+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Archeage 4.0 & 4.5 patch skill changes, and Archers will be over powered by Kooncoon

There are still hard cc combos in BR, just read the combos
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
    As archer and like many other dps classes, you should target the cloth mages first and you kill them very easily believe me, I know^^. I am mage and my damage is okay for 4.8k gear score but once thy target me I die so fast even at 1vs1, they even don't let me do my combos. Some people say that mage is OP mage is strong, yes it is strong if you have a legendary weapon and if you make the first hit and cc ( but still you cannot kill the same gear score players with 1-2-3 hits as DR and Rangers are doing with +7k gear score with a few seconds ); otherwise, even how much gear score you have, you will die against other pyhsical damage dealers with same gear score no matter what... Apart from this, the mages who plays based on cast time skills to kill opponent a renot welcomed and it is very hard to play too in AA. In AA, there is only instant magical skills' users that thy only get in the raid pull ppl then use occutism, sorcery and auromancy instant skills to kill people, that's all. 150 classes are a joke in AA. You only can play maximum with 8 main classes.

I shared what is coming at 4.0 and 4.0b patches; so please check every classes' skill changes then make your judgement. Some people might say that without receiving the patches how can you guess ? AA is predictable and it has the same effects as the skill description and Trion doesn't have any rights to change the incoming content so we get whatever AA Korea has, there is no magic really... We have 3.5 patch now right ? and we were saying the coming skills changes or ancestral skills for mage are not so good and guess what ? the things we said came true ( EU has small scale pvp and it is even hard to find medium scale pvp and there is no way to find massive scale pvp; and these ancestral skills are mainly made for massive scale pvp so they don't have any use for 1vs1, small scale or even the medium scale pvp; because you need to get close and stay stable or cast the long cast time skills and so many things, no point to discuss mage here, anyway ). Who got the most advantage ? the other classes and these other classes are getting more useful things at 4.0 patch and 4.0b patch.
    I agree with you, i personally do think that most mage classes or rather most other classes as well are just not powerful enough. Having to cast for a long time as well as the cloth situation. Im a 4.8k Primeval, yes I do take out cloth users rather fast However most mages arent by themselves so usually the DR gank happens. I think the game has to re-evaluate cloth gear defense a bit as well. Cost for repairs on cloth shesh dont even get me started on that. Do gotta admit that some magic classes do reallly ♥♥♥♥ing good damage. I know personally, I get rekt by good Spell singers and Engimatists in open world pvp that know how to surprise attack ;D

1 CC/Stunlock is good enough for a DR. They also have skills to run away a bit, As well as movement skills where they are able to go back and forth across people, cant say ♥♥♥♥ about that. They are constant burst damage along with good movement range in an open scale pvp battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Xili View Post
    I agree with you, i personally do think that most mage classes or rather most other classes as well are just not powerful enough. Having to cast for a long time as well as the cloth situation. Im a 4.8k Primeval, yes I do take out cloth users rather fast However most mages arent by themselves so usually the DR gank happens. I think the game has to re-evaluate cloth gear defense a bit as well. Cost for repairs on cloth shesh dont even get me started on that. Do gotta admit that some magic classes do reallly ♥♥♥♥ing good damage. I know personally, I get rekt by good Spell singers and Engimatists in open world pvp that know how to surprise attack ;D
    I tried Spell singer, daggerspell and engimatists too and there are not focused on cast time skills, instead they are mainly using the instant magical damage skills to own other players and you have one chance to do your combo right... If you miss or fail or if you don't attack first with your cc and other skill combos, you are failed again. These three classes are good for sneaky surprise attacks to own players at 1vs1. However, thy are not good at at small scale and medium scale pvp; because the opponent team's DR in stealth will target the mages or you will be targeted by rangers.

I like to play as an aoe mage with casting skills ( if you realized that all magical ancestral skills are aoe skills which are not usefull at 1vs1 or small scale pvp; they are useful in medium and mass scale pvp but again you need a good tank and a controller then I can use my ice meteor and other skills ). Mage pvp is a joke at open world and even at fair arenas. For normal unfair arenas, mainly dr or rangers are coming and it is very hard for mages; because your opponents now what to do and there are generally +7k gs players with legendary weapons...

I read comments and some people deny that rangers will not be OP but thy will, especially with these many +7k gear score players. Now, DRs are popular but at this December, players will turn into Rangers... Dr wears leather too and thy have good bows too for more gear score right ?^^ so DRs can turn into rangers so easily and then the age of rangers will start this time like Kooncoon, think about it, why he started to play archer after 3 years of playing dark runner ? Rangers will start to gang and take over these darkrunners much easier this time. We know that most of these darkrunners or rangers are using macros to kill people so easy and even we report these people with real proofs, Trion doesn't take any actions or ban these people... Age of Rangers will come to us very soon and we cloth mages are doomed more than ever. Look at the 3.5 patch, who got the most benefit again ? DR then rangers and tanks then songcraft and healers then mages...
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

I tried Spell singer, daggerspell and engimatists too and there are not focused on cast time skills, instead they are mainly using the instant magical damage skills to own other players and you have one chance to do your combo right... If you miss or fail or if you don't attack first with your cc and other skill combos, you are failed again. These three classes are good for sneaky surprise attacks to own players at 1vs1. However, thy are not good at at small scale and medium scale pvp; because the opponent team's DR in stealth will target the mages or you will be targeted by rangers.

I like to play as an aoe mage with casting skills ( if you realized that all magical ancestral skills are aoe skills which are not usefull at 1vs1 or small scale pvp; they are useful in medium and mass scale pvp but again you need a good tank and a controller then I can use my ice meteor and other skills ). Mage pvp is a joke at open world and even at fair arenas. For normal unfair arenas, mainly dr or rangers are coming and it is very hard for mages; because your opponents now what to do and there are generally +7k gs players with legendary weapons...

I read comments and some people deny that rangers will not be OP but thy will, especially with these many +7k gear score players. Now, DRs are popular but at this December, players will turn into Rangers... Dr wears leather too and thy have good bows too for more gear score right ?^^ so DRs can turn into rangers so easily and then the age of rangers will start this time like Kooncoon, think about it, why he started to play archer after 3 years of playing dark runner ? Rangers will start to gang and take over these darkrunners much easier this time. We know that most of these darkrunners or rangers are using macros to kill people so easy and even we report these people with real proofs, Trion doesn't take any actions or ban these people... Age of Rangers will come to us very soon and we cloth mages are doomed more than ever. Look at the 3.5 patch, who got the most benefit again ? DR then rangers and tanks then songcraft and healers then mages...
    Theres two things people are forgetting in this upcoming "4.5" patch.

1. There is less mobility (instant teleports) in the most optimal dmg builds, like prime and dr.

2. There is less instant cc but that also means it is now EASIER to dps your opponent, and this goes for all dps classes.

The closest thing you'll get to a super mobile archer is "teleport arcane hunter"(arch/witch/aura), or my personal favorite, "movement speed shadehunter" (arch/occ/shadow), or trickster, which 2 lack stun breaks. The other, and most mobile one, lacks shadowplay, which will be almost a necessity for archery dps combos and utility. Im not saying they arent going to be good, but i think ppl are getting upset as if archery was op from the start~.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post

1. There is less mobility (instant teleports) in the most optimal dmg builds, like prime and dr.

2. There is less instant cc but that also means it is now EASIER to dps your opponent, and this goes for all dps classes.

The closest thing you'll get to a super mobile archer is "teleport arcane hunter"(arch/witch/aura), or my personal favorite, "movement speed shadehunter" (arch/occ/shadow), or trickster, which 2 lack stun breaks. The other, and most mobile one, lacks shadowplay, which will be almost a necessity for archery dps combos and utility. Im not saying they arent going to be good, but i think ppl are getting upset as if archery was op from the start~.
    what is your opinion about mage changes at 4.5 patch ( some says 4.0b patch ) and how the new patch will affect mages in the new patch when you read the all changes that are coming with 4.0 and 4.5 patch ? and survivability of mages how it will be against other classes ? thank you.
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post

I agree with this.
    Archery dmg was low, but in other side they was really hard to catch, so if they had nice dommage with that.. something like ranged DR.. no, thx.
    In te futur patch, they gonna do bigger dmg, but less mobility, so I think it can be balance, let see how it's gonna be before judge

And defiler is gonna be a pain for ranged class

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    I agree with this.
    Archery dmg was low, but in other side they was really hard to catch, so if they had nice dommage with that.. something like ranged DR.. no, thx.
    In te futur patch, they gonna do bigger dmg, but less mobility, so I think it can be balance, let see how it's gonna be before judge

And defiler is gonna be a pain for ranged class
    Idk about that last part.. Ask a few Defilers how that went for them against me. I think my most recent pvp video (see oracle thread) has a fight with a decent one in it.

Edit: I feel like archery should be more focused on the movement speed stat in general. I'm investing gear into it now, and should be roughly permanent 9.0 M/S (with full tricorn stacks, costume stat and archery passive, and new celerity gems) before any kind of movement speed steroid skill is active, when I'm finished.
    That will be insane for players that haven't invested in speed at all, especially those that neglected it all together in their boots. The only reason speed was "meh" at this time was due to all the instant teleports the few classes you saw had, ontop of instant ccs. These types of movement speed archers(and mages, as well as assassins) will breed a new challenge into the pvp world. teleports have been too reliant for too long, and they still will be for most, but those that can take advantage of the field around them will thrive in "4.5".

In case some wonder just how good 9 m/s is.. at 7.6 m/s now, I can move twice as fast my un-slotted alt(5.5m/s) *At all times*. At 9 m/s.. I'll be moving more than twice as fast as your average movement gemmed player (6.0-6.8m/s) *At all times*. 1 m/s goes a long way guys, so get to gemming.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

what is your opinion about mage changes at 4.5 patch ( some says 4.0b patch ) and how the new patch will affect mages in the new patch when you read the all changes that are coming with 4.0 and 4.5 patch ? and survivability of mages how it will be against other classes ? thank you.
    Mages will still be able to obliterate people with a GW weave and zeal. Mobility being put in witchcraft makes lamentor incredibly powerful for 1v1 and world pvp. Mages will actually kill other clothies with the poison combos on the electricity skills increasing mpen by an incredible amount. All your skills have less range and a bit less damage, but lower cool downs to compensate. Chain is also turning into an 8m range stun so there is some hard cc in a patch where the damage trees are losing most of their cc.

tl;dr Mage seems as good as it always has been, and is getting off easy compared to battlerage. Everything is barely translated though, and we wont really know how things are until we play it which people keep forgetting and screaming that it's the AA apocalypse without even trying it yet themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightmagus View Post
    Mages will still be able to obliterate people with a GW weave and zeal. Mobility being put in witchcraft makes lamentor incredibly powerful for 1v1 and world pvp. Mages will actually kill other clothies with the poison combos on the electricity skills increasing mpen by an incredible amount. All your skills have less range and a bit less damage, but lower cool downs to compensate. Chain is also turning into an 8m range stun so there is some hard cc in a patch where the damage trees are losing most of their cc.

tl;dr Mage seems as good as it always has been, and is getting off easy compared to battlerage. Everything is barely translated though, and we wont really know how things are until we play it which people keep forgetting and screaming that it's the AA apocalypse without even trying it yet themselves.
    xl has proven that they are the most inefficient and incompetent company in the mmo market. they have failed to balance classes for years so how can you expect a different outcome?. First archers were op for many months then DR op for OVER 2 YEARS, honestly I don't expect anything good from xl. They will fail as always that's one of the reasons of why AA is dying, pvp in this game is so important and is a joke. +120 classes and everybody playing DR for years is just a BIG JOKE and xl didn't care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast