Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any word on server merges?

Any word on server merges?

Just as the title asks. Things are getting awful quiet lately. In the past few weeks since 3.5, things have dropped off significantly. Now, it's hard to find a CR, GR, Kadum, or anything else on my server. There have been multiple raids daily for all of those since the fresh start server came out. They have almost completely dropped off though in the last two weeks. Without events like these, the server grinds to a halt.

With the exception of a couple hours during prime time, /nation, /faction, /trade are all so quiet the chat box fades out. There's no guild recruitment spam. There's no arguments. There's not even any trash talk anymore outside some random and occasional chatter. It's just quiet now.

So, without going on a rant about how you have finally succeeded in killing the game, are you at least discussing or have plans to merge servers? Is there any news at all or should we just pack our bags and find a different game?

I don't know if you noticed this about your game, but it's horrible at solo play. You kinda designed in the need for a somewhat healthy player base. The economy, gear progression, server progression, and many more aspects depend on it.

Would you just please take action before things fall apart? It may already be too late, but I'd like to think there's more life left in the game. Just don't wait till everyone's gone before you take action like you usually do.

What server are you on? Tahyang?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruttle2 View Post
    Just as the title asks. Things are getting awful quiet lately.
    Why dont you transfer ?
    Anyone that feels that his/her server is bad just transfer its only 2 apex+ (2000gold tops)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

Everyone will probably be gone before they do something about it.. IF they ever do it.

@Anselmo, that seems to be the solution, but if you think about it, hopping from a server to another repeatedly doesn't make the playerbase healthy. Instead, you're packing everything you have and moving for an x-amount of time before you need to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Anselmo View Post
    Why dont you transfer ?
    Anyone that feels that his/her server is bad just transfer its only 2 apex+ (2000gold tops)
    It becomes complicated when you have friends : you don't want to transfer alone (I tried once, even on a healthy server it's boring to be without your friends).
    Problem is when your friends don't want to :
    - pay to transfer
    - rebuild all their houses
    - sell all their items that cannot be contained in the warehouse.

Consequently, i saw people stop the game because they continued to play on an empty server.

I'm not sure trion cares that much about some people leaving. Server merges can also bring people to stop the game (because merges = more pvp = more ragequit). Either case, equal people stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Azue View Post
    It becomes complicated when you have friends : you don't want to transfer alone (I tried once, even on a healthy server it's boring to be without your friends).
    Problem is when your friends don't want to :
    - pay to transfer
    - rebuild all their houses
    - sell all their items that cannot be contained in the warehouse.

Consequently, i saw people stop the game because they continued to play on an empty server.

I'm not sure trion cares that much about some people leaving. Server merges can also bring people to stop the game (because merges = more pvp = more ragequit). Either case, equal people stop playing.
    The problem comes in when you try to merge actually populated servers with dead servers. Because you generally lose a percentage of the population from each server then it has to be worth losing a huge chunk of the players from the populated server in order to fill it up with a few hold-outs from the dead server that are only hanging on hoping for free hand outs. Realistically you would lose far less people just closing the dead servers and give everyone some free transfers and building management titles to full kit their properties. If they don't move in 30 days they just get auto-moved to a server of Trions choice.

There is plenty of room on even the most populated servers for 2-3 of the dead servers to move on in and barely anyone would notice. Have you looked at Ollo? There's something like 30 houses in all of the safe zones combined or something.

Why dont you transfer ?

This !

Stop asking for ruin the game for for thousands of other customer and care for your single self, if someone dont like his server transfer and zip it !

Why dont you transfer ?
    If you have been playing for a long time there is no way that anyone can transfer without having to sell off tons of stuff and lose all the mats and labor tearing down your houses etc.

If they want us to move freely then they need to provide a viable method to move all my stuff from one server to another. That does not exist today.

9.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #9
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    I know this is a question that comes up a lot (especially on our livestreams and here in the forums), but no, there has been no new news since we last spoke about merges/evolutions. The last thing we said, well before 3.5, was that we were going to hold off on any sort of evolutions/merges and we'd update folks if those plans changed. We did say we'd revisit this topic at some point after 3.5, but still, there's nothing new here.

If those plans do change though, with respect, we're not going to post that into a forum thread that a player makes. We're going to make it an announcement that the entire community can see, so that way everyone is on the same page and getting the information at the same time. It's just more fair for everyone else that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    I know this is a question that comes up a lot (especially on our livestreams and here in the forums), but no, there has been no new news since we last spoke about merges/evolutions. The last thing we said, well before 3.5, was that we were going to hold off on any sort of evolutions/merges and we'd update folks if those plans changed. We did say we'd revisit this topic at some point after 3.5, but still, there's nothing new here.

If those plans do change though, with respect, we're not going to post that into a forum thread that a player makes. We're going to make it an announcement that the entire community can see, so that way everyone is on the same page and getting the information at the same time. It's just more fair for everyone else that way.
    That is completely understandable. Thank you for the reply. Please keep an eye on this though. Once a server reaches the point that there are no CR's, GR's, Kadums, etc, it brings the server progression to a halt. When that happens, people either quit or transfer off that server which further compounds the issue.

When it comes to server mergers, historically speaking, I usually see companies wait far too long before merging. I imagine this is mainly because the MMO community sees mergers as the sign of a dying game. However, it is part of the expected and even healthy cycle. It can be a very good thing. This particularly applies to games like Archeage where group play is required for the vast majority of the content.

Of course there will be people that complain. They will always be present. However, I can imagine the amount of people lost to server merges will be far less than those that just quit because their server is dead and they don't want to rebuild all of their housing and property, essentially starting over.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast