+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archeage 4.0 & 4.5 patch skill changes, and Archers will be over powered by Kooncoon

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient6 View Post
    No need to go all condescending on me. Of course I kill people, and of course I kill archers/melees with a good zeal crit on arc or a GW fireball cancel... Or even some well placed ice/fire combo. And I do know how to move around tanks, get out of pulls or survive them with serp shield/bloomfang and so on. We as a raid may not be as good as the people we are fighting but we also know how to disable tanks, charm priority targets and stack buffs/debuffs. That's all good and well and yes I can be effective too. BUT that does not change the fact that archers can, with similar gear, mostly do the same from a way safer distance. ESPECIALLY in water fights since when having no gliders for mobility, reduced overall movespeed as well as three dimensions the added range really starts to show. Reaching an archer wreaking havoc with serpent sight is that much harder in naval situations. And I don't even start with all the line of sight advantages with snipe, the new missile rain and pulling people off ships with red dragon bow.
    Now THIS I can agree with. :> dmg needs to be tuned down in general, to allow better counterplay opportunities. 1shot dmg from filler atk skills (firebolt/frost crits) and instant cone aoe skills (Missile rain) is unhealthy gameplay. We dont want another tankage either though. Been there, done that, got the scars.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Archery PvP Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK..._as=subscriber
    Oracle & Archery Guide:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...rent-into-3.0)
    Outrider Build & Gear Thread:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...le-again/page2

That's all I am saying. Dropback from stealth to kill any non cloth tank from stealth before they can react is just as unhealthy as me having to shield swap for every untargeted missile rain from 50m, despite having 6.6k res as well as 5.2k toughness + 25%+ ranged dmg reduction even as dps, while sitting in a raid under songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Now THIS I can agree with. :> dmg needs to be tuned down in general, to allow better counterplay opportunities. 1shot dmg from filler atk skills (firebolt/frost crits) and instant cone aoe skills (Missile rain) is unhealthy gameplay. We dont want another tankage either though. Been there, done that, got the scars.
    My guild is planning to start at fresh server and when I look at the classes thy chose from the data sheet, most of them are archers and it follows as the plate tank classes that less people chose to be healer and mage and even the melee dps right now... I checked other fresh start guilds as talked with them in their discords and their guilds are made of archer and tank majority too.

I was opened this thread long long time ago and sometimes, I hate to be right always really. Archeage 4.5 patch is made for Archers and then for tanks, especially for Fresh Server. Cloth Mage and Healers are going to be rip too hard in Fresh Server and in Legacy Servers; but archers and plate tanks will rock in 4.5 patch in Fresh Server and in Legacy Servers.

At this game no love to healers and after some time, no love to mages that both healers and mages are nerfed at every patch while other classes are buffed up nicely. I personally don't know what XLGAMES is trying to do with these non-stop class, skill changes that are mainly in advantage of the physical dps classes or magical dps classes and now tanks are included this too but no love to healers again + healers are nerfed again too...
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

What are you on about? Right now good healers are carrying a raid and are virtually unkillable. And next patch they will get some sick healing combos with shadowplay/occultism etc. I don't see healers being in a bad spot at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentient6 View Post
    What are you on about? Right now good healers are carrying a raid and are virtually unkillable. And next patch they will get some sick healing combos with shadowplay/occultism etc. I don't see healers being in a bad spot at all.
    In our server there are many epic erenor weapon darkrunners, archers and mages with very very high geared and high gear score players that know what to do in Shagiton server and we healers are getting killed so easily against the player nation's raid... Come Shagiton as healer and try to survive against player nation's raids in pvp. Their first targets are us that tanks are going inside of our raid and focus on us all the time and then their skullknights are making pulls, silence etc tons of CC and we are ripped that we even cannot move. Archeage pvp is a fast pace pvp that everything is finishing very fast right now in the legacy servers; because the people we are fighting against are +9k or +10k players that most of them their dps or gear scores are far better than most of our players in the raids in the nuia or haranya continents. Everyone joins to player nations already.Healers are good if your team is winning that noone is on you. There is no fair pvp left in the dead EU servers which everything is taken by player nations that thy make tons of gold for free and noone can oppose them anymore (thy have number, thy have tons of geared and active players) that noone can contest them anymore.

I am not trying to change the topic but how healers are so good ? I don't get it. I am 9k healer and these epic erenor weapon physical damage and even mages are killing me in short time because thy are too geared in dps term so thy burst tons of damage in short time on you and a blink of eye, you are dead as cloth healer .
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

Well of course you cannot do much if you get overrun by CC and then picked off, but the same would happen if you played literally any other class. It is just a matter of their raid being better.

If you look at it isolated, get all the tanky stats you can (10k+ pdef, 30k hp, 7k res, 5k toughness, 20%+ damage reduction unbuffed) and focus on received healing and damage to hp you won't die 1 v 1, ever. Especially if you get auramancy immune proc + shadowsong sleeves immune proc. I know healers that tank several dps for quite some time. Of course you also need your defensive items like kraken shield, serp shield and bloomfang, but that goes for every and any class.

And seriously if you are really a halfway geared healer even a staff mage will have trouble killing you, especially if you get disciplined performance procs on top of your crazy mdef. If I want to kill a healer I need to deep freeze + meteor them followed by gw cancel all while under stalkers mark. If I don't get the right crits, they just heal themselves up with one fervent healing. And if they get one immune proc in the process it's rip anyway. For reference, I am sitting at 1.5k mag attack unbuffed and 138% crit damage without zeal.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19