+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archeage 4.0 & 4.5 patch skill changes, and Archers will be over powered by Kooncoon

Telekinesis is worthless except for your cooldowns if its 1v1

Quote Originally Posted by YourDarkShadow View Post
    Try rework > Ocultism - Telekinesis

Pls Trion , consider rework Telekinesiss skill in ocultism, looks like hell OP skill.

when u compare 2 similar skills Bubble Tarap (Wichcraft) lift enemy in air around 10 seconds
    fine, because when enemy shot at u will break Bubble.

when u look on Telekinessis , enemy lift u in air for 12seconds, but damage dont brake it and u cant do anything to stop it. Looks way so OP like DR chain Trips or stuns.

4 solutions ,
    - like bubble trap damage brake it.
    -or u can try dispell it, didnt block all skills.
    -or lower time to 3-4seconds more similar like trips
    - or make it like erthen grip, enemy can react

12 seconds when u can be hit its to much

thx
    Pls consider this
    The Difference is: When you put Bubble trap on your enemy, you can still move, when you telekinesis him, you can't. Renders the skill entirely worthless in 1v1, makes it pretty okay in Group VS Group.
    And its absolutely breakable if you have Battlerage, Behind Enemy Lines breaks the Telekinesis :P
    "Great White" Grin
    Leader/Great Lord of <Mojo>

Yes, we are recruiting c:
    EU-Eanna
    Class: Hex Warden
    Pirate Faction - Mutiny
    Yes, I wear plate :v

Yes, in every single class
    Hobby-Theorycrafter
    RIP Kirelia 2k15 - June 2k16
    Yes, we made 2nd Place in MM with only 3 ppl against 3 factions at 4.4k GS AVG

3.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #73
    Quote Originally Posted by EskaLyons View Post
    Telekinesis is worthless except for your cooldowns if its 1v1
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicDito View Post
    The Difference is: When you put Bubble trap on your enemy, you can still move, when you telekinesis him, you can't. Renders the skill entirely worthless in 1v1, makes it pretty okay in Group VS Group.
    I would strongly disagree.

Cursed Thorns + TK = up to 12sec of free damage
    Fiend's Knell + TK = up to 12sec of free damage
    TK + Mana Force = about 30% HP as fall damage on flat ground

It's definitely not a COMMON spell. But when I see a witch/occ mage start casting TK in the arena, I am usually worried.

Telekinesis is a great but not broken skill. As previously stated it's primary balancing factor is the fact that while you are using it you can't do anything else (Other than allow abilities with on-going effects to continue.)

Where it is pretty awesome is say you are out with your low to medium gearscore buddies and all of a sudden some hotshot with 3k gearscore on all of you decides he's going to wipe you all. A skullknight in your group puts him in a TK and you all get a few seconds to beat on him mercilessly before he is able to act again.

So great on like a 3-5k Skullknight. Terrible on a 7k+ Skullknight (outside the previously mentioned uses such as thorns).

That's something that should stay in the game. Anything newbs can use to equalize the playing field against people who are way overgeared against them is good.
    Harbingers of Freedom - Dwarf - Vengeance
    Shield Healer (Hierophant)

"To hell with honor. Win!" - Harbingers of Freedom Motto
    Claiming you're a hardcore PvPer because you have good gear in a no-loot drop game is like claiming you have high spice tolerance because you eat Taco Bell fire sauce.

Archer is still and always will be the weakest class, mainly due to CC and lack of mitigation. Archer basically has no CC and battlerage can cancel all that archers do have. Mage cast time is faster than archer so mage can one shot any archer they see with God's whip macro. Battlerage with red Dragon glider can CC any archer within 80m with glider/ bel macro and archer cannot fight back once tripped even if it takes 10s to die...too busy napping
    Reckoning - Meow Meow Club Nation

Quote Originally Posted by luniz View Post
    Archer is still and always will be the weakest class, mainly due to CC and lack of mitigation. Archer basically has no CC and battlerage can cancel all that archers do have. Mage cast time is faster than archer so mage can one shot any archer they see with God's whip macro. Battlerage with red Dragon glider can CC any archer within 80m with glider/ bel macro and archer cannot fight back once tripped even if it takes 10s to die...too busy napping
    Aside from the glider, a lot of what you said is being addressed in "4.5" skill balance.
    archers will have clear anti-mage cc, like silence from concussive (which also has a built in disrupt/stagger) a pushback(cancels casts) and for those like me running occult in that patch, still get boneyard as well, though it will be magic based instead of ranged.
    the lack of mitigation will still be a major issue, but at the same time all other classes are bein tuned down, allowing longer and more skillful fights. I don't use cast time skills ( I ALWAYS use backdrop combo/flame conc) so aside from GW>fireball spellsinger spam, I have to say cast time isn't a factor. BR will be FAR EASIER to fight in 4.5, but only to those that know how to kite/react. Playing everything else by ear.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/xxbigbosscrossxx

Don’t really care how much better archers get. I will never play range classes=♥♥♥♥♥es that attack from afar and run. Little punks. I prefer getting in someone’s face.....IMO !! <———remember....my opinion.....just relax archers/mages lol

Sneak status change that kinda means a lot for certain classes...

but Rapid Strike and Mana Stars are now officially Slow statuses.

The days of occult archer are nearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenki View Post
    Sneak status change that kinda means a lot for certain classes...

but Rapid Strike and Mana Stars are now officially Slow statuses.

The days of occult archer are nearing.
    Arclher on the west plays some kind of skullnight archer build (archery instead of aura) I think it will be quite amazing in 4.5.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Youtube Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuU..._as=subscriber
    Twitter:
    https://twitter.com/xXBigBossCross1?lang=en
    Twitch Stream Channel:
    https://www.twitch.tv/xxbigbosscrossxx

Is an op archetype acceptable to trion by today's mmo standards? Have you examined this? Are you going to? Are you going to be proactive or just reactive? Should we expect that you work to release this patch with acceptable balance or are you communicating to the player base that you won't work to balance all archetypes, but rather just let one run rampant for years at a time?

If this balance patch does nothing but change the meta, then I'll be quitting, and likely taking several of my friends with me. We total 12 to 14 accounts. You have had several years to learn how to delicately change things. Not doing so at this point means it's intentional.

If you guys kill this game, this game that has so much potential, in less than five years, then you need to take a look at what you're doing within this industry, and why you're here.

If it's just to make a quick buck......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast