Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 150

  Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Any word on server merges?

  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    I know this is a question that comes up a lot (especially on our livestreams and here in the forums), but no, there has been no new news since we last spoke about merges/evolutions. The last thing we said, well before 3.5, was that we were going to hold off on any sort of evolutions/merges and we'd update folks if those plans changed. We did say we'd revisit this topic at some point after 3.5, but still, there's nothing new here.

    If those plans do change though, with respect, we're not going to post that into a forum thread that a player makes. We're going to make it an announcement that the entire community can see, so that way everyone is on the same page and getting the information at the same time. It's just more fair for everyone else that way.
    I feel like the administration needs to take a week or two and spend time as a player on each legacy server. Experience what we are experiencing. There is no "active" server to transfer to on legacy.
    Panthora <Nazar> [east]

  2. #42
    Let just face it.. it's an issue they would sooner ignore than address. So while they bury their heads in the sand, a few servers will get buried next to them
    <Tempest> Tempest EU

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1,724
    I really want them to roll a few of the servers together to balance things out again. I play on Ollo West. Ollo west has about as many east alts in it as it does west mains. It would be nice to have reasonably even numbers on both sides again.

    It would also be nice to be able to do the new events. We simply don't have enough people to actually do any of the new events.

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    985
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthora View Post
    I feel like the administration needs to take a week or two and spend time as a player on each legacy server. Experience what we are experiencing. There is no "active" server to transfer to on legacy.
    Speak for your own server. Kraken has been active and high quite a bit.
    Dirrty
    <Spetsnaz>
    Kraken West

    Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Social media is cancerous because of social vanity, they want to ruin things they don't agree with.

  5. #45
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    417
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    I know this is a question that comes up a lot (especially on our livestreams and here in the forums), but no, there has been no new news since we last spoke about merges/evolutions. The last thing we said, well before 3.5, was that we were going to hold off on any sort of evolutions/merges and we'd update folks if those plans changed. We did say we'd revisit this topic at some point after 3.5, but still, there's nothing new here.

    If those plans do change though, with respect, we're not going to post that into a forum thread that a player makes. We're going to make it an announcement that the entire community can see, so that way everyone is on the same page and getting the information at the same time. It's just more fair for everyone else that way.
    I thought you wanted a dialog with the players about what should H
    Happen with mergers. Making an official announcement means you've already decided which course of action to persue. So which way is it?

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by Panthora View Post
    I feel like the administration needs to take a week or two and spend time as a player on each legacy server. Experience what we are experiencing. There is no "active" server to transfer to on legacy.
    Kraken had a login queue over the weekend, granted thats only one server and I get what you are trying to say.
    Xhisors
    Enigmatist --- Spellsong --- Daggerspell
    Honor Bound | Commander

  7. #47
    Senior Member Tricorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Villanelle Island
    Posts
    1,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhisors View Post
    Kraken had a login queue over the weekend, granted thats only one server and I get what you are trying to say.
    Oh, what do you know, Kraken server is the most populated server for the past several months, and Kyrios server is slowly dying off...

    Goes to show that "the PvP" server was just full of it, and you need both an active PvP competitive scene AND a vibrant farming/trading community to be the best server there is.

    Viva la Kraken server!

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    955
    If server mergers would be in question, then they should run an ingame (because forums are barely viewed by less than 10% of the total players) poll for it.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    I know this is a question that comes up a lot (especially on our livestreams and here in the forums), but no, there has been no new news since we last spoke about merges/evolutions. The last thing we said, well before 3.5, was that we were going to hold off on any sort of evolutions/merges and we'd update folks if those plans changed. We did say we'd revisit this topic at some point after 3.5, but still, there's nothing new here.

    If those plans do change though, with respect, we're not going to post that into a forum thread that a player makes. We're going to make it an announcement that the entire community can see, so that way everyone is on the same page and getting the information at the same time. It's just more fair for everyone else that way.
    Thanks for the reply, I am on Nazar and have been through one merge and lost all my land, and just recently got the land for my cookie house. I would not be back should Nazar go through another merge. I have enjoyed the game but, there are a lot of games out there without the irritation of this one. I thought all the changes were not advantageous to TRION, and were aimed at forcing players into PVP, didn't work. I thought the new pack system sucked the big one, and gave unfair advantage to people with housing in 2c etc. Their lands are stocked with packs from all over and they just run down the hill when the prices are good, also the big guilds running trains of 6 and 8 packs and larders, driving the prices down, so when I come along with my 1 cart, i'm lucky to get 8g of anything. However, I live with it because I like the farming and housing. I am almost a founder member and have never killed another player yet. But, I won't go through another merge. There is a lot that has had a rope on it since last Nov. (Solz housing) the player never had to build a house, just pay taxes. With a merge, those players faster, or with more gold, or more designs, would simply stake the land and never have to build, sell high at leisure. At the end of the day, its still just a game.. (Wishing you happy marriage, happy life.)
    Goldheart

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldherat View Post
    Thanks for the reply, I am on Nazar and have been through one merge and lost all my land, and just recently got the land for my cookie house. I would not be back should Nazar go through another merge. I have enjoyed the game but, there are a lot of games out there without the irritation of this one. I thought all the changes were not advantageous to TRION, and were aimed at forcing players into PVP, didn't work. I thought the new pack system sucked the big one, and gave unfair advantage to people with housing in 2c etc. Their lands are stocked with packs from all over and they just run down the hill when the prices are good, also the big guilds running trains of 6 and 8 packs and larders, driving the prices down, so when I come along with my 1 cart, i'm lucky to get 8g of anything. However, I live with it because I like the farming and housing. I am almost a founder member and have never killed another player yet. But, I won't go through another merge. There is a lot that has had a rope on it since last Nov. (Solz housing) the player never had to build a house, just pay taxes. With a merge, those players faster, or with more gold, or more designs, would simply stake the land and never have to build, sell high at leisure. At the end of the day, its still just a game.. (Wishing you happy marriage, happy life.)
    I will repeat myself it seems, if your server is busy and active. I assume it is because you claim to have been struggling to get land. Then it's not considered for merger and you have nothing to complain about / contribute. Other than to say hey server XXX is lively no need to merge it :P

    The at risk of dying servers, those who can't do CR/GR basic events because there's not enough people / healers. Those are the people we need to here from in this discussion and there really is that much land on those servers that you could merge 3 and still have space to place housing.
    <Tempest> Tempest EU

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts