+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Archeage 4.0 & 4.5 patch skill changes, and Archers will be over powered by Kooncoon

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Idk about that last part.. Ask a few Defilers how that went for them against me. I think my most recent pvp video (see oracle thread) has a fight with a decent one in it.
    Defiler gonna have the option to add Shadow step and mirror warp in his skill build with 4.5.
    So they've mobility now and still have lot of slow.
    They can, aswell, like you, ad lot of speed on his gear.
    So it's why they can be a good nemesis to archery class.
    Occ got also the bone cage and : + mud and + lasso (addd to defense in 4.5) + warp + step are a reallly good way for catch someone.

I don't say it's 100% sur to catch every archer and putt them down. But now if he's smart he have some good chance to obliterate lot of ranged class. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by zunzun View Post
    xl has proven that they are the most inefficient and incompetent company in the mmo market. they have failed to balance classes for years so how can you expect a different outcome?. First archers were op for many months then DR op for OVER 2 YEARS, honestly I don't expect anything good from xl. They will fail as always that's one of the reasons of why AA is dying, pvp in this game is so important and is a joke. +120 classes and everybody playing DR for years is just a BIG JOKE and xl didn't care.
    While class balance isn't something they do amazing well for sure, it's not what killed off significant portions of the population. Botched patch launches(auroria) p2w boxes still to this day affecting vital resources like archeum, and lunarite, and the removal of possible interaction with other players (housing zone pvp, cart blocking, ect.) You never hear about class balance being why this game has a bad rep or people quit. It's always how the game is run, or how p2w/exploiter friendly it is.

The only class that has been consistently in a terrible almost unplayable spot was archery after people got gems in their gear until 3.0. Even then you still had archers, and mages have always been kings at aoe, while melee dominated the arenas. A lot of games do it worse than this one. I'm honestly just happy they are trying now to make changes at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightmagus View Post
    While class balance isn't something they do amazing well for sure, it's not what killed off significant portions of the population. Botched patch launches(auroria) p2w boxes still to this day affecting vital resources like archeum, and lunarite, and the removal of possible interaction with other players (housing zone pvp, cart blocking, ect.) You never hear about class balance being why this game has a bad rep or people quit. It's always how the game is run, or how p2w/exploiter friendly it is.

The only class that has been consistently in a terrible almost unplayable spot was archery after people got gems in their gear until 3.0. Even then you still had archers, and mages have always been kings at aoe, while melee dominated the arenas. A lot of games do it worse than this one. I'm honestly just happy they are trying now to make changes at all.
    im completely disagree with you, don't you remember when xl killed archery? many many archers quit and the rest switched to dr. Pvp has a huge impact in this game, almost everything that reward good gold per labor take risk. If having more than 2 years of a class super op like DR and xl doing nothing but buffing them while killing Dr counters and nerfing already nerfed skill tree is not being incompetent I have nothing else to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Orack View Post
    Defiler gonna have the option to add Shadow step and mirror warp in his skill build with 4.5.
    So they've mobility now and still have lot of slow.
    They can, aswell, like you, ad lot of speed on his gear.
    So it's why they can be a good nemesis to archery class.
    Occ got also the bone cage and : + mud and + lasso (addd to defense in 4.5) + warp + step are a reallly good way for catch someone.

I don't say it's 100% sur to catch every archer and putt them down. But now if he's smart he have some good chance to obliterate lot of ranged class. ^^
    You right you right. I'll have to prepare myself for that power(speed) spike they get.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

I did not see anything OP in that video.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverhope View Post
    I did not see anything OP in that video.
    The "OP" you're looking for, that most are talking about, is archers that know how to move. Their skills arent op in the least, but its the fact that many people have trouble with archers that have fast fingers, making them seem "untouchable".
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

How do you justify using "nr of ppl playing class XYZ" as an indicator of how OP said class is?
    I chose melee because I played mage in RIFT and wanted to do something different this time. That's the only reason. I'm sure most ppl think that way.. I've tried to tell newbie archers that archers need far more money for gear to be relevant in end-game, but they sticked with archery because they like shooting arrows. And this is the right way to play IMHO. I certainly did not google "what is most OP class in AA" before I created my main.

Also, right now pvp is really dumb. it's over so fast, and in such an unsatisfying way, that I can hardly imagine how any change to the current balance could make it worse.
    I don't have an issue with Darkrunners, I have an issue with people being able to Tigerstrike three 4-5k gs enemies to death in one go. Everybody who says "but I have my mythic nodachi because I played a lot and I am entitled to being able to oneshot everyone below 6,5k" is just enjoying kicking puppies. This has nothing to do with skill at all, or with experience. Give me an 8k DR account and i will pwn with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Quaisoir View Post
    How do you justify using "nr of ppl playing class XYZ" as an indicator of how OP said class is?
    I chose melee because I played mage in RIFT and wanted to do something different this time. That's the only reason. I'm sure most ppl think that way.. I've tried to tell newbie archers that archers need far more money for gear to be relevant in end-game, but they sticked with archery because they like shooting arrows. And this is the right way to play IMHO. I certainly did not google "what is most OP class in AA" before I created my main.

Also, right now pvp is really dumb. it's over so fast, and in such an unsatisfying way, that I can hardly imagine how any change to the current balance could make it worse.
    I don't have an issue with Darkrunners, I have an issue with people being able to Tigerstrike three 4-5k gs enemies to death in one go. Everybody who says "but I have my mythic nodachi because I played a lot and I am entitled to being able to oneshot everyone below 6,5k" is just enjoying kicking puppies. This has nothing to do with skill at all, or with experience. Give me an 8k DR account and i will pwn with it.
    I love your view on how an mmo is played, i was going to melee+bow (outrider) but then got competitve and didnt want to be known as your everyday dr, so i stuck with archery, like every other game i play, and havent looked back since, but i still plan to go back to outrider one day.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Dude those guys were so undergeared damn...

What a ♥♥♥♥er!

Quote Originally Posted by MonolithD View Post
    Dude those guys were so undergeared damn...

What a ♥♥♥♥er!
    Haterz gonna hate
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4