+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50
Results 491 to 498 of 498

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Rampage Car Discussion -- B200/S200

  1. #491
    Senior Member Noxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    It wont be rare at all, it will be like a donkey lol.

    I do understand what you mean though, let's see what happens

    A car is not meant to be easy access, a farm cart or hauler is.

    If they dropped that car now in there, 4500g will get it, probably less since at the moment hardly anyone is selling them, that is a stupid price for a considerably "rare" item.
    i think it's good incentive for new player to get into the game and progress more faster.

    At this point all things like that is good to take. Who care about pixel if at the end your world is empty.

  2. #492
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    It wont be rare at all, it will be like a donkey lol.

    I do understand what you mean though, let's see what happens.



    A car is not meant to be easy access, a farm cart or hauler is.

    If they dropped that car now in there, 4500g will get it, probably less since at the moment hardly anyone is selling them, that is a stupid price for a considerably "rare" item.
    I'd just like to point out...you can either have C200s everywhere, like "donkeys"...OR you can have C200 cost 4500g because "hardly anyone is selling" keys and considering they're so cheap currently without an oversupply...I would guess current demand must be insanely low. You can't have both, unless you're going to magic up 3 keys for every alt in the game from somewhere.

    I'm with Noxm though. Feel free to keep cars rare, I'm sure new players will love to hear that after getting to their wagon they'll have to start all over from square one and start grinding out for eventually a timber coupe (once the B200s are all unwrapped) before they can do trade runs outside of safe zones without being a complete mobile gank target for literally everyone they run into who isn't even newer than them. Things shouldn't get cheaper over time.

  3. #493
    Senior Member Noxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxm View Post
    Update : 26/01/2018
    We get a new semi answer yesterday on live stream :

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222655625?t=47m59s

    So it's confirmed we will know what happened next week
    Update : 09/02/2018

    "i think it's might still be on the table"

    We will see with Celestraza next week*

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227376119?t=51m30s

    soonČ

  4. #494
    Senior Member MonolithD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    2,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    Feel free to keep cars rare
    I said it's not meant to be easy access, there is a difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lukealex View Post
    I'm sure new players will love to hear that after getting to their wagon they'll have to start all over from square one and start grinding out for eventually a timber coupe (once the B200s are all unwrapped) before they can do trade runs outside of safe zones without being a complete mobile gank target for literally everyone they run into who isn't even newer than them. Things shouldn't get cheaper over time.
    Don't be so melodramatic, stealing packs and being ganked is part of that game.

    Always with the "think of the children" posts, certain things are easier to obtain than others, that should be obvious. You work through steps, not going walk => car unless you pay some $$$

    I was saying a "POSSIBLE" reason they have not released it for this could be because the value of the tokens, I don't run packs so it's not the be-all-and-end-all scenario for me personally.

    But you will see what I mean if its released, the blow up of threads of guys saying "I had to pay $150 for a b200 and now you give a car for 3-4K" , I have been here long enough to know that, and that is something they most likely they are taking into consideration too.

  5. #495
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    517
    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    I said it's not meant to be easy access, there is a difference.



    Don't be so melodramatic, stealing packs and being ganked is part of that game.

    Always with the "think of the children" posts, certain things are easier to obtain than others, that should be obvious. You work through steps, not going walk => car unless you pay some $$$

    I was saying a "POSSIBLE" reason they have not released it for this could be because the value of the tokens, I don't run packs so it's not the be-all-and-end-all scenario for me personally.

    But you will see what I mean if its released, the blow up of threads of guys saying "I had to pay $150 for a b200 and now you give a car for 3-4K" , I have been here long enough to know that, and that is something they most likely they are taking into consideration too.
    I suppose I'll give you the first point, on the technicality that when you compared C200s being as common as donkeys you were replying to a quote of a quote.

    The current Archeum pack gives a Frost Drake though, and recently the Astra Wings were re-released, plus the golden wings and Typhoon Drake and S200 make a pretty good argument that the Archeum pack isn't quite designed to have the item be extremely rare/exculsive/etc. I mean, I suppose you could point to the Lavaspark, but...yeah, that's kind of an exception.

    My argument was that 4500 is not what you'll end up paying if C200 is 3 Golden Tokens - I'm assuming you're familiar with how few options there are currently. Hence demand is low, Golden Tokens are cheap. Golden Tokens aren't exactly super common so unless some people want to crazy P2W them with a bunch of alts, if everyone is buying up Golden Tokens like crazy, a C200 is going to cost a lot more from the AH. Most people playing are fairly intelligent, Golden Tokens are gonna be 1/3 the price of a B200/Timber Coupe if only because people buy them to resell for profit knowing that people want C200s. If Golden Tokens don't rise in price that much, then demand is low, meaning sure the C200 is cheap, but not many people bought it, meaning most existing people didn't want/already have a car, meaning basically only new players get a "deal," cheap car doesn't matter anyway. I mean, maybe in a couple of years if nothing else ever gets added to the Golden Token store...but that wasn't your argument.

    B200s are mostly gone by now, leaving new players with the option of building a Timber Coupe/S200 now. (Actually, as of now, NA has none listed and EU had one for around 20k and another for around 25k - so...like roughly $200 in APEX, I mean...sucks to suck and start after that Archeum pack, amirite?)


    I'm not saying nobody should ever have their packs stolen.... I'm saying new players start by walking, then donkey, then 600g+ and 19 Wagon Upgrade Tickets (500 Credits each) they have a freighter, which means they're reached the point where if they get a Merchants Costume they'll be equal to everyone else running T1 safe zone packs. Then, they need to start all over on a car to be able to reliably do T3/T1 not in safe zone packs. (Also worth noting to do T2 runs other than the ferry requires a ship, but that's off topic.)

    So, basically after 8 APEX in, new players can now efficiently do safe zone T1 packs, and after another 20 or so APEX they can "unlock" the rest of the overland trade runs. This isn't like armor - you can't upgrade your freighter to a car. I suppose you could skip working on a freighter and use a donkey, but that's a lot of pack runs on a donkey for 20 APEX if you aren't buying the APEX with money.

    There's also the argument of now that Charcoal is it's own separate cargo and there's freshness timers, that not having a car locks new players out of being able to competitively do cargo - it used to be speed vs quantity, now speed is more required.


    TLDR I'm not saying cars should be free. I'm just saying that C200s won't sell for incredibly cheap or even cheap. I thought about not replying but you've misrepresented my entire post so badly.... I'll leave it at this though, perhaps we just misunderstood each other.

    Maybe Trion is holding off on the C200 because Golden Tokens are cheap - they aren't ever going to go up in price though unless some new items to buy are added in.... The maybe people will be unhappy thing isn't even worth discussing IMO - there's multiple people in here wanting the C200, there's people that complain about stuff just to complain....

  6. #496
    Senior Member Noxm's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    302
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Date : 07/06/2017

    Let's talk about the cars. Obviously, this is a big topic that many people feel very passionately about.

    It was very important to us that they were obtainable in different methods, and at least one method was accessible by free to play players. We always want to provide a few different ways for players to obtain an item, and we work with the developer to make sure that’s possible in as many situations as we can.

    This message is confirmation that the variants of the Rampage will be available in the following methods:

    Black Rampage -- Attainable through the Archeum Erenor Eternal Pack.
    Gold Rampage -- Attainable through 3 Golden Tokens on the Marketplace in the near future.
    Silver Rampage -- Attainable via in-game crafting, the same way the other cars are obtained.

    We understand and appreciate that you guys are interested in the vehicle upgrade tickets being used to upgrade your existing car into the Rampage. But in this case, after discussing a potential car upgrade path with the developer, the response we received indicated that the purchasable marketplace upgrade ticket was not going to be an option. Each region has their own different methods for distributing various items -- we don't always use the same methods.

    So here's the TL;DR -- We had the conversation with the developer prior to the release of the update. NA/EU will not receive an upgrade path to convert a timber coupe into a rampage. Each region distributes items differently and typically this has been to our benefit.

    That said, let’s begin our discussion and please to reasoned statements here. If anyone from here on out dives into insults or flaming, your post will be removed. Keep it nice, even if you disagree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxm View Post
    We got the start of an answer : https://www.twitch.tv/videos/220265821?t=44m37s
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxm View Post
    Update :27/01/2018 :
    We get a new semi answer yesterday on live stream :

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/222655625?t=47m59s

    So it's confirmed we will know what happened next week
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxm View Post
    Update : 09/02/2018

    "i think it's might still be on the table"

    We will see with Celestraza next week*

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/227376119?t=51m30s

    soonČ
    Update :16/02/2018 stream : Celestrata seem to dont care and still no ETA so no answer

  7. #497
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxm View Post
    Update :16/02/2018 stream : Celestrata seem to dont care and still no ETA so no answer
    I don't think this matter will ever be answered. This subject has been buried for a long time, I'm not expecting any answer from it ever again to be honest.

    But I want to thank you for your efforts though, it's appreciated.
    ArcheAge player since Close Beta

  8. #498
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    2
    The Wrapped rampage c200
    Ready to load packs?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts