+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Server Evolution Official Discussion Thread + Q&A [Updated August 2, 2017]

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #21
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbb138 View Post
    How did you decide which servers not to merge?

Looking at EU:
    Kyprosa is clearly more populated than Eanna.

Remember if you're looking at total player activity/count then you have to consider that some servers are more pvp-orientated (as players with that mindset have transferred there) and others are pve/vocation orientated meaning there are much more alts per player online. Did you look maybe at unique IPs?
    We look at unique users on a server, and population in comparison to our other servers. When the servers chosen are combined, their population will roughly equal a high population server on the same region.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Future Nui Character

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

2.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Expendable View Post
    I feel like Salphira is a poor match for Tahyang. Could we swap for one of the other servers?
    No -- The listings were put together to create two high-population servers that are roughly equal in size, and that will help the server health in the long term. To flip them would be to unbalance that intention, creating one server larger than the other. That could affect server health long-term negatively.

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news

"The servers will open today at 4pm PST!" 5 days later...

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    We look at unique users on a server, and population in comparison to our other servers. When the servers chosen are combined, their population will roughly equal a high population server on the same region.
    Thanks for the reply.

Unique by hwid or unique by IP? Remember a lot of people run alts in VMware to manage PC resources - which have different hwids

5.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratejack View Post
    Do player nations get all of their mats back?
    They will be preserved in the evolution, so they will not require their mats back.

I've playing the game for 3 years now - been in 2 merges both in EU which is my main and NA - why are the same servers that you merged last time again involved?
    Seriously, I'm through with moving, throwing stuff away, land rush. I only ask you to place yourselves on our position -merge second time? As if you are forcing us to quit the game. Hope you reconsider...

What will happen to the items in storage chests/other world chests?
    I have way too many bound items that i cant lose + unbound items i dont want to sell.

When the merge happens and players login. Do they login to the same spot as they were when logged out or to begining point of their race?
    IGN: Mynameissaukko
    Server: Next one

Now my only issue with this is the fact that I will be out of town during the merge and on a potato of a computer.

So this will be a new experience and (dare I say it) test of my conviction, to stick with this game.
    Server: Kadum
    Faction: East/West

Experience colours perception.

Closing Transfers

Have you closed transfers to the doomed servers so that the big guilds can't send alts to those servers with the expressed intent of grabbing the land to sell to those unfortunates without monster rigs like last time?

10.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by rbb138 View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

Unique by hwid or unique by IP? Remember a lot of people run alts in VMware to manage PC resources - which have different hwids
    That's getting a little too in-depth with our systems, but I can assure you we take into account how people run alt accounts. We definitely factored that in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast