+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Archeage Mage 4.0

Archeage Mage 4.0

Hi Mages out there. If you watch the outcoming 4.0 Changes what Do you think is the Best mage pvp class with 4.0?

Remember, all those proposed skill changes will come with 4.0b / 4.5 whatever they are calling it now.
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

The mage will finally be a mage and not the frontline raid core it has been for the last few years. Typical occultism builds won't have retribution or stillness for protection on the inside and lose big aoe combos like hellspears/godswhip which I think is the main reason mageball has become what it is today.

On the bright side - shadowstep will no longer be an automatic kill to us, witchcraft gets mirror warp to get out of trouble and defense gets retribution so I see classes like cabalist becoming more popular, which is excellent as it's a very fun class to play.

All in all I can say that's it's about time. Mages should have always been a solo class and never anything but a backline in a raid. Wars should be fought by warriors(hence the name) and archers. And as for Darkrunners, hopefully they will be all be hunted and killed into extinction as we have had to endure too long their get good attitude all the while knowing that class was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tormensoth View Post
    The mage will finally be a mage and not the frontline raid core it has been for the last few years. Typical occultism builds won't have retribution or stillness for protection on the inside and lose big aoe combos like hellspears/godswhip which I think is the main reason mageball has become what it is today.

On the bright side - shadowstep will no longer be an automatic kill to us, witchcraft gets mirror warp to get out of trouble and defense gets retribution so I see classes like cabalist becoming more popular, which is excellent as it's a very fun class to play.

All in all I can say that's it's about time. Mages should have always been a solo class and never anything but a backline in a raid. Wars should be fought by warriors(hence the name) and archers. And as for Darkrunners, hopefully they will be all be hunted and killed into extinction as we have had to endure too long their get good attitude all the while knowing that class was broken.
    I woukdnt go as far as driving them to extinction.. but they definitely wont be the fotm class.

And yes, when/if these changes go through, it'll be very satisfying to see more than 80% of melee actually have to learn their classes, if they want to perform with the big boys.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by Tormensoth View Post
    Wars should be fought by warriors(hence the name)
    Wars are fought by soldiers and won by warriors.

@thread None of yall actually answered the question besides Tormensoth. Name a class people!
    Rageindeucedsleeves(formerly Rageintails(Hanure)/Rageinsleeves(Salphira))
    <MEGA>
    East

Hexblade/Daggerspell/Arcanist/Enigmatist/Skullknight/Harbinger/Swiftstone
    I like to experiment

I hold the title of "Lowest Gear Score in Karma!"

Nightcloak next meta.
    <= H o l l o w =)---:

- Magically Malicious -

Two-Handed | Plate | Shadowblade | Screenshot

Occultism getting shadowstep opens up some ice block cheese without shadowplay.

Quote Originally Posted by oreorule View Post
    Name a class people!
    We don't know yet. Fortunately, mage gear is pretty interchangeable for the most part.
    "You need a lobotomy. I'll get a saw." - Bill Watterson

Quote Originally Posted by Papillon View Post
    Archeage is not a PvP game.

Still spellsinger. Since they made every electric spell combo with poison, you will need toxic shot for a full burst, and I like my arc lightning 1-shots.
    Spread love <3

My defiler is gonna be fun with the mobility skill héhé :>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast