+ Reply to Thread

Thread: good video about archeage

good video about archeage

Quote Originally Posted by adasfgsg View Post
    I saw it too.

No original content, only videos of other streamers, and things read from reddit.

Dotn forget to dislike.
    EU / Retribution / Haranya / <Bratrstvo> A hladame novych hracov...
    Austeran Judge / Member of the Crimson Watch / An ordinary cat / Curator of Museum
    As a species, we are capable of love, of wonder, of staggering feats of creativity and sensitivity. Yet at the highest, global level, these are not the sentiments which rule. Large scale human history can be seen, as much as anything else, as a series of titanic dramas with the single animating principle: we will ****ing kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Orio View Post
    I saw it too.

No original content, only videos of other streamers, and things read from reddit.

Dotn forget to dislike.
    I have to agree here. While the video certainly resonated with a lot of people, the analysis offered in this video was basically just a repeat of our loudest echo chambers. There is no deeper look into the context surrounding some of the decisions made, no real comparison to other games with similar monetization models that don't feel as P2W, no real digging into the Korean perspective (such as the speculation on internal company struggles), no examination of the different issues hardcore players had vs casuals, etc.

I applaud the fact that he put work looking into the game, but disappointed that he couldn't really offer anything new to the conversation because the research just covered a lot of heavily beaten ground.

+ Reply to Thread