+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I'd like to know, why is almost everyone cheering for the supposed archery buffs...

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightmagus View Post
    Resil> toughness in this and the next few patches friend. If you get crit you are going to die regardless with how many steroids activate when BR crits, or someone pops zeal.

Which brings up the point that melee and mages have waaaaaay higher crit rate than archers because their crit stats scale far better than agi does with ranged crit rate (why melee crit scales better with agi than ranged is anyone's guess.) Without intensity up you're looking at like upper 30's MAYBE 40% on a geared archer while mages and melee exceed that by a pretty freaking large margin. So if you truly want to take no damage from archers, stack resilience.
    You're building wrong then, idk. I've seen archers hit 70% rate and over 100% crit dmg when buffed and with zeal (looking at Ebonsongs). You can't compare a zeal player's crit to a non-zeal (Spellsinger/song vs Primeval). But I do agree that melees can reach some pretty high stats just by using class buffs. On the resilience > toughness part I'm not really sure about that. If you have low toughness you're gonna get hit crit'd pretty high regardless of your resilience. But yeah, I'm looking forward to the resilience gems in boots and buffed toughness in helmets, and then make my choice about gemming.

@jahlon, you can ravenspine out of the tigerstrike precision combo and get hit maybe by 1-2 hits instead of all 4. There are ways to avoid it, you just have to work around it. I'm not saying "OMG BUFF BR!!!!", but you can work around what we have now. What worries me more are combos like divebomb - trips on DRs are 20% shorter due to leather set effects so they can trip you again into the classic precision combo, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Anveena View Post
    You're building wrong then, idk. I've seen archers hit 70% rate and over 100% crit dmg when buffed and with zeal (looking at Ebonsongs). You can't compare a zeal player's crit to a non-zeal (Spellsinger/song vs Primeval). But I do agree that melees can reach some pretty high stats just by using class buffs. On the resilience > toughness part I'm not really sure about that. If you have low toughness you're gonna get hit crit'd pretty high regardless of your resilience. But yeah, I'm looking forward to the resilience gems in boots and buffed toughness in helmets, and then make my choice about gemming.

@jahlon, you can ravenspine out of the tigerstrike precision combo and get hit maybe by 1-2 hits instead of all 4. There are ways to avoid it, you just have to work around it. I'm not saying "OMG BUFF BR!!!!", but you can work around what we have now. What worries me more are combos like divebomb - trips on DRs are 20% shorter due to leather set effects so they can trip you again into the classic precision combo, etc.
    You failed to notice where I said unbuffed crit rate. OFC you have insanely high crit with your cooldowns popped. I never said anything about crit damage being low either, just that our damage overall is crit reliant. When our steroids end (pretty common in rvr fights) our crit rate on a high res target is rather low. so more resil from boots and frosts will mean lower crit rates and crit damage which will affect archer damage a lot vs someone who isn't stacking resil. Also of course toughness is important, and without it in your pants you will just die like an idiot, but once its at a decent level the main difference between life and death is if the attack crits or not.

I main ebonsong, and I know how zeal works thank you. I'm pointing out that melee crit rate scales far higher with agi than ranged crit rate which makes little sense to me.

As an archer i can say i never could stand against any other class in pvp 1v1. I have 7300+ gs legendary bow and nice gear and i still do s**t to anyone. i feel like im still on lvl one after all that time playing. archer is complete crap in this game.

Archer gets stunned and its dead after 2-3 hits or just gets one shot. You could say archer is dps but it doesent deal any dmg at all.

Archer gets stunned and its dead after 2-3 hits or just gets one shot. You could say archer is dps but it doesent deal any dmg at all.
    Like 90% of the class when they fight a BR&co ♥♥♥♥♥♥ed class.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightmagus View Post
    You failed to notice where I said unbuffed crit rate. OFC you have insanely high crit with your cooldowns popped. I never said anything about crit damage being low either, just that our damage overall is crit reliant. When our steroids end (pretty common in rvr fights) our crit rate on a high res target is rather low. so more resil from boots and frosts will mean lower crit rates and crit damage which will affect archer damage a lot vs someone who isn't stacking resil. Also of course toughness is important, and without it in your pants you will just die like an idiot, but once its at a decent level the main difference between life and death is if the attack crits or not.

I main ebonsong, and I know how zeal works thank you. I'm pointing out that melee crit rate scales far higher with agi than ranged crit rate which makes little sense to me.
    Whoever thought archers should have to draw crit rate from int and agi is brain dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sathanari View Post
    As an archer i can say i never could stand against any other class in pvp 1v1. I have 7300+ gs legendary bow and nice gear and i still do s**t to anyone. i feel like im still on lvl one after all that time playing. archer is complete crap in this game.

I agree that we are definitely lacking dps (and a "2h" version entirely) but you should still fair well against the majority of players with a leg bow, T6 or better. Do you have bad ping, or a laggy pc?

Edit: I think, based on some changes in the skill balance patch, theyre taking archery in a direction where we do more dmg the longer we fight, and the farther we are, so it should be getting better soon.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by emellgee View Post
    Whoever thought archers should have to draw crit rate from int and agi is brain dead.
    Ranged crit rate from agi is pretty standard in most games i've played. Having a sub stat, int, to invest mkre crit in (cloak) is a good thing.

As for the melee crit rate issue, we have to remember we get everything from 1 stat (ranged dmg, crit, and evasion), but melee have to lose dmg (str) for crit(agi) so giving them more melee crit, compared to ranged, to make up for lost dmg isnt hard to believe.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by Sathanari View Post

Not to say that it isn't challenging, but if you have 7300 gs and you cant 1v1, then the problem is you and not the class, imo. I 1v1 all day every day and win a lot more than I lose and there is very few folks in my gs bracket that I havent beat in a 1v1 at least once. Use everything to your advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Anveena View Post

Dont rely on immunities to escape a normal class skill, thats already been nerfed in kr (animation can be escaped, instead of them following you and getting the full animation/dmg off, despite being out of range). The skill is/was(kr) toxic in the fact you basically get 2 mobility skills in 1, as your opponent either jumps away, and your animation/character follows, or you take it and probably die to their precision strike as you teleport after the animation ends.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

So by what i have read in here ... the options to not get insta killed are changing gear mid combat ... arent there already enough "use" gear pieces? Damn, half my bars are gear pieces.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast