+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 3.5 Archeage Class ratings [As non bias as possible] Refined and for merges.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    "GIT gud"
    ftfy
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenki View Post
    [RE:Impale] Maybe that's part of the reason it's not as high up there. I'm with you in that BD should (in best case) not be one of the first people to jump in. In the past, I thrived when there were people to 'swap' aggro with. I'm in a server with a pathetically low gear/pvp-presence for my faction now, so I do suffer from having to be the one to jump ahead and feel all the CC weakness.
    Similarly, I also built high agi (delph lightning set - slowly building towards ayanad typhoon), but that leaves me with ridiculously low HP to the point that I need to use Lightning jewelry. In a sense, that goes along with the whole don't-be-frontline deal, but it also pushes BD to be support DPS than a key role / higher tier like DR would be.
    That's a poor reason then. DR isn't a frontline class either and the conditions where DR vs BD work are nearly the same. Neither have fear break/immunity, both get destroyed by summon wraith which is going to be everywhere in the frontline/clumps in anything larger than ~20v20. A class with higher damage than DR is always going to have decent targets available. But melee never has a key role in organized raids above this size (on land). The land dynamic is always clump up and be immune vs all melee but nuked vs mages, or spread out and risk being picked off by melee.

Speaking from my own experience, where I found BD strongest was in a disorganized small-mid raid around the 20-30 scale where it can outperform DR on the DPS role while also having useful raid skills in between. 1v1 it's a little behind just because no leech. Unfortunately I never played this class with the Pantsu vs Disaster fights so can't speak on larger scales. I prefer smaller scale PvP anyway.

Low vit is pretty standard for melee DPS because unlike mages, low DPS (high Vit) melee has no value in a raid though it works on smaller scales. Managing with ~20K hp (unbuffed) is mostly a matter of situational awareness and knowing where you can or cannot be (as melee) and this is nearly the same with or without auramancy. Also notice all the other non-auramancy melee DPS put in T3 that don't even have a stun break. I just noticed inquisitor T3 in this list too lol... That's not even a good small scale class.

Anyway there are so many classes that look out of place relative to the others it's not worth arguing about one particularly. It just doesn't make sense putting a close cousin to DR with even higher damage on a trash raid tier. Damage is the entire purpose and only purpose of melee in raids and BD is the highest damage melee class for PvP. Only lorebreaker could potentially be higher in small scales with its ~75% crit rate and 250-300% crit damage, but in exchange it has no shadowplay skills and occult passives aren't reliable for melee in raid where outside the mageball, the point a melee starts taking damage, it has a high likelihood of being lethal damage.
    Zeferres | #1 and only Dawncaller/Lorebreaker/Dergeweaver, occasional Blade Dancer 7.9k GS
    Recent Challenges | Mistsong Hard Mode Duo: Taris, Dochul, Sojung, AriaMorpheus SoloEtc...

Don't want to flame or anything, but I read your definition of Tier 1 (awesome in every situation) and wanted to ask what makes Hex Warden not awesome, and in what situation. Don't know if you already explained that at some point (Yes, I'm too lazy to read through all of this right now :c ), so I wanted to ask, since I haven't really "felt" a situation where I had problems with my HW, neither on Land nor in Water.
    Looking forward to your answer =)
    "Great White" Grin
    Leader/Great Lord of <Mojo>

Yes, we are recruiting c:
    EU-Eanna
    Class: Hex Warden
    Pirate Faction - Mutiny
    Yes, I wear plate :v

Yes, in every single class
    Hobby-Theorycrafter
    RIP Kirelia 2k15 - June 2k16
    Yes, we made 2nd Place in MM with only 3 ppl against 3 factions at 4.4k GS AVG

Quote Originally Posted by MagicDito View Post
    Don't want to flame or anything, but I read your definition of Tier 1 (awesome in every situation) and wanted to ask what makes Hex Warden not awesome, and in what situation. Don't know if you already explained that at some point (Yes, I'm too lazy to read through all of this right now :c ), so I wanted to ask, since I haven't really "felt" a situation where I had problems with my HW, neither on Land nor in Water.
    Looking forward to your answer =)
    I have explained it earlier in the thread i'll give you the tl:dr, Hex tries to do two classes jobs at once and doesn't have strong enough arms to do it. Its a great class, but its not the best.

The two classes being darkrunner and nightcloak.

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir1 View Post
    I have explained it earlier in the thread i'll give you the tl:dr, Hex tries to do two classes jobs at once and doesn't have strong enough arms to do it. Its a great class, but its not the best.

The two classes being darkrunner and nightcloak.
    Thanks for explaining that =) And I'm really looking forward to your ratings once 4.0/4.5 hits us
    "Great White" Grin
    Leader/Great Lord of <Mojo>

Yes, we are recruiting c:
    EU-Eanna
    Class: Hex Warden
    Pirate Faction - Mutiny
    Yes, I wear plate :v

Yes, in every single class
    Hobby-Theorycrafter
    RIP Kirelia 2k15 - June 2k16
    Yes, we made 2nd Place in MM with only 3 ppl against 3 factions at 4.4k GS AVG

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5