+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rampage Car Discussion -- B200/S200

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #71
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Let's talk about the cars. Obviously, this is a big topic that many people feel very passionately about.

It was very important to us that they were obtainable in different methods, and at least one method was accessible by free to play players. We always want to provide a few different ways for players to obtain an item, and we work with the developer to make sure that’s possible in as many situations as we can.

This message is confirmation that the variants of the Rampage will be available in the following methods:

Black Rampage -- Attainable through the Archeum Erenor Eternal Pack.
    Gold Rampage -- Attainable through 3 Golden Tokens on the Marketplace in the near future.
    Silver Rampage -- Attainable via in-game crafting, the same way the other cars are obtained.

We understand and appreciate that you guys are interested in the vehicle upgrade tickets being used to upgrade your existing car into the Rampage. But in this case, after discussing a potential car upgrade path with the developer, the response we received indicated that the purchasable marketplace upgrade ticket was not going to be an option. Each region has their own different methods for distributing various items -- we don't always use the same methods.

So here's the TL;DR -- We had the conversation with the developer prior to the release of the update. NA/EU will not receive an upgrade path to convert a timber coupe into a rampage. Each region distributes items differently and typically this has been to our benefit.

That said, let’s begin our discussion and please to reasoned statements here. If anyone from here on out dives into insults or flaming, your post will be removed. Keep it nice, even if you disagree.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Future Nui Character

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Celestrata if that is the case then IMO you guys did not work hard enough on our behalf if that is really the answer. Making people craft it from scratch is rediculous and misleading and I KNOW you know that. You guys need to go back to the drawing board, two pay options and fresh craft with no notice is unnaceptable. You will lose players over this, and its really something that should have been exciting.

Your silence since December about this issue was seemingly to me now just a way to keep the players from getting riled up. So you wait until the actual release of PTS (less than 4 days of testing mind you). Waiting was the wrong choice, accepting this obvious bait and switch from XL was a mistake. Enough people will be upset about this to affect your overhead.

And in the future please take my advice, waiting to supply bad news does not lessen its impact. It makes it look like you care even less.

Also as a note, I do not accept your explanation. Every hauler, every longboard, every other car has been done this way (upgrade ticket) since the inception of the game. Why would this be any different?

*While my post is not "happy" I do think that it avoids flaming and insults and uses purposely chosen but acceptable language*
    (Aranzeb) - Nth | - Lumberjack Phenom - Baron of the South Rook // North Peri Forest - LAA Member since 2015 "Land Addicts Anonymous" (in recovery) | WTB LAND

Honestly Celestrata....at this point you're all making me feel like we're the ugly red-headed step-children XL doesn't want.

I'm highly disappointed.

edit: with no offense to red-heads but....the saying is what the saying is :x <3 ily
    Savannalynn
    Trion Creator
    Conviction's #1 Cookie Dealer
    <SavageS>

"Sav got so many stalkers they build her houses just so they can stand outside." -Toast 2k16

Conviction's Tastiest Homes

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Let's talk about the cars. Obviously, this is a big topic that many people feel very passionately about.

It was very important to us that they were obtainable in different methods, and at least one method was accessible by free to play players. We always want to provide a few different ways for players to obtain an item, and we work with the developer to make sure that’s possible in as many situations as we can.

This message is confirmation that the variants of the Rampage will be available in the following methods:

Gold Rampage -- Attainable through 3 Golden Tokens on the Marketplace in the near future.
    Silver Rampage -- Attainable via in-game crafting, the same way the other cars are obtained.

We understand and appreciate that you guys are interested in the vehicle upgrade tickets being used to upgrade your existing car into the Rampage. But in this case, after discussing a potential car upgrade path with the developer, the response we received indicated that the purchasable marketplace upgrade ticket was not going to be an option. Each region has their own different methods for distributing various items -- we don't always use the same methods.

So here's the TL;DR -- We had the conversation with the developer prior to the release of the update. NA/EU will not receive an upgrade path to convert a timber coupe into a rampage. Each region distributes items differently and typically this has been to our benefit.

That said, let’s begin our discussion and please to reasoned statements here. If anyone from here on out dives into insults or flaming, your post will be removed. Keep it nice, even if you disagree.
    I hope you guys are aware of the fact that you will be losing a lot of paying costumers over this.

I would like to know how hard you guys pushed to get us an upgradeable version. 2 of the 3 ways available are only through very expensive routes, the third makes the old cars obsolete. It should've been clear that none of these choices would be ideal for us, your playerbase here in NA and EU. So again, how hard did you guys push to get us a fair option that was not available only to those who can pay for it?
    * All I really want to do is get high and play video games.

Aycee | Kyrios | East

CPU: Intel 4790k
    GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V
    Mobo: Asus Maximus VII Formula
    Ram: 16GB Corsair Vengeance
    Case: NZXT Phantom

Let's talk about the cars.....

Alright, I get that I might need to craft another car. Irritating, but whatever.

But the colors? really?

I can't imagine how ridiculous the gold one would look, I would like the black one.
    I am no longer dumping money into the game, I can't afford it.

I see though on PTS, only one recipe to add trade packs to the Silver one, and the result is wrapped.

Will there be additional recipes to add trade crates to the black and gold versions? If so, will the resulting car be wrapped?

Edit - Clarification request. Do the 2 cars that do not need to be crafted even have the trade crates?

So here's the TL;DR -- We had the conversation with the developer prior to the release of the update. NA/EU will not receive an upgrade path to convert a timber coupe into a rampage. Each region distributes items differently and typically this has been to our benefit.[/U]
    We could have been given warning about that, though. I built my car in the last month because they indicated on stream that there would be several paths to getting the car.
    Moowi/Barbiedoll/Killerbees

Wow, so no upgrade from the cars we have already. Yeah like I so need 2 cars.

This seriously blows...
    Miraflufferpaws
    Mastertater of <EAST SIDE>
    <EAST SIDE> of Ollo and Kraken (Alpha guild of Ollo)
    Erenor hero of Kraken for June 2017 - Delphinad hero July 2017
    Baby Epherium hero of Ollo for January, February & March 2016 (RIP Ollo)
    Crazy cat lady of KRAKEN
    I LOVE CATS
    >^..^<

Appreciate you at the very least informing us of this decision, however, you all at Trion Worlds could have told your player base, your customers, your supporters all of us well in advance that this was the decision you all were going to make. It's way too late to hear about this. You all knew well in advance and you kept us all in the dark about it. That is a cold and sorry. Petty is the word that comes to mind. Thank you for bringing such a wonderful game to NA and EU. But I will not support you (TrionWorlds) or XLGames any longer. I've stuck it out through all the bad choices and decisions you all have made and I just cannot do it any longer.

What was the reasoning behind this decision really? it makes no sense to me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast