doing just fine, its a pretty big faction with more activity than the average faction on NA. East is probably doing quite a bit worse, though there is certainly some guilds over there. As you say, most of the action takes place between Disaster and Barcode nations and in that regard Kyrios has no equal, even in Russia and KR there isn't competition as fierce as there is between the two of us, i credit it to the similar mentalities between the nations who are here for PVP and want to continue to play the game for the competition.

    Anyway, Kyrios is certainly the most active legacy server, i can't really speak for FS which i've heard has died down significantly since it's release, but Kyrios has everything you could ever want on a real server.
    Average west halcy/mm raids are 5-7 people

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by Rururu View Post
    West is doing just fine, its a pretty big faction with more activity than the average faction on NA. East is probably doing quite a bit worse, though there is certainly some guilds over there. ... but Kyrios has everything you could ever want on a real server.
    While I appreciate that the game revolves around Disaster, but by what metric is the west 'doing just fine'? I suppose our crafters can sell stuff to all the whales, but is that a metric given you dont even need to be on this server for it?

    I haven't done a single halcy, mistmerrow, GR, Eye, etc in months. I do some CR's and kill people and yet I am more active than all but 19 other people in the west with a grand total of 700+ leadership? Kraken and Aranzeb west and Tyang east, Morph west, Salphira west/east are all more active than Kyrios west. Being on par with Ollo doesn't make us 'just fine'.

    The west's only PvP guild is Tree Assassins and they purple on everyone, so I am not sure that even counts. The west basically follows GG around and does what they are told. They have no independent motivation or ability, they are essentially minions and a recruitment pool.

    Kyrios is great for big nation fights over stale old bosses, but outside of that it has diminishing opportunities for everything else.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    308
    those tree assassin bastards!
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ AMENO ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    wat

    🌲🌲🌲TREE FARM ASSASSINS🌲🌲🌲

  9. #9
    Senior Member sobin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,045
    Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    While I appreciate that the game revolves around Disaster, but by what metric is the west 'doing just fine'? I suppose our crafters can sell stuff to all the whales, but is that a metric given you dont even need to be on this server for it?

    I haven't done a single halcy, mistmerrow, GR, Eye, etc in months. I do some CR's and kill people and yet I am more active than all but 19 other people in the west with a grand total of 700+ leadership? Kraken and Aranzeb west and Tyang east, Morph west, Salphira west/east are all more active than Kyrios west. Being on par with Ollo doesn't make us 'just fine'.

    The west's only PvP guild is Tree Assassins and they purple on everyone, so I am not sure that even counts. The west basically follows GG around and does what they are told. They have no independent motivation or ability, they are essentially minions and a recruitment pool.

    Kyrios is great for big nation fights over stale old bosses, but outside of that it has diminishing opportunities for everything else.
    I'm not sure who you think you are Mr. Edwardo or maybe you live in a rock but <zeal crits are ♥♥♥♥> are always out there killing and stealing from muppets. I think that's pvp!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sobin View Post
    I'm not sure who you think you are Mr. Edwardo or maybe you live in a rock but <zeal crits are ♥♥♥♥> are always out there killing and stealing from muppets. I think that's pvp!
    This comment makes me laugh as you know exactly who Mr. Edwardo is

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts