Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Follow Nerf Incoming: Trion should offer full refunds on the extra haulers they sold us.

Quote Originally Posted by Taiver View Post
    did you consider that your idea of "follow someone sitting on the back of the freighter" might not work if the follow limitations work by preventing someone driving a cart/freighter from using follow, instead of what you are claiming, which is someone driving the cart etc cannot be followed.
    This distinction which you have missed will break your so called solution since in 3.5, driving a vehicle removes your ability to use the follow. Its not that someone cant click follow on you.
    This is atleast what I have read seems to imply, I guess we will know for certain in a few days from pts
    I've seen this claim of "follow someone sitting on the back of the freighter" multiple times. I've asked at least once and never gotten an answer on whether this is even confirmed to work or just someone's brilliant workaround theory perpetuated as truth now. I've also seen it asked at least once about how that where follow distance can be an issue now, what will happen when you're now following someone on the back of the hauler rather than the driver's seat. I haven't seen that one get answered either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    I've seen this claim of "follow someone sitting on the back of the freighter" multiple times. I've asked at least once and never gotten an answer on whether this is even confirmed to work or just someone's brilliant workaround theory perpetuated as truth now. I've also seen it asked at least once about how that where follow distance can be an issue now, what will happen when you're now following someone on the back of the hauler rather than the driver's seat. I haven't seen that one get answered either.
    Nobody knows exactly how the follow changes work so it's hard to say. Running the extra clients needed is sure to lock many players without a high end PC out of hauler trains if this is the case. Which is why trion needs to offer a credit refund for the extra haulers they sold.
    Do you know what the rarest thing you will ever find in ArcheAge is?

A fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    Nobody knows exactly how the follow changes work so it's hard to say. Running the extra clients needed is sure to lock many players without a high end PC out of hauler trains if this is the case. Which is why trion needs to offer a credit refund for the extra haulers they sold.
    I think if people want a refund, they should return all gold it earned them. There is no excuses for someone buying something, using it for a while or even years then when its changed, asking for a refund.
    My 84 year old nan didn't ask for a refund on her old TV when it changed to digital. She just moved on and changed. Just imagine "OMG its digital only now, this TV I bought back in 1970 cant be used anymore, I demand a refund since its useless now"

The only cases I can imagine a refund being fair are those where someone bought the freighter within the past week or 2 and hasn't used it much or at all but people that have been using them for months or years to do freighter trains, making 1-2k per day or more don't deserve anything. It served its purpose and made them profit, now find something new.

I need a refund, I have 3 fright.
    If wise, do not build them.

My 84 year old nan didn't ask for a refund on her old TV when it changed to digital. She just moved on and changed. Just imagine "OMG its digital only now, this TV I bought back in 1970 cant be used anymore, I demand a refund since its useless now"
    Quote of the Week winner!
    I've started to support global warming in the hope that it will melt all the snowflakes...

Uhh that tv bought in the 1970s wasn't useless and could still be used. There are analog to digital converters. She threw away her tv for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Shantar View Post
    Quote of the Week winner!
    When television converted from analog to digital, the government did off a method for people to convert their old televisions to the new standard so that they wouldn't be obsolete in the form of a tax free coupon towards analog to digital converters.

https://www.boe.ca.gov/news/pdf/L202.pdf

I feel trion has a similar obligation. People with farm haulers should, at the very least, be given a free pack of the new generalmerchant consumables that allow for the new follow system to encourage them into the new system.

When a nation wide standard is introduced by government, the government does in fact have a moral obligation, sometimes a legal one, to make amends to the people negatively effected by it. In this same train of thought, trion and xlgames do have an obligation to make things square for people who have invested real money into something after pulling the rug out from under them.

I think if people want a refund, they should return all gold it earned them. There is no excuses for someone buying something, using it for a while or even years then when its changed, asking for a refund.

The only cases I can imagine a refund being fair are those where someone bought the freighter within the past week or 2 and hasn't used it much or at all but people that have been using them for months or years to do freighter trains, making 1-2k per day or more don't deserve anything. It served its purpose and made them profit, now find something new.
    You kinda forgot the bit where if we did get refunds for haulers but we have to give back all the Gold made
    Then how exactly are they going to refund time
    Likr they can refund labor no problem but time is not really something they can do

Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
    Uhh that tv bought in the 1970s wasn't useless and could still be used. There are analog to digital converters. She threw away her tv for no reason.

When television converted from analog to digital, the government did off a method for people to convert their old televisions to the new standard so that they wouldn't be obsolete in the form of a tax free coupon towards analog to digital converters.

https://www.boe.ca.gov/news/pdf/L202.pdf

I feel trion has a similar obligation. People with farm haulers should, at the very least, be given a free pack of the new generalmerchant consumables that allow for the new follow system to encourage them into the new system.

When a nation wide standard is introduced by government, the government does in fact have a moral obligation, sometimes a legal one, to make amends to the people negatively effected by it. In this same train of thought, trion and xlgames do have an obligation to make things square for people who have invested real money into something after pulling the rug out from under them.
    Except here Trion or XL are under zero obligation to offer anything.

Fact that they offer any compensation when something happens is in fact out of the goodness of thier hearts. They are under no legal obligation to offer compentation. Just read the ToS.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Except here Trion or XL are under zero obligation to offer anything.

Fact that they offer any compensation when something happens is in fact out of the goodness of thier hearts. They are under no legal obligation to offer compentation. Just read the ToS.
    You are right in saying that there is no obligation on their part to offer a refund. It is however the right thing to do since they made the decision to take away follow after allowing it for so long and selling so many extra haulers/red haulers/freighters in the process. What is someone supposed to do with 5 extra freighters now? Stare at them? Trion has repeatedly done the wrong thing and lost many customers. Isn't it time to start doing the right thing? I mean I'm not holding my breath or anything...
    Do you know what the rarest thing you will ever find in ArcheAge is?

A fair fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    You are right in saying that there is no obligation on their part to offer a refund. It is however the right thing to do since they made the decision to take away follow after allowing it for so long and selling so many extra haulers/red haulers/freighters in the process. What is someone supposed to do with 5 extra freighters now? Stare at them? Trion has repeatedly done the wrong thing and lost many customers. Isn't it time to start doing the right thing? I mean I'm not holding my breath or anything...
    Well Trion didn't force the train mentality. That is on the players. So who's at fault?
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast