+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Me And My Family

Me And My Family

Hello Everyone. Some of you may know me and some of you may not. I'm Valtrino and I've been playing Archeage as my Career MMO since January 2015. In that time I'd like to think I did pretty well for myself. I started the game with 3 friends, by the end of the first week I was down to 2. By the end of our first month I was fortunate enough to get my first house and the neighboring property for my friends
    https://gyazo.com/6c68a830be315ac5ad5c1cedc68ddee0

Later that day a member from Unforgiven Nammed PopeUrban Gifted me a Piglet as a house warming gift. (he was the guild leatherworker) I placed the pig right on my thatch and nammed him Hamlet.
    He started off as Just the cleanest pig in the server, i took 5 buckets of water everyday from the thatch and splashed it on each side of him, his butt twice...obviously.

By the end of the second month I lost another friend, And soon after the last left the game. All that remained was Hamlet.

I had left unforgiven and began playing solo, this continued for more than a year. Everyday the same thing. 5 buckets of water, and every two days or so a feeding. Surprisingly for a pig he doesn't eat very much.

Through the years I continued this. And after long days of PvP with friend or foe I'd always return to my very first thatch with my best friend. Ive had many people stop by and talk with me whilst sitting with Hamlet. (again both red and green) Many different people on many different sides, through many different eras have sat with me and Hamlet, Talking about our days, the state of the server, or maybe what we were working on next.

September 2015

Even though I knew that He didn't leave Thriving all too often, When the servers were down for almost a complete week i was immediately worried. I never knew i could Care for an in game pig so much. I was so scared of losing my Friend I made a post http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...t-s-are-Family! You could see here that not even a year with him and I cared for him dearly. I was ready to walk away even then if I lost him.

FORTUNATELY for us, He survived that week of downtime, and he has carried on living and bathing Every single day.

As of a few days ago, we're facing another worry. Evolution's for a second time. And don't get me wrong they are needed, but I don't know what I'm going to do without him. If i even want to do anything. Im a very successful person in this game I'd like to think. Nearly 40 Properties, Multiple full mythic ships, a 7.5k gs main and a 6k gs alt. All while playing solo along side of Hamlet. Any thatches I have, have been upgraded to better versions, but not Hamlet's. (for i would lose him if i did) It wasn't till recently that I joined a guild. And yet even with all that land and all this "success," I feel that it would be Empty without Hamlet. I'm not raging about my 40 properties. I'm not complaining about the entire islands I own, or the Ahnimar paradise ill be losing. But I AM worried about My Friend, My family, My pig.
    Don't Let your Dreams be dreams
    Just Do it.
    A New Breed

Hamlet is one of my best friends. He's such a great listener when you just need to get away from everything in game.

I don't know Hamlet, but I know Valtrino. I have been Anari since the game went live. I always stayed on Tahyang thru the hard times and the worst days. I had days where I wanted to quit the game. I had days where I played but I never did anything..

When I found about Hamlet, I knew I had to do something. I just wanted too. I wasn't asked. I did it because I heard about Hamlet's story and I knew Valtrino since forever.

So I took the lead and made a picture for everyone on Tahyang to spread the love for a piggy for Hamlet. I gave out quite a few to those who were for saving the piggy. Then we got a few people saying "Kill the pig" "Time for a barbecue" etc. Honestly I find it amazing so many people are wearing or showing the silly little art I did. I went around taking pictures and told everyone to share the love for a pig. I am here to stand up for Valtrino and stand up for his piggy Hamlet.

Here are some pictures I took since we found out that he was just going to be killed off and Celestria herself wanted us to kill the piggy. I don't have the heart to do that, I don't think anyone else does either. Hamlet is more then some pig. He is family now. Valtrino's family. #savehamlet #savethepiggy. 100% love <3

When you log out of the game at night all animals are slaughterd and replaced by the server when you log back it.

It was never the same pig.
    <DISASTER>
    Sauron

I can contest as a member of the opposite faction of Valtrino, that I had came across Hamlet before I even knew him. And thought he always looked like a happy pig.

I met Valtrino in game right before I became an East hero. And he shared his story of Hamlet with me. So when I did my 'photo shoot' after becoming hero, I knew Hamlet had to be a spot. I have since visited him ever month. He appears to think of no-one as an enemy.

I could always go for something new to bbq. Getting a little tired of having the same couple of things every week.

Savannalynn
    Conviction's #1 Cookie Dealer
    <SavageS>

"Sav got so many stalkers they build her houses just so they can stand outside." -Toast 2k16

Conviction's Tastiest Homes

Celestrata's response to this in the Evolution thread suggests a strong prejudice against pigs, a disturbing trait in a Community Manager.
    She visited Sheepie herself, posting screens here in the official forums, and she acted as his advocate throughout the long days and nights awaiting the final decision.
    But- WHERE IS THE HAMLET LOVE?!
    We demand a Community Manager without Barnyard Bias!

#savehamlet #pigsarefriendsnotfood

Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal View Post
    Celestrata's response to this in the Evolution thread suggests a strong prejudice against pigs, a disturbing trait in a Community Manager.
    She visited Sheepie herself, posting screens here in the official forums, and she acted as his advocate throughout the long days and nights awaiting the final decision.
    But- WHERE IS THE HAMLET LOVE?!
    We demand a Community Manager without Barnyard Bias!

#savehamlet #pigsarefriendsnotfood
    #Savethebacon!

#savehamlet

This sounds like the sheepy story with a pig. Maybe the CM will give you a unique title and a pig that no one else can have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast