+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for something to play... burnt out on WoW

Looking for something to play... burnt out on WoW

Hello everyone! I've been doing some mild research on f2p MMOs and while there are a few good choices, nothing peaks my interest as much as ArcheAge has in the past. Steam says I have 155 hours played, which honestly isnt much. I started on Ollo (before knowing it was a barren carebear server) and made a few friends but overall it was just a wasteland. I got the archemaster title (All classes to 50) and had some land and some money making methods set up but it all seemed rather pointless so I stopped playing.

Here I am a year or so later and can't work up the courage to install and play anything else because I know it won't be Archeage. That's a lie. I have WoW, GW2, ESO, Tera, Wild Star and Black Desert all installed and cant stay logged into any of them for longer than an hour. Perhaps im burnt out on gaming itself, but I want to give it one last try with ArcheAge before I hang it up and move back to console for a while or find a new hobby.

So I will be starting fresh and would like to know what server is poppin' right now? I'm sort of a jack of all trades type of player... I like to do and experience a bit of everything including PvP. I am not the most social player in gaming but I like to have people around to speak to and do things with if and when the desire arises. Plaing on Ollo I rarely saw any people, and when I did they were just afk probably in discord or something. I'd see the occasional hauler train of 5-6 haulers of identical characters with seemingly the same name but that was it. I wanna play on the server with the most alive community, not necessarily the largest I just wanna feel like its a bustling world and not a graveyard everywhere.

I'm NA and I main healer roles in every MMO i've played to date. I even theory crafted some healing specs in GW2 which doesnt even have a dedicated healing role. Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for responding as well.

-edit-
    Also, why does running AA through steam start the Glyph launcher? xD kinda ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Khitarra View Post
    Hello everyone! I've been doing some mild research on f2p MMOs and while there are a few good choices, nothing peaks my interest as much as ArcheAge has in the past. Steam says I have 155 hours played, which honestly isnt much. I started on Ollo (before knowing it was a barren carebear server) and made a few friends but overall it was just a wasteland. I got the archemaster title (All classes to 50) and had some land and some money making methods set up but it all seemed rather pointless so I stopped playing.

Here I am a year or so later and can't work up the courage to install and play anything else because I know it won't be Archeage. That's a lie. I have WoW, GW2, ESO, Tera, Wild Star and Black Desert all installed and cant stay logged into any of them for longer than an hour. Perhaps im burnt out on gaming itself, but I want to give it one last try with ArcheAge before I hang it up and move back to console for a while or find a new hobby.

So I will be starting fresh and would like to know what server is poppin' right now? I'm sort of a jack of all trades type of player... I like to do and experience a bit of everything including PvP. I am not the most social player in gaming but I like to have people around to speak to and do things with if and when the desire arises. Plaing on Ollo I rarely saw any people, and when I did they were just afk probably in discord or something. I'd see the occasional hauler train of 5-6 haulers of identical characters with seemingly the same name but that was it. I wanna play on the server with the most alive community, not necessarily the largest I just wanna feel like its a bustling world and not a graveyard everywhere.

I'm NA and I main healer roles in every MMO i've played to date. I even theory crafted some healing specs in GW2 which doesnt even have a dedicated healing role. Anyway, thanks for reading and thanks for responding as well.

-edit-
    Also, why does running AA through steam start the Glyph launcher? xD kinda ridiculous
    Ollo is on one of the merged servers, might be actually best place to start again, as after merge (3-4 days to go) there will be 3 nations fighting it out and plenty of activity with faction guilds. If you need help and support might wanna talk to Jahlon from Paradox after evolution
    A TRUE WARCHIEF WOULD NEVER CONSUME WEAK PANCAKES. ONLY THE MIGHT OF WAFFLES IS FIT TO COMMAND THE HORDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmythrex View Post
    Ollo is on one of the merged servers, might be actually best place to start again, as after merge (3-4 days to go) there will be 3 nations fighting it out and plenty of activity with faction guilds. If you need help and support might wanna talk to Jahlon from Paradox after evolution
    Oh wow interesting, that actually makes a lot of sense haha. Thanks a bunch

-edit-

What if I have 1 character on 2 of the merging servers and I am a non-patron? Will one of them be deleted or how does that work exactly?

-edit 2-
    I cannot start fresh because character creation is disable for all servers that'll be included in the evolution :d guess ill wait a week.

Merging is "the population of 3 servers combined and merged into 1 big server" so if you have spread toons in 2 merging servers, both toons will finally meet each other.
    Archeage is like WOW vanilla without bgs (with p2w options) but more intensive pvp in the streets and seas... Because not only you get killed but also robed.

Quote Originally Posted by Seirios View Post
    Merging is "the population of 3 servers combined and merged into 1 big server" so if you have spread toons in 2 merging servers, both toons will finally meet each other.
    Archeage is like WOW vanilla without bgs (with p2w options) but more intensive pvp in the streets and seas... Because not only you get killed but also robed.
    Yea I understand what a merge is but as a non-patron you are only allowed 1 character per server, so I was asking if I were to make a character on say Tahyang and I have one on Ollo, will they both be playable on Conviction or will one of them be out of commission unless I purchase patron status?

However I wasn't able to create a new character on any of the evolution servers because of the lockout, so I will be making a new character tomorrow when the evo-servers come online.

I dont understand you, I have 7 accounts 3 patron and 4 non patron.. all can have up to 2 characters per account and I only play in dahuta server (with character expansion more than 2). I have a non patron with 2 toons so I am 100% positive you can have 2 characters per account and in the same server with f2p.

Did they change it at 3.0 or 3.5? I have these accounts before 3. I believe both will be playable yes, because its their fault about the whole mess after all.

Im not sure lol you probably know better than me. Thanks for the info

+ Reply to Thread