+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Mana Flurry" Passive Sorcery Skill,How attack speed helps mage in this passive ?

"Mana Flurry" Passive Sorcery Skill,How attack speed helps mage in this passive ?

My cast time is %40, attack speed is 0 and I have this "Mana Flurry" Passive Sorcery Skill too.

When we use "FlameBolt" skill's third attack we get "Mana Flurry" buff from the passive that increase our attack speed to maximum 160 value and lower the cast time %16 and reduces our non-existance pyhsical defense by %24... I have %40 cast time so it is not lowering my cast time another %16 or it lowers who knows.

When I don't get this "Mana Flurry" and when I use sorcery casting skills, I feel like their animations are slow and it seems like that too. However, when I have x8 "Mana Flurry" buff on me, the skills' animations seem like much faster and it really is too. Thus, I started to think if attack speed is important us, escpecially when this buff active on us or always.

What is your opinion about this subject ? thank you.
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

i am not sure if you are trolling or not , i remember this nick from like 2015 .....

attack speed = global cool down
    cast time = time to cast spell

giving you simple illustration
    example 1 : you have 40% cast time and 0 speed = 1 sec cast fireballs + 1 sec gcd = 2 sec per fireball
    example 2 : you have 75% cast time and 150 speed = 1.5 sec fireballs + 0.5 sec gcd = 2 sec per fireball

the numbers are far off but that should explain why it is "faster"

btw i still think you are trolling with this post
    BRING BACK UNCAPPED 1v1 #ARENAGATE

Quote Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
    i am not sure if you are trolling or not , i remember this nick from like 2015 .....

attack speed = global cool down
    cast time = time to cast spell

giving you simple illustration
    example 1 : you have 40% cast time and 0 speed = 1 sec cast fireballs + 1 sec gcd = 2 sec per fireball
    example 2 : you have 75% cast time and 150 speed = 1.5 sec fireballs + 0.5 sec gcd = 2 sec per fireball

the numbers are far off but that should explain why it is "faster"

btw i still think you are trolling with this post
    I am not trolling, I wanted to ask a question here only. Some people said me that attack speed is only important for physical classes; so I wanted to ask why we have such a passive in mage skill tree... If it was not so important why XLGAMES increases its value at 4.5 patch which I checked 4.5 patch notes for skill changes and it says for this passive "Mana Flurry", it will get 200 attack speed directly with -%16 more casting time. I joined to game at Dec 2016 with my Savitar nickname and character, is it a problem , what are you trying to imply really ? Savitar is a name from Flash TV Series that everyone is free to use it...

For one time, try to be more polite to others when you reply back that at least try to be different than most of AA EU&NA forum users...

Archeage 4.5 patch info by Kooncoon:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfqZGaI2m8o
    https://translate.google.co.kr/trans...-text=&act=url
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

if you got the impression from my reply that GCD is not important to a mage
    you did not understand me.

Quote Originally Posted by newguy123 View Post
    if you got the impression from my reply that GCD is not important to a mage
    you did not understand me.
    Thank you very much for replying me with patient and sharing the crucial information with me. I understood now^^. Always other mmorpgs are coming to my mind, archeage is totally different in many ways; comparing to other mmorpgs I played. Thank you again.

aa is made for 3-10 ms latency ( ping )
    while some improvements are made to make the game better for eu / us

having GCD as low as possible will affect your game play in ways you did not know, for example :
    Nodachi switch takes less time
    backdrop fireball maximum is 4-5 fireballs not 3 ...
    mage animation cancel can have 2 skills between each whip and not 1 ( if i remember correctly on max speed under nodachi )
    last time i tried it ( 2.0 ) was affecting mount dismount , glider skills.

all those might explain why you see dual wield drs ( and speed boosted classes/characters ) having the ability to use glider into other skills so fast that you think they all share the same building as the server room.

+ Reply to Thread