+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Unimpressed with Quake Antihesis

Unimpressed with Quake Antihesis

Even in GR stack it seems to have trouble healing multiple people. Have been using it a couple days now and have only seen it heal more then 1 person on only one occasion. Players just don't position themselves to take advantage.
    It should be a super efficient heal, if it hits 2 people you heal for more for the single cast. Yet due to the 'cat herding' nature of AA.. it ends up being a worse heal.
    I've been finding more use for the single target 30 meter heal for people who overextend (still don't understand why people run away from healers and make us chase them down - duh)
    Dunno, maybe quake antithesis needs slightly larger radius or something. I'd be ok with a 20 range limitation if we could get like 10 meter radius. Or stick with 25 range for 8 meter. 6 seems not to be enough. Even in GR stack today, damaged people right next to me, it wouldn't hit them with a heal.

its porably was more so intended for front line engaging multiple mobs to get some heal with some aoe damage. i normally use quake for the ability to heal and damage multiple individuals if they are cluster.

Quote Originally Posted by TrumpsToupee View Post
    Even in GR stack it seems to have trouble healing multiple people. Have been using it a couple days now and have only seen it heal more then 1 person on only one occasion. Players just don't position themselves to take advantage.
    It should be a super efficient heal, if it hits 2 people you heal for more for the single cast. Yet due to the 'cat herding' nature of AA.. it ends up being a worse heal.
    I've been finding more use for the single target 30 meter heal for people who overextend (still don't understand why people run away from healers and make us chase them down - duh)
    Dunno, maybe quake antithesis needs slightly larger radius or something. I'd be ok with a 20 range limitation if we could get like 10 meter radius. Or stick with 25 range for 8 meter. 6 seems not to be enough. Even in GR stack today, damaged people right next to me, it wouldn't hit them with a heal.
    I'm not quite sure what's going on with your Anti-thesis, but mine is one of the best abilities on my bar.

The fact that I can AOE heal my allies and AOE damage my enemies with one ability is perfect.

For PVE content, there is no reason people aren't stacking tight on GR and CR. That requires a change in the players not a change in this ability.

For PVP content, people who overextend may need some healing, but do you really want to give up a AOE heal to heal one person with 1 ability that is going to force you into moving out of position becaue as a healer you will probably feel compelled to try to save them?
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

It's quite strong. Especially strong on ships or mageball areas of effect.

mmo healers arent anime healers where they save everyone, mmo healer main healing decision is healing the bulk of the raid not the individuals whose want to make everyone jobs difficult. so prioritize heals to useful raid member is more important than wasting heals cd on someone who only going to waste it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverliew View Post
    mmo healers arent anime healers where they save everyone, mmo healer main healing decision is healing the bulk of the raid not the individuals whose want to make everyone jobs difficult. so prioritize heals to useful raid member is more important than wasting heals cd on someone who only going to waste it.
    Hey my 1500 Healing Power says I do save everyone
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Well with 1500 you can save everyone. Everyone else that isn't godly in healing ability has to make the tough choices. Afterall there can only be so many Jesus in a raid/server

The true trick to healing as many people as possible in CR/GR or mass Zerg clumps, is instead of trying to find a person to use this on who will be able to hit the most people, move yourself to the people and use it on yourself.

Respec into the healing version of Skewer for an additional AOE.
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Really? I love it. It's been working great for me. And I haven't had issues with clustering from Abyssal to CR, people have been standing together enough for it to be well worth it each cast.

I myself prefere the 30m antithesis, the aoe one is great for PvE, like mentioned above.
    I don't have super great healing power, but as silverliew said, being capable or knowing who to heal, is key to being a good healer, even if your numbers are lower than 500 healing power. (but if you have over 1000 healing... can i call you senpai?)
    Termocaos | Founder since 2014
    <Baby Don't Hurt Me>
    <Pacifist> ! <Proud Healer>
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Janudar > Leviathan > Retribution (?)
    Abyssal Skill Level 55 Counter: 8/10
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Omg, bdhm worst guild ever :<" - Someone Salty 2016
    "I hate healer 1v1s, it's like slapping eachother with a band aid" - Termocaos 2017

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast