+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What can do bard player and best bard class for support?

Smile What can do bard player and best bard class for support?

I want to play a bard class but i don't know what am i doing? Some pro bard help me

I'd have a look >here< for all your healer/barding questions or concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Saspunas View Post
    I want to play a bard class but i don't know what am i doing? Some pro bard help me
    - Caretaker
    - Tombwarden

They'r the two best dedicated bard class.

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    - Caretaker
    - Tombwarden

They'r the two best dedicated bard class.
    I agree. caretaker is stronger than tombwarden imo but they are both good. Cleric can be spec'd as a pure bard but people will expect you to be playing as a healer which can cause drama. I like cleric for under water fighting because teleport helps you stay in proper position. I also like the combo to instacast antithesis which allows you to double as an off healer without breaking songs for long.

A lot of people don't recognize how strong SC is. My experience is that most people think SC is just standing around with a song playing or cycling a few songs. People are generally clueless about SC so be prepared to be treated as a srcub by people who don't know what they're talking about

If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that caretaker is a build for ungeared newbs the game would pay me to play. It's a common, naive view. People who don't understand SC will also not understand why caretaker is stronger than tomb warden.

Quote Originally Posted by Ollolol View Post
    I agree. caretaker is stronger than tombwarden imo but they are both good. Cleric can be spec'd as a pure bard but people will expect you to be playing as a healer which can cause drama. I like cleric for under water fighting because teleport helps you stay in proper position. I also like the combo to instacast antithesis which allows you to double as an off healer without breaking songs for long.

A lot of people don't recognize how strong SC is. My experience is that most people think SC is just standing around with a song playing or cycling a few songs. People are generally clueless about SC so be prepared to be treated as a srcub by people who don't know what they're talking about

If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that caretaker is a build for ungeared newbs the game would pay me to play. It's a common, naive view. People who don't understand SC will also not understand why caretaker is stronger than tomb warden.
    What is SC? :|

edit:
    realized you meant Songcraft in general, not some specific skill lol.

Thanks you. Where can i find tomb warden or caretaker build for 3.5 update?

Thanks you. Where can i find tomb warden or caretaker build for 3.5 update?
    This is going to make me sound like a bit of a jerk, and I apologize for that, but when it comes to classes like Tomb Warden and Caretaker, where you are specializing down into a deep niche, you need to understand it to a point where you don't need to be handed a build.

Not to leave you empty handed, here are some pointers for getting started:

From Songcraft you will of course want the four standard songs (Quickstep, Ode to Recovery, Bulwark, Bloody). Most bards are now running Alarm Call, either the standard (for the anti-sleep), the Debuff removal or the sleep itself.

Of course you will take Healing Hymm, because it is one of the most powerful heals in the game. You will also take Startling Strain because you can toss it around and apply the songs you are already performing to debuff someone on the other side.

Other skills you will have to decide on your off are if you want Rythmic Renewal and if you are going to be buffing people with Hummingbird Ditty.

The passives you will want are 7/8/10.

Now, after that, it all depends on how you want to build into your other trees. Some people go heavy off-healer and end up going 11 points into vitalism. Other people to heavy into Defense.

If you are going into Vitalism to do off-healing then you want to double back to Soncraft and take the 6 point passive for 5% cast time. If you are doing center of the mass and pure-bard you don't need that.
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

I live in Northern California, Small town, about a hundred miles from a major town.
    Maybe you could make the practice dummies give off a value in a combat queue that could explain just what is happening.
    I'm trying to explain a visual issue with gameplay and make it more informative.

>This< used to be my old caretaker build, back around 2.5->2.9 until I switched to templar then hiero/cleric/sooth

+ Reply to Thread