+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: You jumped the shark with today's stream.

You jumped the shark with today's stream.

I'm (almost) lost for words right now. The live streams were never a mine of information, but this one was a straight up insult. So many questions and concerns have been raised by the community since 3.5 hit PTS, and through the live release -- and what did we get just now? Pushing cash shop items, pushing credit packs, pushing Archeum packs, hyping unattainable gear, ♥♥♥♥'s and giggles, and explaining the most basic stuff to the adorable Muzzy.

Way to go. You have not answered a single question, and tried to cover it up with give-aways and silly fluff. There was a similar incident when the servers crashed at the release of 3.0, but back than, at least you had the decency to make up an excuse (you said you were unable to answer questions while your techs were still working). Today, not even that.

Car upgrade? Ignored.
    Technical issues? Ignored.
    Concerns about trade system? Ignored.
    Anything relevant? Ignored.
    Anything that not all of us already know? Ignored.

All I heard was Growling Yawl this, Golden Token that, and Muzzy going "You can own land in this game? Wow! A trade pack is something you build and put on your back? Cool! Oh look, that boat looks like a whale!"

After putting up with you for 2.5 years (often against better judgement), and mostly giving you the benefit of the doubt, I now officially give up on you. I have never seen such an insulting travesty in my life. Disgusting.
    "Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much."

Oscar Wilde on ArcheAge

I was "timed out" or banned from the streams chat for asking about the car. I just don't get it.
    Do you know what the rarest thing you will ever find in ArcheAge is?

A fair fight.

Sandcloud, 'til the winds bear me elsewhere.
    For whatever it's worth, they did mention that they're giving XL a hard time about that Experience Point issue. As for everything else, I can't help but agree. I find myself wondering why I bothered to watch that stream.
    Veni, vidi, facepalmi.

Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    I was "timed out" or banned from the streams chat for asking about the car. I just don't get it.
    The time out also occured here, and only said hello in stream chat, so no ban, just issues/bug again? But yes, the live stream was more focussed on pushing their cash shop etc. etc. superficial stuff, ignoring all the relevant issues.
    “If you are irritated by every rub, how will your mirror be polished?”
    - Jalaluddin Rumi

I completely agree. I came in a bit late, but just watched the beginning of the stream over and am completely at a loss for words. I was watching as people were trying to ask something over the car and their comment was instantly being deleted.

I tried to ask a few things about trading and our larder issue, why we didn't get the same boost to royal seeds as KR did - all never got answered. It was literally just "oohs and ahhs" over the same things we've known about for the past 2 years. It's ridiculous.
    Hanure - West
    <Revelations>
    Primeval - 6.1k GS

Agree with all. Terrible stream.

That stream was an insult to the community

I like how the cm who we've seen in past streams and has presumably been playing for at least a month was surprised at the existence of PLAYER HOUSING and FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTERS and GLIDERS, but then towards the end he started talking about DR meta and car exclusive trade routes. So was he going off a script, or does he legitimately have brain damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Teeth View Post
    I like how the cm who we've seen in past streams and has presumably been playing for at least a month was surprised at the existence of PLAYER HOUSING and FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE CHARACTERS and GLIDERS, but then towards the end he started talking about DR meta and car exclusive trade routes. So was he going off a script, or does he legitimately have brain damage?
    I honestly don't think we were the intended audience for that stream. I just wish they would do something separate for us. I don't need a growling yawl because I worked hard to get one on my own. What I would like is answers and understanding. Maybe each week after the stream they could make a thread for people to ask questions that they might have missed and spend some time responding.
    Do you know what the rarest thing you will ever find in ArcheAge is?

A fair fight.

I love Muzzy. He's enthusiastic and new.

But really? We're having a live screen discussing "Wow what does having patron mean?" and "What's this---a house?! Wow!", "I can farm potatoes? No way!" I mean....I was dumbfounded.
    Kixxy :3
    Huggable C@ - Firran Confections - Kyrios

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast