+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Server Evolution Official Discussion Thread + Q&A [Updated August 2, 2017]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar

Server Evolution Official Discussion Thread + Q&A [Updated August 2, 2017]

Hello Adventurers!

For those of you who have questions regarding the upcoming Server Evolutions, please post them here. We'll get them answered to the best of our ability, and we'll also get the crucial questions copied up here in the first post so you don't have to go hunting through the thread for them.

Q&A In The Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NOVA View Post
    What will happen to guild prestige?
    Prestige will be preserved in the evolution -- you'll get a set of items afterwards that you can use to restore your personal prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Airikah View Post
    What will happen to a nation during evolutions? (player nation)
    • All citizens will be removed during the evolution. The Sovereign will keep the Nation.
    • After the evolution, the Sovereign will have to re-invite citizens. Citizens must be above level 50 to be invited.
    • If the nation cannot reclaim a castle, it will enter decline and then collapse, as normal.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsSaukko View Post
    What will happen to the items in storage chests/other world chests?
    I have way too many bound items that i cant lose + unbound items i dont want to sell.

When the merge happens and players login. Do they login to the same spot as they were when logged out or to begining point of their race?
    You'll get those items back in the mail after the evolution -- standard house demolition procedure. You can keep all of your things.

When players first log into new evolution servers, they will start back at their race's home point.

Quote Originally Posted by Markupatam View Post
    Will you be removing the Fresh Start status from the current FS servers, and allowing players to transfer from there to other servers?
    We looked at that, and the answer is not at this time. The economies aren't quite close enough together for us to feel comfortable integrating them into Legacy. But, we believe that time is coming soon -- perhaps later this year. But that all depends on economic data.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovorack View Post
    Two questions here:

1. How final is the list of merged servers. Last merge had Naima as a safe server first, but was then suddenly considered a low population server evolved into Kraken. Now Kraken is considered safe... how final is that?

2. Are servers that are not affected by the evolution available during September 7-9th period?

Nice job on answering all these question BTW ;-)
    1. The list is totally final. No more of what happened last time.

2. No, unfortunately. The Evolution work requires both regions to be fully offline, as there are pieces of the game that all servers share that need to be worked on. So even during the 7-9 maintenance work, non-evolution worlds will be offline.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
    Hey Celestrata, will the free transfer be affected by the Cooldown of transfer? If I transfer now somewhere will people be able to transfer again on 16th for example?
    Transfers are affected by the normal cooldowns.

Quote Originally Posted by yawn View Post
    Celestrata, thank's for all your time first of all. I have a question since I was involved in a merge with Naima/Kraken

Last Evolution, there was severe difficulties with server stability which resulted in only I think you said ~10% logging in and claiming land and the rest stuck at authentication which resulted in a roll back. Later, the new launch day was changed to the next day.

What are Trion's backup plans incase on the 9th servers are under too much stress, disconnects, etc... will there be rollbacks? Can you maybe walk us through some precautionary measures Trion has planned?
    This is a very good question. Let's talk about this.

In the first Evolution, there was extra stress being placed on the Glyph login system that caused issues.
    In Update 3.0: Revelation, there was too much stress being placed on the game's authentication service, which caused server crashes and login issues. There were also many, many more people returning to the game that caused extra load on the game.

For the Glyph login, there have been changes to Glyph over time to avoid running into that issue again. There were also some other circumstances that were causing load on Glyph that day, and our current plan makes sure that those other circumstances can't happen again.

For the authentication service, we are planning a simulated load test on our servers over August in order to shake more of these bugs out. In addition, there won't be as many players logging in simultaneously as there were in Update 3.0, so there will be load reduced there.

Furthermore, during the launch, servers will open one at a time. If you remember during the original Evolution, we opened all servers in a region simultaneously -- we've learned not to do that ever again. While some people aren't fans of the servers opening one at a time, it's a must in order to throttle load on the service.

Now, if, for some reason all of the above failsafes continue to have issues, yes, we'd explore the possibility of a server rollback. But that is an extreme last resort, and would only occur if there was a major, major problem in one of the services.

Quote Originally Posted by gratok View Post
    Hello,

can this "housekits" be traded or they bound?
    They will be bound.

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    One of the challenges I found during Evolution 1 was picking out my housing kits from among the flood of mails I received on that day.

Will you highlight or flag any message containing a full kill so it stands out and can be easily located?
    Unfortunately no, as mails can't be flagged like that in the current system.

Quote Originally Posted by Naea View Post
    But since i am leader of a guild will it effect the guild ribbon when i pass lead before i leave? Or will it stay with me, so i can take back the lead after and do my dailies and such still? Or do i have to build it again?
    Whoever is guild leader before the evolution will be the one who gets the guild ribbons and guild contribution items to re-level the guild. So if you want to pass leadership to someone else before that, they can rebuild the guild while you're out.

- Guild Leaders will receive unique ribbons to push their guild to the next level.

- These "Oath Ribbons" can only be used for a specific level -- I.E. a Level 3 Oath Ribbon can only be used on a guild at level 2.

- Guild Leaders will be compensated with Oath Ribbons for all of the levels that they had, +1 extra to make up for any EXP you may have had in your leveling state.

Example: My guild, "Fool Arcana," is level 3. After the Evolution, the Guild Leader will keep the name and it will be a level 1 guild. The Guild Leader will also receive 3 Oath Ribbons -- One level 2 ribbon to take the guild up to level 2, One level 3 to take the guild up to level 3, and one level 4 to take the guild up to level 4 to make up for lost exp.

Using an appropriate level Oath Ribbon will immediately make the guild 1 level higher.

Oath Ribbons are bound to the character that receives them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gentatsu View Post
    as a reminder for those not on effected servers to make sure you're property taxes are paid before the bring down ALL the servers for 2 days.. This way you wont risk logging in and finding 1 of your builldings poofed due to 2 days downtime.

Also, last evolution their was a minor email glitch. So make sure everyone empties their emails before the evolution as well. Like any auction sales. last evolution i loaded everything i could into my inventories, bought inventory expansion scrolls for more storage and bought a few charecter slot scrolls so i could have more storage to try to save more items. I still was not able to save it all but over all it did reduce my losses vs what i spent on the expansion and charecter slot scrolls.

Also, if possible try to leave at least 5 to 10 inventory slots open. that way when the servers come back up you have space to start collecting items from the mail. Remember you also do NOT have to click the auto collect buttons at the bottom of the mail. You can open each mail seperatly and right click on the specific items you want to remove first. Like Houses and gazebos, then chests. This will allow you to have more control over what you remove from the email system and not get a full inventory with no space to get the chests or house kits because the automated Collect it all button put silly items in yer inventory first. Remember to also keep space for those tax certs. Even tho you get full kits, you will still need taxes in yer inventory to pay the deposits.

Hope these suggestions help.
    Quoting Gen here as these are great reminders.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMorrigan View Post
    THANK YOU!! Finally more players. My only question is will their be faction balancing to the transfers? Also, on another subject is there any news on the snow in Aegis? I am totally stuck on my cloak.
    Yes, there will be faction balancing in place with the transfers.

There's a toggle that will allow players to turn off weather effects/snow coming in the September Update.

Quote Originally Posted by Linori View Post
    Will you be able to transfer between 2 servers that are getting merged into different clusters? IE Ollo>Nazar during the 1 credit transfer? And can you transfer from a non merge server to a merge server for 1 credit? IE Kraken>Salphira?
    Good question, but no, transfers into any evolution server will be turned off. You'll only be able to leave evolution servers for non-evolution servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenu View Post
    Will auction house clusters change, and how?
    The auction house clusters will not change, as legacy servers on NA and EU both use one Auction House now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietro View Post
    So this evolution pack...Will it be Pay to Get?
    The evolution pack is a free gift to those who stay on their servers during the evolution process and do not transfer off of their server.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGoChamp View Post
    What will happen to unfinished quest lines?
    Dream Ring quest for example?

@Celestrata Bloodsong
    You keep your progress on all of your quests and achievements. No change.

Quote Originally Posted by Koert View Post
    @Celestrata Bloodsong
    After merge/evolution is it possible to transfer in any server?
    After the evolution we're going to keep the evolution servers locked for a period of time in order to let folks settle down. We'll let everyone know when we prepare to re-open transfers to and from evolution servers.

Quote Originally Posted by sirpeter1946 View Post
    @Celestra
    please answer,i am not the only guildleader with this problem?
    can we get control of the guild after founder left for more then 6 months?
    Yes, absolutely. Contact customer service at http://support.trionworlds.com and click "submit a ticket." They have a process for assisting with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitursa View Post
    Question: Community contributions

I too am wondering about diligently contributing residency tokens to a zone...
    What happens about compensation for that?

I skimmed through pages and pages to see if the question was asked and it was - still no reply on this issue tho.
    I've seen everything else mentioned ; guilds, families etc
    Quote Originally Posted by exactly View Post
    If this has been answered already point me to it,

I have done the residency contribution quests every day and we are close to rank 3. I am not sure if we will be rank 3 15 days before merge(you get payout 15 days after rank 3). I have a lot of contribution points I was looking forward to getting that payout for being a resident, it should be a decent amount of gold. If we get it to rank 3 but the 15 day period ends after evolution starts are we totally screwed out of this payment? This is very little warning for such a big project.
    On the day of the Evolutions, at the very start after we close the servers, our GMs will be running a special command that will issue community center payouts, as if it were payout day. When you come back after the evolution, your payout will be waiting for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyranight View Post
    Will our options transfer over to the new server during evolution such as the "Disable Travel Through Other Players Portals" to be specific?
    Yep. You can set that all up now and it won't be reset.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeric Silverleaf View Post
    If I have trade packs on my land, what happens to them?
    if i have trade packs stored in my silo, what happens to them?
    You need to take care of those -- they won't be picked up for you during the evolution, so you'll need to either get them to a merchant or just let them expire.

-----------------------------

Unrelated to the questions here, I have some additional information to provide from XL:
    • Post-evolutions, Nation Sovereigns will start in Diamond Shores, NOT at their racial starting zones. This is to ensure that they don't get killed by NPCs or other players, as they will be a hostile opposing nation.
    • Post-evolution nations, despite not owning a castle or being close to pending collapse, will have their nation cap set to 100.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

will there be a new fs server? and if there is when?

3.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by piratescum View Post
    will there be a new fs server? and if there is when?
    We don't currently have an estimated time for when we'd release a new fresh start server.

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news

Do you have a list of the servers on the block and if so when do you plan to post said list?
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

5.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Focslain View Post
    Do you have a list of the servers on the block and if so when do you plan to post said list?
    Please read the announcement, it details all of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Please read the announcement, it details all of that.
    Just found it. Welp this will be interesting...
    *dust off plan from last year* Let's see if I can do this.
    Server: Conviction
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Whelp...

This will be...intersting i guess...

It's happening ;o

What will happen to guild prestige?

What will happen to a nation during evolutions? (player nation)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 96 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast