+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Do we have enough advertising for ArcheAge? + Suggestion.

Do we have enough advertising for ArcheAge? + Suggestion.

Everyday on my facebook I see random games, some very very old like Lineage2 or Runescape and blackdesert and some even different ones, mainly mmorpgs being advertise to get new players but I have never seen an ArcheAge advertise in the facebook social media that I use, idk about others.

Today I logged on my facebook and first thing I see even tho I never played the game or liked their page or anything, I saw an advertise of Blackdesert + a promotion giving 7 days trial to play and see if you enjoy the game, I understend that black desert is a game you buy once, idk if there's a monthly membership or anything but something like that could be applied to ArcheAge too in order to try and bring new players.

Something like 7 days patron that doesn't give loyalt and some timed things like armors for low lvl, a 2 slot cart or something.

Russia has events that give out to ppl celestial obsidian t6 armor/wep, why don't we get something like that but pieces that can't be regraded and if event stone they wont give mass amount of archeum and such, I heard ti bring alot of players back and RU AA is very very populated, the way this game should be.

Any ideas of how ArcheAge advertising should be done and what would interest more players into trying it out and keep them playing ?

Do we have enoguh advertising of ArcheAge on the social media?

This thread is not meant to advertise other games or their promotions and I hope it doesn't get removed, it's a thread of a player who is jealous seeing other MMORPGS growing when our game is bleeding players day by day and wish it would change.

Why don't you comment in the thread taking about this Russia give away and such...

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...more-populated

7 day free patron , with the amount of alts we have? You sure you wanna do that?

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Why don't you comment in the thread taking about this Russia give away and such...

http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...more-populated

7 day free patron , with the amount of alts we have? You sure you wanna do that?
    Already commented, this thread is about advertising AA.

That was a thought since what else can we offer? if you can give a better idea of something to bring new or old players back feel free to post it, that's the point of the thread anyways.

I'm not shooting you down, I was just saying

Maybe a bring a buddy promo, Tera also did that and worked quite nicely

No we dont have enough but thats not the Problem of AA... i think the NA/EU can only play games like WoW and if you cant get bis Items in 2 month the game is to many grind.

The other point, i think Trion failed to hard with the community they dont realize that they give there playerbase the feeling that they dont care about the players.
    I dont know why Trion give a ♥♥♥♥ about this point or why they cant learn from the failures they did in the past, maybe its because they are from NA i dont know.

AA is advertised on facebook.

Advertising ArcheAge is like advertising Anthrax. By now, most know it's a bad substance that will kill you and no matter how much advertising you do people are not gonna buy into it. ArcheAge is the same, has a bad reputation stemming from behaviour that has never changed in years. I stopped recommending my friends this game about two years ago. Blogs have written ♥♥♥♥ty things about AA, websites like mmorpg.com and massivelyop have bashed AA again and again, people with an interest read those things, ask/look around and only hear bad things. The only advertising going around is bad and rightly so too because nobody can honestly say that in 3 years of AA, things got better.

As a beta player who still plays, I would never ever drag someone else in the hellhole that is the management of this game, both dev and publisher side.

Unless big changes happen to management, this game will always hold its reputation true and nobody is interested in that. And it's not gonna get any better with XL shifting useless dev time on their new AA Mobile game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yed View Post
    Advertising ArcheAge is like advertising Anthrax. By now, most know it's a bad substance that will kill you and no matter how much advertising you do people are not gonna buy into it. ArcheAge is the same, has a bad reputation stemming from behaviour that has never changed in years. I stopped recommending my friends this game about two years ago. Blogs have written ♥♥♥♥ty things about AA, websites like mmorpg.com and massivelyop have bashed AA again and again, people with an interest read those things, ask/look around and only hear bad things. The only advertising going around is bad and rightly so too because nobody can honestly say that in 3 years of AA, things got better.

As a beta player who still plays, I would never ever drag someone else in the hellhole that is the management of this game, both dev and publisher side.

Unless big changes happen to management, this game will always hold its reputation true and nobody is interested in that. And it's not gonna get any better with XL shifting useless dev time on their new AA Mobile game.
    You can say the same about most major MMO titles in the last decade, every game regardless of publisher seems to suffer with bugs that are there since launch, combat balance etc. and everyone complains about the respective companies while they play that game.

And here we are still playing ArcheAge because we all know there is currently no better game out there which offers what AA offers.
    <Tempest> Tempest EU

Quote Originally Posted by Yed View Post

In the three years ArcheAge has been online, things have gotten better.

Mind you there's still issues and such, but it has improved over what it originally was since launch.

As far as advertising the game goes, I personally think it's better to wait until our region gets the update currently being talked about in KR. The main reason for this is because that update continues making changes to some systems such as the phasing out of warrior medals & merit badges, moving obsidian crafting to the cloaked system used in illustrious-erenor tier items, and the success chance change to warrior necklaces. It wouldn't make sense, imo, to advertise the game and subject those brought in to the rather wide-reaching changes of that update.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    In the three years ArcheAge has been online, things have gotten better.

Mind you there's still issues and such, but it has improved over what it originally was since launch.

As far as advertising the game goes, I personally think it's better to wait until our region gets the update currently being talked about in KR. The main reason for this is because that update continues making changes to some systems such as the phasing out of warrior medals & merit badges, moving obsidian crafting to the cloaked system used in illustrious-erenor tier items, and the success chance change to warrior necklaces. It wouldn't make sense, imo, to advertise the game and subject those brought in to the rather wide-reaching changes of that update.
    They talked about possibly doing another fresh start still this year, which wouldn't make sense to make a new fresh start on 3.7 release, that makes me think 3.7 and 4.0 will be implemented together by the end of the year if they are planning on doing a fresh start still this year, with that we probably will get evolutions going too, the thing is is *Fresh start* shouldn't be the main method to bring new or bring players back, I'm not sure how archeage is being advertised right now but I barely see it, I quit my old game which I played for 8 years simply because of one advertise of AA and I started playing it when I had no pvp on my old game ( Which was a ghost town, very very low populated and pvp) and I got amazed by ArcheAge and the amount of players, the pvp and everything it has to offer, seeing other games advertising their games, like black desert giving a 7 day trial right now when their population is huge compared to AA makes me wonder is Trion attempting the same thing to bring new or old players to the game? if yes how are they doing it? if no do they plan on doing it or how should that be done in order to have the maximum success and not just lose the players after a couple days?

Thinking about it when players are unhappy or bored with the current game, they try something new because they got the chance to do it for free or with some kind of promotion, they enjoy whatever they tried and wish that their main game was more populated or had X amount of different things applied by the publisher, it's just disappointing

Tho I agree with you that whatever they do after the big next patch, which should be 4.0 because 3.7 doesn't add new content other than some gemming changes, it's very good but not enough to bring a FS out of it, if they bring another FS they should be very careful and advertise the hell of this game, do events to help people catch up in order to keep them interested to the game and bring new players daily too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast