+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Returning Newbie in Search of Help :(

Returning Newbie in Search of Help :(

Hey all! Like the subject states, I'm a returning player. I played when the game 1st launched but have since given it up. I've still be receiving emails however and I'm thinking of starting it back up again. My original character was on the Aranzeb server I think, but I'm not sure if my old guild or friends are still around.

That being said, I am interested in joining a new group of players who will have the patience to help me through the game and join their discord. I generally am more of a PvE player, but I'll PvP in groups for the fun of it. I enjoy crafting and was pretty efficient at mining and cooking if I'm remembering correctly. I'm more of an offensive player, though I'll fit wherever I'm needed. My activity level varies since my work schedule changes weekly, but I still hope to find a group willing to take me in.

I'd appreciate any help or advice going in that any of you may spare. Thank you!

It's a complicated time to return with the impending merge- lots of things are undetermined/uncertain.

Afaik- there will be at least three guilds that fit your needs on the new server Conviction once it is formed BUT you will not be able to transfer into Conviction until an unknown date in the future, and new character creation on the merging servers may already be locked (haven't tried this myself).

I don't really know anything about Aranzeb so can't be much help there.
    Happy Hunting

I play on Dahuta, but with the new merge coming up we will be playing on Tempest. If you come to Tempest use your mailbox to message me (Meshu )and I'll give you hand. Also Speedrace is very helpful as well, he's the one I ask if I can't figure something out as many posts are outdated. Good luck.

So do you think it'd be better to start up again after the merges?

Seems like you have a few options depending on how attached you are to your original character on Aranzeb, and which faction (East or West) you like to play -

If you want to make a new character-

You can try making one on Tahyang, Ollo, or Salphira which are merging into Conviction. If it works, you will be merged along with everyone else who will be creating a new server community which might be more fun for a new-ish player. (If it doesn't work, you can wait til after the merge to join the server either with creating a new character or by transfer.)

OR you could create a new character on a Legacy Server (not merging- Kyrios, Kraken, Aranzeb) and look for a guild that fits your needs. If you do this you could try Kraken based on this post-http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...o-Kraken-East!
    You could probably ask your question about guilds in that thread too.

If you want to keep your Aranzeb character-
    You can-
    try posting your question in the Aranzeb forum section here on the official and see if you get feedback there that makes you want to stay on Aranzeb

OR
    take a full cost transfer to either Kraken or Kyrios now and start playing there- you can ask your question in each of their forum sections too and hope for good feedback

OR
    run around on Aranzeb until the merges are over and the new servers are open for you to transfer in.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneschal View Post
    ... there will be at least three guilds that fit your needs on the new server Conviction ....
    He sounds a lot like me but I will be on Conviction. Which three guilds might be fit for someone like this?

Everything can change with merges, and all guilds have their problem children, but-

If you are playing West, I would look at-
    <Acolytes of Shatigon>
    <Cult of the Kraken>
    <A New Breed>
    Each will have a different style or flavor, but these are well established guilds (probably levels 6-8 on the new server) with solid leaders, and last I heard, they will be merging.

Sadly, I haven't heard much about guilds going East, but I can ask around.
    I think maybe Jahlon's guild <Paradox> will be on Conviction East, but that's a guess based on some forum posts here.

Anyone else know about guilds going East on Conviction?

Everything can change with merges, and all guilds have their problem children, but-

<Acolytes of Shatigon>
    <Cult of the Kraken>
    <A New Breed>
    Each will have a different style or flavor, but these are well established guilds (probably levels 6-8 on the new server) with solid leaders, and last I heard, they will be merging.

I think maybe Jahlon's guild <Paradox> will be on Conviction East, but that's a guess based on some forum posts here.

Last i heard i am pretty sure Jahlon and Paradox are staying through the merge. Just its late for anyone to create new charcters on evo servers, creation and transfers into evo has been blocked for couple of weeks now, only possibility is/was to transfer of evo servers. No one mentioned how long this will be blocked post evo. So OP is kind of stuck where he is for little while.
    A TRUE WARCHIEF WOULD NEVER CONSUME WEAK PANCAKES. ONLY THE MIGHT OF WAFFLES IS FIT TO COMMAND THE HORDE!

<Acolytes of Shatigon>
    <Cult of the Kraken>
    <A New Breed>

I'm west so thanks for the info. From what I've seen on the forums if I was east... Paradox would be a first choice.

So essentially I can pay to transfer my Aranzeb character to another server like Conviction or just make a new one on one of the newly merged servers?

+ Reply to Thread