+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quick question, im new

Quick question, im new

I want to start archeage, but which race should i pick, and is the server still full of players?

How about the APEX PAY TO WIN Situation?

I mainly talk german

Archeage is not p2w, it's multi-account to win.
    And u don't need to pay for that.

Race doesn't matter.
    For server you can go FS or wait for the merge of the legacy server.

Win?
    What do you mean?
    I think every player can answer differently.

If you think that "to win" mean to have the better stuff one day after spawn then: yes it's possible with your credit card. Like a lot of things in life.

I'm mainly talk french.

Archeage is not P2W.

I mainly talk bull ♥♥♥♥.

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    Archeage is not p2w, it's multi-account to win.
    And u don't need to pay for that.

Race doesn't matter.
    For server you can go FS or wait for the merge of the legacy server.
    P2w is p2w. The multiaccount strategy is the "cheap p2w".

OP:
    The FS now is old server too, but less old than others. It has single server AH yet (?). This is smaller offer in items and materials. It's a little bit better in production side maybe (your work is more valuable. Less clones and alts in the "competition"), but it has less upgrade materials and armors/weapons too in AH. You will have less disadvantages, but that is huge in this server too.

We will get new patch in this year and fresh start server too, but that is not 100% and no real informations in timings and in details yet. FS is better point to join to the game... if you like competitive game. If you like life skills and potato life you can chose any servers now or later.

If you don't buy your patron in RM you will "work" for other players and your work is extreme cheap in the begining. After 1st patron and after you build up your economy you can keep your patron without money easy. But the core of the System will be unchanged: you work for whales (you sell in game currency vs RM item) and you keep this p2w logiic alive. But customers of MMO games have demand to this "free" contents too. Someones are poor guys/grills with many free time to wasting/ invest.

Race doesn't matter because you will have near 0 chance to win vs old or RM players in longer term too.

But I am a little negative. I am sorry. The game is fun. just don't want to be on top! Just enjoy the game!

I am going to give you a general idea for your questions in all EU SERVER based; because prophecy will be open for server transfers at the end of 2017 or early 2018 already. I don't know which faction is a good start for prophecy so you need to ask someone else. Nui factions' races are much cooler and better than Haranya side; so you should play on Nui side always. Haranya side is good too but haranya is loser side at the end and always... So for future investment, go for Nui faction^^.

At every EU servers, nui faction is always the winning side with lot's of active players who participate AA daily public events regularly and you can find many active players at any event times too ( like Mistmerrow, Halcyona, Lusca, Abyssal, GR, CR, whalesong and aegis rifts etc. ) until pirates ( firstly pirates dominates at the end game then player nations as permanent domination for long terms ) or player nations start to dominate server. Even player factions dominates the whole server with a single guild, nui faction has the number, activity and good geared players and still have power to do most of things comparing to Haranya faction in all EU servers ( HARANYA is always losing side, the weakest side, where all farmers' gathering place that noone want to join or attend anything for even normal AA daily public raids, most of them lost their will of player or fight against other factions for the end game content etc. That's why, most of players go to player nations or pirate side or re-open characters at nuian side or transfer to other servers at the end ).

You cannot do anything about p2w and no life with mega multi account owners where their real life become AA that thy even make real money via Archeage itself... There is no way to catch or contest with these kind of players. Ready to be one-shot by these players because thy will have always better gears and higher gear scores than you... Just find an active guild that is doing dungeons, daily quests for honor, lord coin and prestige quest; and some daily activities ( farming library or anything, raiding against other factions, do fishing, join events together etc. ) and help you when you need like when you are in trouble in trade runs etc.

At every legacy server and prophecy server, there are lot's of german players that german players are in majority at this game already; so you can find a german guild in any server easily.

Note:

I will be happy if someone from prophecy server would answer my questions too here^^.

I don't play in prophecy anymore for a long time already ( played maximum one month at release only, always waiting in queue or lot's of lags, drama and chaos etc at the beginning and it was heavy p2w that most of players were +5k or some of them were +6k already; so I was left and start in the dead eu legacy servers but it was worse than prophecy, it is another story anyway^^ ). Thus, anyone would tell me the faction balance and how the factions ( nuian and haranya ) are doing these normal daily AA public activities like MM, Halcyona, Lusca, Abyssal, Aegis, Whalesong, Delphinad Ghost Ships, end game world bosses etc which faction has more active player amount, participants to do these activities and they are able to contest with other factions successfully in these activities ? Is there a player nation in prophecy already too ? thank you.

As usual, like before, once prophecy server is opened for server transfers. Some guilds with many high gear score players will come to prophecy to take down your dominant guild(s) to dominate the whole server for themself to make insane amount of free gold; because they failed to dominate other servers against other strong guilds. In the meantime, these guilds are bringing lot's of trolls, toxic players too that love to interrupt the peacefull life of others and do all kind of negative thing to ruin your fun or irritate you.

Apart from this, once the server transfer opens the AH(s) will join the main AH so the prices will be increased for you so much and most of players in prophecy will suffer or cannot afford so it will lead many players to leave the game again... Prophecy is not FS (fresh server) anymore and it will be really hard for you to catch them and you will be one shot in pvp too if you open a new character there.

Wait 4.0 patch for the fresh server that is coming at the end of December. Fresh servers are good for totally newbie players and newly returning players; otherwise playing on dead eu servers is much better really. Fresh servers are really fun for one or two months; but then, as I mentioned above too, the pay to win players or mega multi account players or no life AA players are getting geared so much in short time; so they use this advantage to ruin other players' lifes and ruin the server and balance between factions ( thy go to pirate side from haranya and nui to dominate the whole server to do end game content, once they do this, there is no way to catch or stop or contest against them; because ,as I said above too, you will make free insane amount of gold weekly and they gear up more and more that ruins the server ).

In addition, scam is legal at this game, and the scam is real too. There are lot's of way of scamming pure intention good will players. They deceive you with promising to do end game content and give you items and gold but they use so called DKP system and once the loots and golds are coming from end game content events, they don't share these with you instantly by saying this " people will get and leave so we don't give these items or gold instantly; so we keep them in the guild bank ". The guild bank is the guild leader. After some time, what happens next do you know ? The guild leader and guild management are gearing so fast with the hard work of other members in their dominating guilds without spending any real money or real effort by legal scam system called in AA is the DKP slavery system. After that thy leave the guild they made and join other strong ppl to make anothjer guild to get %100 loots and gold to themself only or transfer other servers. The players who want the server transfer, generally these people already in the fresh servers... Fresh Servers are the place of these kind of scammer, toxic players and guilds from other legacy servers. They play for a few months and deceive other players with their lies to see if they can dominate the server and scam others as much as thy can within the first three months. If they fail they leave the game and server again along with the good free gear they made and start waiting for server transfer. Once server transfer opens thy transfer and change their character name to join other dominating guilds where that kind of players gathered like them. These people with high gears never like to contest with others but so proud with their high gear score ( but of course, they didn't do it with their own effort anyway ) and talk trash with other people. This game is gear based game that if you have good gear then you don't need to be talented or good player to do pvp, you one shot everyone... Like Kooncoon ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9un8WVj2gVU ) or any p2w players with any dps class mainly archers and darkrunners ( mages are so good anymore comparing to other classes, anyway is it another topic^^ ) that are +7k gear score in the legacy servers.

I don't want to be negative but these are the common issues and problems when you play Archeage. Thus, just play your own game that makes you happy and find some good friends to play and you will be fine. Otherwise, you leave the game like majority with rage quit...
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

I'm a Prophecy player since 1 month now on Nuian Side (Dwarf pawa).

For me, as an old player who know how AA work; it's was fairly easy to rech full divine set in two week.
    And after that I learn about dungeon weapon and was a bit sad to have wast many gold for my obsidian weapon T5 xD

We'r not the dominant faction atm. I think it's Haranya for the moment.
    But I agree with you, on the two other server i've play, Haranya always end up to be a ded nation.

We've some pirate but nothing to worry about them, and one nation with some P2W player.
    I'm in a french guild with alot of casual and new player and we've fun doign all you can, even pvp against ppl way more gear than us.
    We even kill the 8k gear guy from Google it. We was in number of course with our 2-3k gear, but we kill him and have fun

I can't tell you about boss fight or sea pvp since we don't have a good ship and good gear for now, but we plan to do that, we've time, little by little we grow up ^^

I'm a bit afraid about futur AH merge because even if some lazy trade-pack runner complain about mat price (lel, always idiot with pack complain about AH when they produce nothing), our AH is very nice since you can gold with almost every job and it's gonna be even better in 4.0 where Mining, logging and some other will rise from ash
    So I still hope they'r not going do that. If they don't do that, P2W and multi-account who produce nothing are gonna leave, and that, it's a good thing for server economy.

For DKP system, we don't do that, but one of my old guild (Konvict Gaming) from my old server was doing this system and honestly, i've nothing to tell wrong about this. With this system I get good gear really fast and I wasn't a guild manager or so.
    So, maybe some scam ppl, I know about that too, so I know it's a reality but I think it can be a good system if your lead is not and selfish idiot.

Archeage ave some bad side but.. hey many other game have they'r bad side too !
    I love archeage, it's a great game imo. Ok some thing are very bad for the game like CS, multi-account and cross alt region.
    But don't forget all good thing this game can offer if you play them w/o be in these three option.
    He can keep you busy alot, can bring fun with mat with pvp/pve content.

Lot of game who have tried to "copy" AA have just fail (Hello BDO)
    And even if some idiot still spam "ded game" in faction, these same idiot are :
    1 - The one who do nothing for keep population of new
    2 - The one who always troll or PK the new low gear 1st
    3 - The same idiot who spam this thing since 3 years

So, don't worry about these one, they'r just idiot, so just ignore them

For 4.0, i'm really impatient and can't wait for the 4.5 too with class change even if archer gonna be OP, it's always have an OP class in AA so, it's "ok" I guess, nothing new, but new class can emerge with this patch, so I just want it fast and try new build for fun

So, in short, if you come here for fun and don't play like it's your life, you gonna have fun. Find some good friend / guild and you gonna love this game.
    Don't be afraid by all the thing to do at the start, just take your time for learn.
    But if you come here for be the "best & strongest guy" just pass your way.

Cya ~

(Yeah my english suk :>)

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    I'm a Prophecy player since 1 month now on Nuian Side (Dwarf pawa).

For me, as an old player who know how AA work; it's was fairly easy to rech full divine set in two week.
    And after that I learn about dungeon weapon and was a bit sad to have wast many gold for my obsidian weapon T5 xD

We'r not the dominant faction atm. I think it's Haranya for the moment.
    But I agree with you, on the two other server i've play, Haranya always end up to be a ded nation.

We've some pirate but nothing to worry about them, and one nation with some P2W player.
    I'm in a french guild with alot of casual and new player and we've fun doign all you can, even pvp against ppl way more gear than us.
    We even kill the 8k gear guy from Google it. We was in number of course with our 2-3k gear, but we kill him and have fun

I can't tell you about boss fight or sea pvp since we don't have a good ship and good gear for now, but we plan to do that, we've time, little by little we grow up ^^

I'm a bit afraid about futur AH merge because even if some lazy trade-pack runner complain about mat price (lel, always idiot with pack complain about AH when they produce nothing), our AH is very nice since you can gold with almost every job and it's gonna be even better in 4.0 where Mining, logging and some other will rise from ash
    So I still hope they'r not going do that. If they don't do that, P2W and multi-account who produce nothing are gonna leave, and that, it's a good thing for server economy.

For DKP system, we don't do that, but one of my old guild (Konvict Gaming) from my old server was doing this system and honestly, i've nothing to tell wrong about this. With this system I get good gear really fast and I wasn't a guild manager or so.
    So, maybe some scam ppl, I know about that too, so I know it's a reality but I think it can be a good system if your lead is not and selfish idiot.

Archeage ave some bad side but.. hey many other game have they'r bad side too !
    I love archeage, it's a great game imo. Ok some thing are very bad for the game like CS, multi-account and cross alt region.
    But don't forget all good thing this game can offer if you play them w/o be in these three option.
    He can keep you busy alot, can bring fun with mat with pvp/pve content.

Lot of game who have tried to "copy" AA have just fail (Hello BDO)
    And even if some idiot still spam "ded game" in faction, these same idiot are :
    1 - The one who do nothing for keep population of new
    2 - The one who always troll or PK the new low gear 1st
    3 - The same idiot who spam this thing since 3 years

So, don't worry about these one, they'r just idiot, so just ignore them

For 4.0, i'm really impatient and can't wait for the 4.5 too with class change even if archer gonna be OP, it's always have an OP class in AA so, it's "ok" I guess, nothing new, but new class can emerge with this patch, so I just want it fast and try new build for fun

So, in short, if you come here for fun and don't play like it's your life, you gonna have fun. Find some good friend / guild and you gonna love this game.
    Don't be afraid by all the thing to do at the start, just take your time for learn.
    But if you come here for be the "best & strongest guy" just pass your way.

Cya ~

(Yeah my english suk :>)
    If Trion doesn't merge fresh servers' AH and if Trion doesn't open server transfers to fresh servers at every 9-11 months later from its release, then fresh servers are best place to go honestly. However, unfortunately, once Trion does opens these two features, it becomes the dead sentence for the fresh servers. We saw it in other fresh servers.

1)
    AH merge makes the fresh server players' economic condition in a negative way; because everything prices are increasing so much and the rich p2w players or mega multi accounts owners can get the legendary weapons and other end game gear faster; so it makes a huge impact on normal or casual players or new players or newly returned players who started on fresh server after some time.

2)
    Server transfers will allow complained players or scammer to move aways or players who are not happy with the current state of the server. In addition, it will allow the other EU legacy servers' high end game geared players and guilds to come fresh servers and dominate everything. Sometimes, to one faction, more players are going too; so it affects the faction balance. At the end, the losing faction side's players are going to transfer to other servers...

What happened to guild names " WHAT, Overthrow, Pink, Brotherhood and so many other guild who hold castles the first 1-2 months or promising pvp guilds etc. " ? I was logged in after +8 months ,after a long time, and I cannot see any of these guilds or players I saw or played with anymore ( release guild list for prophecy at the beginning : http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...-EU-Guild-List ).
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

Nuians

Nuians have good architecture and it is very easy to level up. The quests are also better than the other races as you get better rewards.

+ Reply to Thread