+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Your hatred towards new players.

Your hatred towards new players.

I and 5 others came to this game almost 6 months ago, 2 have left, 1 before the release of 3.5, the second not long after the release. The first told us that the new update would make it close to impossible to compete, or at least advance to a point where we could compete with the older players.

I know this is going to get me flamed but I don't care. PvP in this game is mostly gear score, the skill of the player would count if in a 1v1 with both having a equal GS, but other then that it all about your gear. I have been trying my heart out to increase my gear with a constant failure rate of 95%. Even during your great regrade events I fail almost every time. I understand its all about luck of the roll of dice and I don't have any. Even the process of trying to put lunagems in one's gear is impossible for me. Safed and bought 15 lunagems of defense the other day, and when all was said and done, I had 2 in the item, all else failed each and ever time when trying to put the Second one in.

Also the increase in cost in Gold to attempt to regrade is a slap in the face of younger characters due to the fact we don't make money as easy as those that have been here for ever. We also lose more trying to increase our income by going to more dangerous places to sell. Getting jumped by someone with a GS of 7K kills me in a second or two, losing what I had to sell.

Some one told me once, when I was complaining about the Gankers that jump you with their high Gear, that It is a game and just enjoy it. I told him I did enjoy it the first 15 to 20 deaths, but it gets old when you can't even get a hit in on them before dying. And when you do, you can't even see their health bar move.

The last regrade event and the one that just started, I bought 5 charms attempting to regrade my Celestial Obsidian Staff. Lucky Sunpoint gems with loyalty tokens and regrade gems with credits. All 5 attempts resulted in a failure back to Arcane. Today I had worked my coin up to 3873 gold, after trying once more for a bit of luck I am out 1000 credits and down to 2418 gold and my staff just where it was when I started.

If you really think the way to keep new people in your game is to steal their money and give nothing in return, I'm afraid you are mistaken. My wife's and my two accounts are paid up for another month and a half and doubt that you will see another dime of my money. The 5 guy that come over with us paid for a full year right after joining, but says he will not continue after that as well. Perhaps you know the game is going down hill or something and are trying to grab as much case as possible, but if not, I would suggest you open your eyes and make some changes.

Thanks for letting me rant.
    And all you high Gear Score that think you're the greatest pvpers that were ever born can go ahead and flame me now.
    Cya in what ever new game comes out, cause I'm sure most of you will be gone as well soon after there are no more Low gear scores for you to gank.

According to your first post you left after regrade event...

1. Anyway, which server you was playing on?
    2. What trade runs you have you been doing?
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Yes, I was leaving after the last regrade event, but my wife talked me into staying, not again. I'm on Salphire, which is going to merge, meaning even more ppl trying to kill me for my packs. And I have been running Spiced meat, and mushroom pies out of Hellswamp. Bought a B200 hoping to get past the gankers fast enough to get to market, but it just cost me close to 100 gold more to get it fixed every time one of them headed the other way is able to get off a spell that knocks me out of my seat???

What they sell for real money that gives you nothing in return should be sold for in gold on the general merchant. Selling these gems and such saying it gives you a better chance at regrade and doesn't is theft.

When you look at maps in game you will notice tha certain spots are perfect for an ambush. The one you mentioned is the most frequent one.

For starting players there are perfeclty safe trade routes. Of course those give less gold, but also are not subject of PVP.

Regrading is a lottery of sorts, i agree with that. In most MMORPGs you can lost your complete progress upon death (or at least items you carried). PVP over packs + RNG when crafting and regrading are inverted versions of this. Up to some point there is low risk, but it gets higher and higher and at some point risk is unavoidable.

The regrade stones works, but % chance you have is still subjected to random number generator.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkinon View Post
    Yes, I was leaving after the last regrade event, but my wife talked me into staying, not again. I'm on Salphire, which is going to merge, meaning even more ppl trying to kill me for my packs. And I have been running Spiced meat, and mushroom pies out of Hellswamp. Bought a B200 hoping to get past the gankers fast enough to get to market, but it just cost me close to 100 gold more to get it fixed every time one of them headed the other way is able to get off a spell that knocks me out of my seat???

What they sell for real money that gives you nothing in return should be sold for in gold on the general merchant. Selling these gems and such saying it gives you a better chance at regrade and doesn't is theft.
    The other problem is that celestial regrade rates were not changed during this event only break chance was removed so you have 81.5% chance to downgrade and 19.5% to go divine+ with no charm, so you doing the regrading now vs whenever really isnt that different except your staff couldnt break and was easier to get back up to celest
    <Mythic>
    <Fatality>

New players get brutalized in this game. I would recommend this game to people looking to do PvE farming and pack runs in safezones that's about it. If a new player is looking for PvP I point them anywhere but AA! Well I suppose I could recommend AA to people who were willing to spend over $1,000 on a video game but I don't know anyone like that heh. Even with $1,000 spent that would only put a player at entry level gearscore of about 5.5k. Hell I remember back in 1999 when people thought I was stupid to pay $10 per month to play EverQuest! Now there are so many games out there that bleed people of tons of cash while they originally thought they'd be playing for free.

As new player with GS lower than 5k avoid pvp, go for safe trades. Work up antill you get decent GS, than go arenas to get some skill even thats frustrating but at least you learn. Buy buffs, as much as possible buff up for PVP, use healing pots, mana pots, around 5,5+ gs you can try nonsafe trade runs, but remember you are still squishy. After you have GS 6,5+ you can now compete. Also go dungeons, mistsong weapons are not bad, easy to regrade and have some nice abilities on them.
    Name: Riiu
    Guild: <Bratrstvo>
    Fraction: Haranya
    Server: Retribution

I am potato, and I am proud of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegfried View Post
    New players get brutalized in this game. I would recommend this game to people looking to do PvE farming and pack runs in safezones that's about it. If a new player is looking for PvP I point them anywhere but AA! Well I suppose I could recommend AA to people who were willing to spend over $1,000 on a video game but I don't know anyone like that heh. Even with $1,000 spent that would only put a player at entry level gearscore of about 5.5k. Hell I remember back in 1999 when people thought I was stupid to pay $10 per month to play EverQuest! Now there are so many games out there that bleed people of tons of cash while they originally thought they'd be playing for free.
    What a load of BS

$1000 would get you 100 Apex = 85 000g - that would not be entry level gear. And that's if you buy apex, if it was credits it would be even more. You don't seem to understand that gems play a much bigger role in pvp and gs than grade of gear.

Anyway, op went backwards. Divine's were so cheap during that event, he should of sold the credits and car and stuff to buy the gear, I mean just the cost of the B200 was enough to almost get full obs divine armor.

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    What a load of BS

$1000 would get you 100 Apex = 85 000g - that would not be entry level gear. And that's if you buy apex, if it was credits it would be even more. You don't seem to understand that gems play a much bigger role in pvp and gs than grade of gear.

Anyway, op went backwards. Divine's were so cheap during that event, he should of sold the credits and car and stuff to buy the gear, I mean just the cost of the B200 was enough to almost get full obs divine armor.
    That's right, 85,000 gold give or take. That's how much you need if you want to be able to contest anything on a legacy server. Doesn't matter how you get it, you can grind it for 6 months to a year or you can just pay outright. Part of the deal is buying gear that is already FULLY GEMMED. Now don't get me wrong you can actually damage people at about $100 worth of investment since that gives you around 8,000 gold which can buy you a divine weapon gemmed up. But you gotta play a Darkrunner and you will get vaporized if someone even looks at ya! You can always save money on the weapon by getting a mistsong 2H to start with if you are going the DR route. But 8,000 gold doesn't go very far for armor...

How much is each piece of divine delphinad these days? Last I checked if you want to buy a full set that is fully gemmed it is going to be around 60,000 gold. Each piece is going to be around 6-8k gold. And you are going to want an epic weapon fully gemmed if possible as well. The average gearscore on most legacy servers is 5.5-6k so yes you are looking at full divine buff players using epic weapons and yes they are usually close to fully gemmed. Now I fully admit I haven't played legacy for a full year I have been on fresh start...maybe prices have dropped! So I am curious how much gold you think is needed to be entry level pvp on legacy?

I fully understand how important gems are in pvp. But I also know how important it is to get a divine/epic buff. The really funny part is I didn't even mention the ring quest yet! And that is something you can't simply buy.

+ Reply to Thread