+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lack of utility hurting the game

Lack of utility hurting the game

Hi All

I'm one of those types who stick with a character for a long time and I'm an average PvPer with bad ping so the only way I can be competitive is to understand my character intimately and have decent gear. That said once I decide to try something new or make a change I'm into it balls and all and one of my great frustrations with this game is the difficulty in switching between play styles.

I went with melee as the basic setup covers a wide range of character options, DR, Argent, Abolisher, Blighter, Paladin etc all of which can be played with fun and can perform some sort of useful role in most situations.
    You can also mange to be relatively competent in leather and even in plate if your gear is good enough.

But when I think about switching to Magic or even god forbid Archery I look at the cost of setting up to even a 6500GS and its prohibitively expensive and if you have a desire to be competitive then we are talking the whole shooting match needs to change including accessories and instruments.

Whilst in any MMO there are lots of things to ♥♥♥♥♥ and moan about and Trino provides plenty of fodder there one of the biggest things IMHO is the lack of diversity and utility with gear to switch play styles.

For me to set up in Cloth with Epic Ayand main weap and divine gear we are talking no less than 220 -250k for a ~ 6500 - 7000k KS - if you want legendary then we are talking 300k

I think one of the reasons Archery has no love is because no one can afford the gold to test it out to see if it really is crap or not.

For this game to really have some longevity its imperative that players be able to switch roles from time to time, yes make it cost a little but not be prohibitively expensive as it is now.

I have over 8K GS into Epic plate and yes I even have a Desert Divine leather set as required but there is utility in that and they can be switched as required but a switch to magic is something of a life changing experience and if it didn't work out for me then I'd probably leave the game given the cost to switch back again.

Obsid binding compounds the issue, things like set bonuses enforce you do it wholesale or nothing and then we get to the RNG gemming barrier..

There are solutions to this issue and of course I don't think Trino or XL give a rats ♥♥♥ about finding one but why not a stone or scroll that lets you change a set of obsidian from leather to plate keeping the PVP gems perhaps and maybe an additional cost to transfer melee to magic gems.

I'm not sure how many are looking at the Erenor Armor route but this issue rears it ugly head at the time you want to go down that path as its an all or nothing scenario again, the way the sets function doing it piece by piece make you kind of useless if as most player will have to do it takes them 12 months to obtain all. Oh and then the RNG gemming again....Cant get away from that can we...;-)
    Single planting - the singular most regressive thing to be added to an MMO in history

So basically, 2 things:

1. Getting gears --> 2 routes, farm3x or swipey. Easy enough, it just takes a while if you choose the former.

2. Gemming --> if you are in Thunderwing, look me up. Been gemming (for a price) for almost 2 yrs now.

IGN: Arclher. Problem solved.

RNG gemming is going away in 4.0 (mostly)

Quote Originally Posted by tinukeda View Post
    RNG gemming is going away in 4.0 (mostly)
    Not entirely...

The slots to socket are GUARANTEED. YES!

The TIER OF THE GEMS getting socketed in are a NO!

Allow me to explain: When you socket a gem it has a chance to either become the Best Tier gem (or not) but whichever it is, it is guaranteed TO SUCCEED!

Crazy? Hell yeah! To the OP, my offer still stands. All good til honor supply lasts.

P.S. Can provide collateral upon trade.

Yeah thanks for the offer but kinda missing my point, the game is a serious challenge if you wish to change play styles.

On the gemming, I have learnt the hard way that I'm crap at gemming, I just buy the stuff fully gemmed thanks
    Single planting - the singular most regressive thing to be added to an MMO in history

Quote Originally Posted by Neglect View Post
    Not entirely...

The slots to socket are GUARANTEED. YES!

The TIER OF THE GEMS getting socketed in are a NO!

Allow me to explain: When you socket a gem it has a chance to either become the Best Tier gem (or not) but whichever it is, it is guaranteed TO SUCCEED!

Crazy? Hell yeah! To the OP, my offer still stands. All good til honor supply lasts.

P.S. Can provide collateral upon trade.

That is wrong.

There will be 3 tiers of gems.
    T1: always low option.
    T2: chance for great success, 80% low option, 20% high option.
    T3: always high option.

Making a T3 gem will - obviously - be a LOT more expensive than making a T1 or 2 gem.
    I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and Ió
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

-- Robert Frost, 1920 --

problem is, the game is mostly boring.
    Aria - Pirate

+ Reply to Thread