+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Library drop rate

auto-quote :

Quote Originally Posted by Liith View Post
    Make a group and it drop easy.
    I'll farm 30min/day on 3rd floor with 1 songer and 1 healer of my guild, i take all the room and aoe.
    Got almost all purple item x8 in few day.

Stop farming solo, it's not made for.
    The more you'r in group the best the drop rate is.
    It's easy to farm, stop wanna always solo in a mmorpg.

L2 has waaaaaay better droprates then the library
    Not even in your dream

Not even in your dream
    No No.. you misunderstood.. in real life.. awake.

But i do agree.. Library is not made for solo... the problem is.. nobody wants to go there anymore lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nygau View Post
    No No.. you misunderstood.. in real life.. awake.

But i do agree.. Library is not made for solo... the problem is.. nobody wants to go there anymore lol.
    Don't you have friend ? Or guild mate who can help you ? What is the point to be in guild if you can't be helped ? :/

Don't you have friend ? Or guild mate who can help you ? What is the point to be in guild if you can't be helped ? :/
    Uh i dont think that he can not be helped, and ill use my self as an example, i am seriouslly suffering from severe alergy to that place, i can handle it from time to time and will go with guildie in there for up to an hour, but after that i get the shakes.
    So jokes aside, as it is very consuming, many will help in intervals prolly of upto an hour, but that is not enough for people to get what they want, hence they have to keep grinding day in and out.
    I do agree with OP that library drops should be increased, would be really nice if the perma drop in library is equal to other zones when they are in war or something. Especially considering so many different type of mats that players need, combined with drop rate gets really really hard.
    A TRUE WARCHIEF WOULD NEVER CONSUME WEAK PANCAKES. ONLY THE MIGHT OF WAFFLES IS FIT TO COMMAND THE HORDE!

Sorry for the sincerity. Look at that stupid response I got from TRIOM:

================================================== ===========
    Drop rates are 100% random, so even if you've looted for a Pygmy Skull 1000 times, your chance of getting the Pygmy Skull is the same each time you loot and does not improve the more you loot. A good way to look at it is like rolling a die; say you need to roll a 5 to get an item, you could roll that die 20 times without it ever landing on 5, or you could get it 20 times in a row. It all just depends on how lucky you are.
    ================================================== ============
    It's just very annoying as you said. The developer of this game is not looking at the players. We had 11 servers. We now have 7 severs. If we continue like this, we'll have two and then none.
    If I take a die and play for 6 hours I will roll many numbers 5. Very different from the TRIOM drop. Sorry for the truth

Quote Originally Posted by ashyla View Post

Drop rates are 100% random, so even if you've looted for a Pygmy Skull 1000 times, your chance of getting the Pygmy Skull is the same each time you loot and does not improve the more you loot. A good way to look at it is like rolling a die; say you need to roll a 5 to get an item, you could roll that die 20 times without it ever landing on 5, or you could get it 20 times in a row. It all just depends on how lucky you are.
    It's just very annoying as you said. The developer of this game is not looking at the players. We had 11 servers. We now have 7 severs. If we continue like this, we'll have two and then none.
    If I take a die and play for 6 hours I will roll many numbers 5. Very different from the TRIOM drop. Sorry for the truth
    This is true.. Trion and XL need to accept the fact that their grinding policy is not attracting much new players.. and also is driving away people, and maybe it is better then other mmo's. but AA is not other mmo's. I think much of us just care about this game because we love to play it. In that case they should listen even more to their players. I and i think much of us saw many mmo's die because of horrible droprates.. stealing so much time that people just choose to spent their time differently then playing the game.

We also know that an mmo is not designed to achieve anything overnight, but at this point and in this case my girlfriend is trying to get her ayanad cloak for months now.. closing in to a year soon. Playing everyday, but after months of trying she just gave up on it.. she wont be fooled by going to pay money to get stuff, which i agree with lol. So she wont progress on the cloak, which is a dissapointment, because you Trion and XL are offering this cloak to everyone, but its actually ALMOST impossible to get. As for the friend suggestion, this is a nice thought, but people dont want to spent their game time in the library anymore. If you go there its deserted, you might see some people solo farm for some mats, but its not a lot.

Its not a lot because people avoid it, and Trion should see this as a SIGN...

If you offer this cloak to players, then also make sure that they at least have the feeling they progress on it, else you should not even offer it to players.

So i say it once more.. and i think i speak for a LOT of players.. if not ALL of them.. and also for the ones who LEFT the game.. you need to fix the droprate on the 3rd floor..
    And you should really think about the stuff ashyla is saying, there is a reason why you had to merge servers, people are DONE with it Trion.. and ONE of the reasons is the farming of the mats in the library, there is probably a dozen more and personal stuff as well, but the library is making no sense whatsoever.

Meanwhile none of the devs took any offer from any player to farm with them, and give realtime feedback on it.. Muzzy?.. you would be done with farming the library in a few days and would have to acknowledge that you dont have time for it at all.. trust me..

If the library is not fixed soon, you might want to plan another server merge already, because you will have to.. trust me, your new players will hit this cloak point as well..
    Besides that, people thinking about playing Archeage will read all this negative stuff about things being wrong in the game, we all know this is common for every game, and there is always people not agreeing with policy's being executed in any online game. But on this matter its not new players making you aware of this problem, its also players who play more then 2+ years.. like myself and my friends. you should really take this serious and not continuing as is, it make you look ignorant for the outside world which is again making you look negative on almost every mmo site / blog / YouTube channel.. etc.

Me personally would do ANYthing to make sure my game is received with high enthusiasm instead of high criticism, but i dont see Trion work on that at all, more and more people are writing all this bad news about Archeage, even on your own forums, which is much of your first point of contact. Thats not good Trion, people just making an account and read all this on forums, or read first and dont even bother making an account.

And if they dont read it here, because you might delete those topics or defending some of it, they will read it elsewhere. You need to make sure that most of it is not even out there, the only way of achieving that is to change your policy's.

You might run a mmo over there and know stuff about it.. but we players.. we played them.. and left them.. because of stuff like this.

After the library fix we should all talk some more about other fixes of the game, that would actually keep us playing and attract new players.

I still love the game, dont get me wrong.. i say these things because i care about it.. But Archeage is not my life tho.. if i have to give it up because its getting almost impossible.. i will.. other people too, its that easy......you really need to realize this.

You also need to realize that Archeage was and maybe still is.. or at least can be (still) the next big thing, this game can last for years with its awesome graphics, naval battles, deep crafting system. Apex making the game playable for everyone..and a dozen more awesome things.. Please accept the fact that you have gold in your hands.. dont turn this into copper. If you really want.. you can put this game on the number one mmo of all times.. but you have to make some changes you actually dont want.

As a side note and positive note :-)... i would like to add that a LOT of things did improve lately, and i really think that listening to players has become so much better. I enjoy Archeage more then before atm, and i hope and also think that 4.0 will bring some good improvements, and ofc we all hope it will fix the library :-)

But if 4.0 does not do that, we have to wait and see.. then please.. do those fixes on the drops asap.. you could actually fix this with one simple database query ;-)

You said everything Nygau! A very succinct explanation.

game in the same guild Ashyla and this is pure truth. Triom needs to sort this out to improve our game. It would be a significant loss to end such a cool game by not doing what should be done.

Quote Originally Posted by ashyla View Post

How is that a stupid response? He explained to you EXACTLY how it works. And it works like that since the beginning. It didn't change.
    Nehalem
    Outplayed | Conviction

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast