+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: I'd like to know, why is almost everyone cheering for the supposed archery buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Anveena View Post
    Yeah, you can definitely pull off a wave meteor on a pug raid, but it's THAT easy to get interrupted xd. I've shown you a RvR situation in which an archer one shots a tank, and btw, EVERY tank should run spell shield WTF?? It's one of the greatest defensive utilities vs magic damage.
    You're just going in circles with things that have already been explained to you. Twili already explained the immense amount (and virtually impossible, without peel) of setup needed to do that kind of dmg, as a SONG archer, to a tank.

As a non-song archer, I can assure you I will never hit those numbers on a tank.

Spell shield is not very appealing to some, they find it a waste due to the short duration and long cd, so yeah, no one runs it, despite what it does for 8 seconds.

A well geared mage with tons of cast time reduction, is not going to be interrupted very easily, when 9/10 they have a cleric and a few drs/tanks guarding them, and only 1/8th of the population is archery.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

You realise you have to STAND STILL for the meteor cast+channel afterwards. 1 Implosion/HS/w.e is enough to interrupt it LOL. And I ALSO said you need to be a SONG archer to deal that amount of damage, what do you expect - to run non-zeal build and deal ♥♥♥♥ tons of dmg?

Yeah, you can definitely pull off a wave meteor on a pug raid, but it's THAT easy to get interrupted xd. I've shown you a RvR situation in which an archer one shots a tank, and btw, EVERY tank should run spell shield WTF?? It's one of the greatest defensive utilities vs magic damage.
    The only useful tanks in this game are in cloth and have 10k+ mdef. BR/DEF/x is bad in raids and if you are plate you are even more useless to your team being a lightning rod. I can one shot almost anyone in this game with the right setup as an archer. For the third time, that setup is so much more difficult for us than melee or mage and require numerous steroids, procs, and debuffs to stay on someone for it to work. That's why it is an issue. Why should our kill potential be 5x harder than the other damage trees, and require more gear than the other trees to become viable.

You realise you have to STAND STILL for the meteor cast+channel afterwards. 1 Implosion/HS/w.e is enough to interrupt it LOL. And I ALSO said you need to be a SONG archer to deal that amount of damage, what do you expect - to run non-zeal build and deal ♥♥♥♥ tons of dmg?
    Sorry to double post, but dark runner would like to have a word with you about the needing zeal to do damage part.

Why would you run BR/DEF/x in a raid anyway? Never said anything about that. For any class it takes pretty much the same time to set up a one shot combo, dunno why you think archers need more than anyone else. P/mdef are not even that relevant anymore, it's resilience and toughness + damage reduction that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightmagus View Post
    Sorry to double post, but dark runner would like to have a word with you about the needing zeal to do damage part.
    That's true, I agree on that part. If the current skill changes go live and someday come to NA/EU, then DRs may as well roll into a BR/Song/x class.

Why would you run BR/DEF/x in a raid anyway? Never said anything about that. For any class it takes pretty much the same time to set up a one shot combo, dunno why you think archers need more than anyone else. P/mdef are not even that relevant anymore, it's resilience and toughness + damage reduction that matter.
    Just do me a favor and spec ebonsong and try the one shot combo. Just remove any cast time gear you might have and give it a shot. Pop all of your steroids, piercing shot the enemy so it applies feral mark, endless a few times to get zeal if you don't already have it, then life strain yourself and cast the flame conc, then chanty as its in the air. After getting used to it on a mob or w/e, try it on someone who has a good block/parry, or just don't throw in the piercing shot because its the same thing really and see how much the damage changes. Then try it with the abyssal skill active at some zerg fest like halcy or abyssal. As someone who has played mage, melee, and archer the other 2 are far easier to setup their wombo, and have more fall backs if their first combo falls through, and aren't stuck self rooted in a spot for 5 seconds if things go south.

Archers also have fall backs if concussive fails??? Snipe? Other INSTANT cast abilities. Sure, can be blocked/evaded/parried, but how many times would that occur on anyone that's not a shield tank?

Archers also have fall backs if concussive fails??? Snipe? Other INSTANT cast abilities. Sure, can be blocked/evaded/parried, but how many times would that occur on anyone that's not a shield tank?
    Block is half the battle with shield users, the ither half is defenses in general. You simply wont be melting anyone with a shield on, because theres a block arrow hidden passive within it, to give everyone wearig a shield a chance at blocking snipes and even conc because its bugged. I can put on a magic shield and still be melted by a mage, because their dmg always goes through, its simply alittle less than what it wouldve been dual wielding, so i simply dont wear it. Same for melee against shields, then can backstab as well as have tons of physical penetration to completely ignore a shield user .
    Do you archer? I can assure you, if you did, youd know we have little to make up for in burst dmg, outside of EA spam, which isnt burst dmg, its dps. You are most likely a very squishy target complaining about archery because you have no survivability to any dmg what so ever, so I'd stop with the "archery dmg is fine" because honestly, archery dmg may be the most balanced of the 3, which as you noticed in the new patch notes, is why we recieved dmg buffs and almost no nerfs at all, compared to hard melee dmg nerfs. The very devs see that melee is too strong, and mage is kind of in the middle, needing good gear to be as powerful as they are, while archers have sat in the side lines since year 2, having good gear amd still feeling little power compared to others.

1 tigerstrike can shave 15k of my hp, in delph divine armor. 1 frost arrow crit can shave off a good 10k+ of my hp, but I go and charged bolt crit for 5-6k.. literally half the dmg compared to a no-cast mage, and even less to that of a br. Again, we have dmg... the problem is it isnt enough to compete, without being insanely good at the class, as we who are discussing this with you, very much are.

Even then, throw in a cleric on their side, and you cant even compete compared to having a cleric on yours (1v2) and outnumbered fights are what i live for, but its not exactly fun when you die in 1 shot to a "cant be avoided" skill, while it takes a full rotation of your own to do equal dmg~
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5