+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Darkrunner/battlerage class changes after 4.0

i guess im not gonna react to you anymore because you are making early conclusions and according to you i can say healers cant be killed anymore since there is no CC in the game.. you dont know how the patch works and you clearly didnt watch kooncoon playing the new patch because he wasnt invited to the test group.. these are my last words to you

Without the abbility to CC archers, they simply run and pewpew.
    Typical words of a DR with fear.
    A DR today is more effective than a tank.
    And that's not how it works. Should a DR do DPS without having CC.
    The CC role has the tank and the DPS only do that DPS.
    But both things have already been shown to be OVERPOWERED.
    The archer will have less mobility since they removed mirrior warp.
    The archer will remain paper.
    The archer will continue to make pew pew vs SHIELDS and PLATE.
    Then stop crying.

I've been sounding really arrogant these past few days, trying to talk to these dr mains. Forgive me for this, but its the only way to get through to some of them.. by acting just like them.

To my actual statement.. drs are afraid of archers like me, who already throw them to the ground now, by excelling at kiting them down, despite having the mobility disadvantage.

Because they lose to these archere, and fail at learning how to easily counter leech/frigid mages, they scream "get gud" at everyone, without even factoring in ping, lag, pc speed, etc.

The archers beating them are roughly .5% of the entire games player base, and for mages theyre just too lazy to learn counterplay, as I said before. In otherwords, as many of us have said before, theyre afraid to lose "ez" in replacement of actually having to put in effort to lock down their opponent.

"I'll just roll archery/mage, theyll be the new ez" except good archers and mages still have to know how to kite and/or burst down more than 1 player at a time to be effective. They dont have "123 combo" (mages do, but still requires gear and a genuine form of setup, excluding leech tactic, ehich honestly, isnt 100% either), so your opponent will still have ample chances for counterplay, since they also lack having every cc break/immunity in the game, ontop of dmg and mobility.

TL : DR: BR will deal much less dmg in 1 rotation of skills (archery is already like this) but will still be able to stay ontop of their opponents, still having more gap closers to an archers/mages gap creaters, in their respective trees, but ALL classes will have an easier time dpsing, and less chance to chain cc's

BR tanks will no longer have everything. They will have low dmg, but all sustain/mitigation, some cc, mild mobility and mild cc breaks/immunities. Your nerf is hardly worth quitting over...
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by Argentto View Post
    Typical words of a DR with fear.
    A DR today is more effective than a tank.
    And that's not how it works. Should a DR do DPS without having CC.
    The CC role has the tank and the DPS only do that DPS.
    But both things have already been shown to be OVERPOWERED.
    The archer will have less mobility since they removed mirrior warp.
    The archer will remain paper.
    The archer will continue to make pew pew vs SHIELDS and PLATE.
    Then stop crying.
    I never played darkrunner, I like the changes but if darkrunner now loose all the stuns its even easier to kite them

By the way, which rankings do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    I never played darkrunner, I like the changes but if darkrunner now loose all the stuns its even easier to kite them

By the way, which rankings do you have?
    Was rank 2 on Hanure, now im rank 6, losing to the same abolisher (muramusa) that hit as fast and as hard as a dr, byt took hits like a blighter. I also have videos of fighting all the fotm classes, as primeival, on my oracle thread.

P.S. i know you werent talking to me, but incase you wonder why people dont aleays bite back at my claims.. its because I have genuine proof.

4.0 babyyyyyyyyy
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

I was often top5/top3 EU, currently only top5 sparring because I yolod my gear 5 month ago. And I know, that Darkrunner kill archer because they stun them to the ground that they are not able to move. Same for mages, they try to sleep/freeze archers.

If that is not possible in the future, archers will be awesome.

Mostly I play argent or derwish, which is one of the most cacner in arena. But without shadowplay and in case of derwish without aura, you have only the "behind enemy lines" -> "tigerstrike/charge" combo to come close to an archer. If that is on CD, you simply run behind while they shoot you ~15seconds without problems.

Quote Originally Posted by blycee View Post
    I was often top5/top3 EU, currently only top5 sparring because I yolod my gear 5 month ago. And I know, that Darkrunner kill archer because they stun them to the ground that they are not able to move. Same for mages, they try to sleep/freeze archers.

If that is not possible in the future, archers will be awesome.

Mostly I play argent or derwish, which is one of the most cacner in arena. But without shadowplay and in case of derwish without aura, you have only the "behind enemy lines" -> "tigerstrike/charge" combo to come close to an archer. If that is on CD, you simply run behind while they shoot you ~15seconds without problems.
    Not bad good sir! Pleasure to meet a fellow ranker!
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Since 99% of pvp archers use auramancy, stun combos are rarely effective... a good archer will just mash shrug it off and get out before the trip.
    What kills archers is snare (often >into trip) and throw dagger, mostly prepared with shadowstep+leech.... the big pro pvp combo :')

Archers are immune to fear (which is almost the only thing that stops DRs), yet they cannot get out of snare, slow, lassitude, petrify, telekinesis and bubble trap. (unlike DR)
    I have no clear info on the exact changes, but there seem to still be a large amount of snares in battlerage and shadowplay... so Darkrunners are not expected to have any problems catching archers at all. Especially considering DR currently has Bel, charge, tigerstrike, teleport, mirrorwarp, dropback and shadowstep to close the gap, while archers can only use teleport, mirror warp and drop back to effectively increase a gap (in very rare cases shadowstep).
    That's 7 gap closers vs 3 escape skills... (keep in mind that boneyard is bypassed with tigerstrike, charge, behind enemy lines and drop back.. while bondbreaker makes a DR slow immune, which is the main CC archers have besides snare, which DR is also immune to).
    After mirror warp is out of the equation, it will be 6 gap closers vs 2 escape skills... that's much worse for archers actually, so unless the skill with the mana force icon is actually a pushback that scales with ranged attack, archers will have an even harder time kiting DR after this patch.

However, it seems that it will be a bit better because the melee damage penalty is gone and you can at least use potions and some skills while snared.
    Since snare prevents people from turning in that patch, DR will just snare and then stab them in the back just like before... except now at least they won't be permanently tripped
    Member of New Horizon
    & Founder/Leader of <Aurum>/<Vortex>

Kyprosa Server
    Discord Contact: Cohiba#1706

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba View Post
    Since 99% of pvp archers use auramancy, stun combos are rarely effective... a good archer will just mash shrug it off and get out before the trip.
    What kills archers is snare (often >into trip) and throw dagger, mostly prepared with shadowstep+leech.... the big pro pvp combo :')

Archers are immune to fear (which is almost the only thing that stops DRs), yet they cannot get out of snare, slow, lassitude, petrify, telekinesis and bubble trap. (unlike DR)
    I have no clear info on the exact changes, but there seem to still be a large amount of snares in battlerage and shadowplay... so Darkrunners are not expected to have any problems catching archers at all. Especially considering DR currently has Bel, charge, tigerstrike, teleport, mirrorwarp, dropback and shadowstep to close the gap, while archers can only use teleport, mirror warp and drop back to effectively increase a gap (in very rare cases shadowstep).
    That's 7 gap closers vs 3 escape skills... (keep in mind that boneyard is bypassed with tigerstrike, charge, behind enemy lines and drop back.. while bondbreaker makes a DR slow immune, which is the main CC archers have besides snare, which DR is also immune to).
    After mirror warp is out of the equation, it will be 6 gap closers vs 2 escape skills... that's much worse for archers actually, so unless the skill with the mana force icon is actually a pushback that scales with ranged attack, archers will have an even harder time kiting DR after this patch.

However, it seems that it will be a bit better because the melee damage penalty is gone and you can at least use potions and some skills while snared.
    Since snare prevents people from turning in that patch, DR will just snare and then stab them in the back just like before... except now at least they won't be permanently tripped
    +1 Very well explained

Quote Originally Posted by Cohiba View Post
    so unless the skill with the mana force icon is actually a pushback that scales with ranged attack, archers will have an even harder time kiting DR after this patch.
    Medium damage based on range attack, I think its coefficient was 200% (thats from memory though, could be wrong) but its a 20m knockback or 30m if the target is stalkers marked. Good distance knock back.

loss of bonecage is pretty huge I think, tempted to drop prime just to get it back

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast