+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Occultism in a 1v1 spec?

Occultism in a 1v1 spec?

Hi,

I really like occultism and would want to use it in a 1v1 spec
    I currently run revenant at any time, but kinda weak for pirating and stuff.

Are defilers viable? if not, what are my options?
    Any build is welcome
    Delfitus ~ Salphira

Well with the ancestral skills you kinda have more options for 1 v 1. The single target hell spear is pretty nice, especially because it combos well with the instant cast meteor. Just cast single target hell spear and meteor on the supposed target. Since both skills have a small delay, if you get the timing right it hits even through shrug. Defiler is nice but lacks mobility, I like reaper for small scale.

i only recently came back to the game, want to give it another chance with evolution

i'm not ancestral 7 yet, but when i do reach it, you mean that i can go pirate / defend my packs as a revenant if i choose the ancestral ones wisely
    i usually run around with my gf who's a healer
    Delfitus ~ Salphira

I once tried to make a more 1 v 1 orientated Revenant build and I think it can work fine. You might have to adjust the build a little. But between all the cc breaks you have, and the stuff you can spec into, it should work fine. Things you can consider that don't usually get used a lot by raid PvP centered Rev builds: Frigid Tracks/Deep Freeze, Cursed thorns + Telekinesis (ultra cheesy but strong), Single target hellspear + Lightning Meteor, Leech... I am sure it can work.

Defiler is a really fun control char for 1v1 or naval pvp ^^
    Def - Occ - Witch

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    Defiler is a really fun control char for 1v1 or naval pvp ^^
    Def - Occ - Witch
    Do you mind posting your defiler build?
    Delfitus ~ Salphira

Quote Originally Posted by Singty View Post
    Do you mind posting your defiler build?
    Here we go ^^

Defiler Build

Shadehunter (occ/arch/shadow) is going to rock the world of AA next patch, BUT its a movement speed spec, which is why i've already gitten my gale 4-puece set, and as much movement speed as I can so far. (Still no movement speed in costumes) im at 7.6m/s. Im working on getti g my tricorn hat now. At max stats, and the day iYou get my costumes squared away, i'll hit 9.7-10 m/s befire any other movement buff are applied. (I stealth walk, and even trade pack faster than some people run xD)
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    Here we go ^^

Defiler Build
    you go really deep in defense, where do you get your dmg from? just rotating cc till they die?
    only 5 in occultism, didnt expect that but thnx
    Delfitus ~ Salphira

5 arena today, 5 win :>

Defiler is strong if you know how to fill CC and dmg ability.
    I've even remove the stillness from Occ and add the pet (55 skill) in Witchcraft tree.
    This pet allow me to catch ranged or mobile class since he's very fast and can slow / double-slow the target.
    When I start to hit with mana star, I get faster and my targer go slower. And then i use Cripple mire and he almost not move anymore

For the dmg, Hell Spear ancestral version is amazing, enervate + mudhand, dahuata wave, Buble + Mana push for fall dmg, boastful roar under Toughen is amazing too since he do nice dmg and reduce drasticaly dmg and heal from the target.
    You don't have no brain burst like popular class, but it's enough for kill.
    You can't be sleep, so RIP all OP class that only play with leech like DR/Enigmate and some other.
    You got a nice amount of Mdef since you'r in cloth, so RIP Mage class.

Only Battlerage classe can be a pain some time cuz they damage are stupidly OP but you can deal with them if you fill your skill perfectly
    I've try many defiler build since i'm back on AA (was healer before) and this one is the one i like the most for PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast