+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: I'd like to know, why is almost everyone cheering for the supposed archery buffs...

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    116

    I'd like to know, why is almost everyone cheering for the supposed archery buffs...

    ...when everytime I see archers in pvp, they are dishing out 16k crits from 50-60m and constantly tearing up groups of average-geared players with just a single missile rain.

    I really do not want to return to the post-launch situation, where 80% of playerbase were Primevals and these forums were besieged by complaints about them...

    Like, after being part of that, to say that the nerfs archery got over time were well deserved would be a massive understatement....

  2. #2
    Senior Member Careby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1,048
    You're kidding, right?

  3. #3
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Starbucks
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by JadenYugari View Post
    ...when everytime I see archers in pvp, they are dishing out 16k crits from 50-60m and constantly tearing up groups of average-geared players with just a single missile rain.

    I really do not want to return to the post-launch situation, where 80% of playerbase were Primevals and these forums were besieged by complaints about them...

    Like, after being part of that, to say that the nerfs archery got over time were well deserved would be a massive understatement....
    What are you calling Average-geared player?

    Are you calling 4k 5k or 6k "average"

    Also, in these huddled masses of average-geared players, what's the average toughness score?

    When you have your toughness to a respectable level, wear a shield and have a health physical defense, the average archer has to work very hard to kill you. The way to beat that archer is to ensure that you never fall to the 50% health level so they can't deliver a coup de grāce with a high powered concussive.

    Now, when you get an 8k+ archer who fires a deadeye charged concussive into a group of newbies, yes he's going to obliterate them.
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

  4. #4
    Spot the low GS two hander user.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    What are you calling Average-geared player?

    Are you calling 4k 5k or 6k "average"

    Also, in these huddled masses of average-geared players, what's the average toughness score?

    When you have your toughness to a respectable level, wear a shield and have a health physical defense, the average archer has to work very hard to kill you. The way to beat that archer is to ensure that you never fall to the 50% health level so they can't deliver a coup de grāce with a high powered concussive.

    Now, when you get an 8k+ archer who fires a deadeye charged concussive into a group of newbies, yes he's going to obliterate them.
    By average-geared I mean around 5,3k GS.

    No, I am not talking about 8k archers, I am talking about 6k archers landing 16k crits on me with snipe or hitting me for 60% of my healthbar with concussive, even though I have defense potion on, health buff, and several other buffs as well + toughness gems.
    And I should not be forced to choose between "wear a shield" and "get destroyed by an archer in a 3 seconds", wearing a shield should be optional in regards to skilltrees, not a must...

  6. #6
    5.3k is pretty low on the gear score scale nowadays. Sounds like your pvp gems are lacking and you are in cloth. Once you get a good gem and gear setup you will notice that archers really don't do a ton to you unless they set up their combos correctly.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jahlon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Starbucks
    Posts
    2,567
    Quote Originally Posted by JadenYugari View Post
    By average-geared I mean around 5,3k GS.

    No, I am not talking about 8k archers, I am talking about 6k archers landing 16k crits on me with snipe or hitting me for 60% of my healthbar with concussive, even though I have defense potion on, health buff, and several other buffs as well + toughness gems.
    And I should not be forced to choose between "wear a shield" and "get destroyed by an archer in a 3 seconds", wearing a shield should be optional in regards to skilltrees, not a must...
    Send a screen shot of your character sheet with the Defense tab open and i'll be able to tell you why you are getting destroyed by archers.
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,124
    Quote Originally Posted by JadenYugari View Post
    Like, after being part of that, to say that the nerfs archery got over time were well deserved would be a massive understatement....
    No changes to archery were even remotely as impacting as folks simply gearing up. Even if we had received no nerfs, we still would have ended up the weakest dps class. How exactly were you 'part of that' and still at 5.3k gs?

    Quote Originally Posted by JadenYugari View Post
    No, I am not talking about 8k archers, I am talking about 6k archers landing 16k crits on me with snipe or hitting me for 60% of my healthbar with concussive
    And I can be one shot by a 6k mage with arc lightning, or a 6k dr can kill me without me being able to move, or hell a triple tiger + precision strike that can be reset for round two when I get parried. Whats your point?

    Quote Originally Posted by JadenYugari View Post
    And I should not be forced to choose between "wear a shield" and "get destroyed by an archer in a 3 seconds", wearing a shield should be optional in regards to skilltrees, not a must...
    There is a difference between being forced to and doing so because it makes sense as part of the flow of combat, which is something everyone should do. I am dual wield but I swap to shield when I get tripped, I swap to mdef shield when I am getting focused by a mage, pdef shield when getting hit by an archery, etc. Shield has a hidden passive that is only triggered by bow ranged attacks, you should use it when needed.


    All that aside, we havent see what came out of the testing of the changes and even if it all stayed the same it is not a giant patch of archery buffs. We are losing key abilities like everyone else. Our skill trees are changing to the point that what class will be viable on the other side is unclear, just like everyone else. Abilities like snipe are getting their damage reduced, like everyone else. Our combo's are getting messed up, just like everyone else. Honestly some of the battlerage changes will be more impacting than the ones to archery.

  9. #9
    These responses by Archers :|
    You got 2 shot because you didn't swap to shield, use redoubt and have 6 toughness gems in your pants! L2P!

    Its the same as the battlerage clowns during 2.0+, nobody wants to admit their primary skillset is powerful. Battlerages mobility got balanced, lowering the skillgap for most Archers. There's no real point moaning about it tho, meta shifts about the balance.
    Sakuracalli (West)

  10. #10
    Senior Member Trusivraj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,799
    Quote Originally Posted by SakuraCalleil View Post
    These responses by Archers :|
    You got 2 shot because you didn't swap to shield, use redoubt and have 6 toughness gems in your pants! L2P!

    Its the same as the battlerage clowns during 2.0+, nobody wants to admit their primary skillset is powerful. Battlerages mobility got balanced, lowering the skillgap for most Archers. There's no real point moaning about it tho, meta shifts about the balance.
    Im sorry, but what can you possibly think is op about archery? Im haooy to show you videos of my prime, then you can let me know when I OHK0 any one of my opponents in 1 or even 2 shots, without them being able to move/react/counterplay. BR mobility is far from balanced, unless you speak of the changes in 4.0, in which case I have to admit, archery looks strong as hell in that patch, but RIGHT NOW, not even close.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts