+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Do focus really matter to archers?

Quote Originally Posted by IDrakath View Post
    No focus dont matter for archers ppl who gem focus on their weapons just want gs or cant afford the crit gems , crit archer kils ppl .. focus archer dont do dmaage ( focus only works on melee weapons not on your bow )
    This is not accurate. You need some focus, but you dont have to give up crit gems for it if your goal is around the 2500 range.

Quote Originally Posted by IDrakath View Post
    No focus dont matter for archers ppl who gem focus on their weapons just want gs or cant afford the crit gems , crit archer kils ppl .. focus archer dont do dmaage ( focus only works on melee weapons not on your bow )
    As Edwardo already said, Focus is a major factor for increasing your DPS and is definitely relevant. Overstacking focus can be ineffective against 2h users and healers, which is why you can get crit damage gems when you have 2000-3000 focus already.

Running less than 2000 focus is definitely not recommended and leads to lower damage output... so choose wisely.
    Member of New Horizon
    & Founder/Leader of <Aurum>/<Vortex>

Kyprosa Server
    Discord Contact: Cohiba#1706

So, from what I am reading, an "ideal" focus is somewhere between 2000 and 3000.
    After that what about defpen/crit rate/attack speed?
    I currently have about 2200 focus and have about 4 or 5 slots open on weapons.
    Should I cram 2 more focus gems on and get closer to 3k, or start worrying about more of one of the other options?
    Currently My bow is a nice even mix of defpen and attack speed and I shred mobs, but getting to the point where the PVP damage is going to focused on more.
    Any input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Hammer View Post
    So, from what I am reading, an "ideal" focus is somewhere between 2000 and 3000.
    After that what about defpen/crit rate/attack speed?
    I currently have about 2200 focus and have about 4 or 5 slots open on weapons.
    Should I cram 2 more focus gems on and get closer to 3k, or start worrying about more of one of the other options?
    Currently My bow is a nice even mix of defpen and attack speed and I shred mobs, but getting to the point where the PVP damage is going to focused on more.
    Any input is appreciated.
    Your attack speed as an archer is based so much more on ping than the attack speed stat. You are better off with flat damage in your bow until crit gems come out for it. Honestly worrying hugely about your gems right now isn't the best idea since they can be a massive resource sink, and with the gem change patch they always go in. Just save your money/resources for that time and do some digging to get materials ready for then. Raid focused archers will most likely go crit heavy, while 1v1 heroes will go more focus heavy like it is now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2