+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Archeage 4.0 & 4.5 patch skill changes, and Archers will be over powered by Kooncoon

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    The positive from all this, is that nothing is ever set in stone. Things will be nerfed, buffed, and adjusted throughout our AA lives, sometimes immediately, sometimes in a couple years, all you can do in the long run is give your feedback after trying the chages out for yourself.

Being undergeared, considering the average gs, as of 2k17 is 6k-7k, isnt the fault of the game (kind of is, cuz its unbalanced to begin with) but you as the player are fully capable of reaching 6k in a matter of a few months, especially with the new gems coming, as long as you arent trying to play rng with non-prestige gems (pre 4.0), even honor gems, tho slightly worse, will be 100% gemmable in 4.0.

One big tip as well, is your weapon and costume > armor, unless you're a tank.
    I run around with 43% resistence to both dmg types, 1119dmg and 17k hp, as an archer, and have very successful and enjoyable gameplay, outside of a few salty seabugs raging over dying to an archer as a top dps mage/br spec.

You can invest in a good divine Mistsong weap, and full celest gear, and you'll feel like u wasted gold when u finally upgrade to divine, because thats how I felt. Your weapon is really all you need to focus on, a decent gear set with pvp gems will do you just fine.
    ya I'm at 5.9k gs but I'm a 2 hander plate dps the first one on NA with a epic erenor gs but I was just thinking of the lower gs people, I'm no amazing dps person atm yet but I still need a dps costume

Quote Originally Posted by Nithhoggr View Post
    ya I'm at 5.9k gs but I'm a 2 hander plate dps the first one on NA with a epic erenor gs but I was just thinking of the lower gs people, I'm no amazing dps person atm yet but I still need a dps costume
    hellspear - crows - mana-stars - until you can hit again you are -20% dps output and -40% slowed.. cursed seeds.. you dead
    adding any two skilltrees + some decent reaction and you aren't even able to set up a trip combo.
    one dmg tree kills you so easily without even being close to your gs.

@@Trusivraj: who did tell you that I'm playing tank? because.. I am not

Quote Originally Posted by Vr4r3X View Post
    @@Trusivraj: who did tell you that I'm playing tank? because.. I am not
    Do tell me then, what spec and armor type that you're using, that allows you to Basic Arrow people, except mages, to death. Any dps with a brain would kill you, no matter your "non-tank tankiness", as I've fought them all countless times.

Based on only using Basic Arrow against me:
    DW plate Argent = I win
    DW plate Abolisher = I win
    DW plate Blighter = I win
    DW plate anything else BR = I win

Leather.... I win

Cloth.... I win

Plate with shield = I lose
    Leather with shield = 50/50
    Cloth with shield = I win
    So what non tank class are you using, that can basic arrow to death even 10% of the 95% of players you beat?
    Im dying to know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vr4r3X View Post
    BR has never been the tree with the max dmg output in endgame-pvp so this patch is just killing one-hander skillbuilds for BR.
    Anyway nowadays you just need occultism plus tankyness or stealth or control to win all fights easily.
    I basically basic arrow 8,5K gs people to death with my divine buff.... except of buffed leg. staff+buff mages.
    It's just people don't know how to build up gear concepts.
    I know of the few occult specs that, when able to lock down their opponent, can kill you with cursed thorns alone. A good occ/shadow/witch player used to beat everyone on our server, with me being somewhat of an exception (50/50) but it was 80% balanced arena. In open world, he was paper, ofcoarse I am an archer, I dont have to get close to you to kill you, which is really the only reason his class shined against the rest, as a cloth user, is that there arent many good archers to fight, and melee/mage always like to get in your face to deal dmg, with the exeption of a few kite mages, which allowed his class to do its job.

With all that said, I think I understand what you were trying to say, with the whole "basic arrow" thing, simply saying your lock down and passive dmg can kill your opponents, while having plenty of counterplay to said class if people werent so linear with their skillsets. (Bondbreaker removes slow effect skills, and immunes them and other lassitude skills for a few seconds, which includes multi effect skills like throw dagger and cursed thorns).

As for gs, occ is magic dmg, so its dmg always goes through, doesnt matter if you face anyone 1-10k gs, outside of better geared clothies/Mdef specs, it will still do dmg. Thats why melee rage over sorc and occult alike, because they cant immune themselves to it, like they can parry or block ranged/melee. (They could, but they dont want to)
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Archery PvP Channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEK..._as=subscriber

Oracle & Archery Guide:
    http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...rent-into-3.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Trusivraj View Post
    Do tell me then, what spec and armor type that you're using, that allows you to Basic Arrow people, except mages, to death. Any dps with a brain would kill you, no matter your "non-tank tankiness", as I've fought them all countless times.

Based on only using Basic Arrow against me:
    DW plate Argent = I win
    DW plate Abolisher = I win
    DW plate Blighter = I win
    DW plate anything else BR = I win

Leather.... I win

Cloth.... I win

Plate with shield = I lose
    Leather with shield = 50/50
    Cloth with shield = I win
    So what non tank class are you using, that can basic arrow to death even 10% of the 95% of players you beat?
    Im dying to know.

I know of the few occult specs that, when able to lock down their opponent, can kill you with cursed thorns alone. A good occ/shadow/witch player used to beat everyone on our server, with me being somewhat of an exception (50/50) but it was 80% balanced arena. In open world, he was paper, ofcoarse I am an archer, I dont have to get close to you to kill you, which is really the only reason his class shined against the rest, as a cloth user, is that there arent many good archers to fight, and melee/mage always like to get in your face to deal dmg, with the exeption of a few kite mages, which allowed his class to do its job.

With all that said, I think I understand what you were trying to say, with the whole "basic arrow" thing, simply saying your lock down and passive dmg can kill your opponents, while having plenty of counterplay to said class if people werent so linear with their skillsets. (Bondbreaker removes slow effect skills, and immunes them and other lassitude skills for a few seconds, which includes multi effect skills like throw dagger and cursed thorns).

As for gs, occ is magic dmg, so its dmg always goes through, doesnt matter if you face anyone 1-10k gs, outside of better geared clothies/Mdef specs, it will still do dmg. Thats why melee rage over sorc and occult alike, because they cant immune themselves to it, like they can parry or block ranged/melee. (They could, but they dont want to)
    Pew this guy is full of crap I play Primeevil with 7186 GS just under 15k HP my fully buffed potted ranged ask is 1144. As far as the rest at work don't remember the rest but sure as hell I don't have even half the Pdef or Def Pen or Magic def I do good damage but any mele class CC me I am going down and as far as mages one Arc lightning does us in I got Crit by Glass the other day 45k dammage so don't any one say a caster is not OP and Archer is to OP lol no way in hell not yet at least

Quote Originally Posted by lewisgman69 View Post
    Pew this guy is full of crap I play Primeevil with 7186 GS just under 15k HP my fully buffed potted ranged ask is 1144. As far as the rest at work don't remember the rest but sure as hell I don't have even half the Pdef or Def Pen or Magic def I do good damage but any mele class CC me I am going down and as far as mages one Arc lightning does us in I got Crit by Glass the other day 45k dammage so don't any one say a caster is not OP and Archer is to OP lol no way in hell not yet at least
    Ahh glass.. ima miss him on TW. Had some fun times rekin his shizznick (let him say otherwise, I have recordings and would be happy to demonstrate lol) even said he couldnt wait for archery nerfs, LIKE WHAT?!, but yeah he can hit me for 75k arcs, with my feeble 17.7k hp and 43% mdef hehe

One thing I've come to learn from forums, is 9/10 ppl you discuss balance with only look at their class being good enough to kill anything, and when they lose to anything, even if its only 1 person of the same class they normally would beat, they call that class op and the person playing it carried by said class. I look at all angles, which is why you see my name in so many of these balance threads. xD
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Archery PvP Channel:

Oracle & Archery Guide:

As an archer for 3 + years - i find that the archer builds LACK when compared to all the other builds. To me archers are just tab targeted interference for the main group (kinda like what people do with their pets). Suicide bombers i guess you could say, because they know eventually they are going to die....
    Calliel - Trepetron
    Hanure - Trepetron
    Thunderwing - Osias
    Tempest(my retirement home) - Trepetron
    Fun Stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Trepetron View Post
    As an archer for 3 + years - i find that the archer builds LACK when compared to all the other builds. To me archers are just tab targeted interference for the main group (kinda like what people do with their pets). Suicide bombers i guess you could say, because they know eventually they are going to die....
    You are doing something wrong if this is your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Edwardo View Post
    You are doing something wrong if this is your experience.
    I agree, we may not blow up ppl in 1 second, but we arent the easiest target either, especially if you have obsidian/not gale (stamina) gear.
    Pew
    <The Oracle God>
    ♤Lord of Halcyona♤

Archery PvP Channel:

Oracle & Archery Guide:

Quote Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
    Interesting video of gear vs. gear. You need to actually have player vs. player to determine if a class is or isn't OP though. And whatever you want to call it, that wasn't PvP. At no point were the skills of either party tested. That was just him face-rolling them because his stats were better.

In the words of Koonkoon himself:

"You call this control?! This is not control!!!"

Try rework > Ocultism - Telekinesis

Pls Trion , consider rework Telekinesiss skill in ocultism, looks like hell OP skill.

when u compare 2 similar skills Bubble Tarap (Wichcraft) lift enemy in air around 10 seconds
    fine, because when enemy shot at u will break Bubble.

when u look on Telekinessis , enemy lift u in air for 12seconds, but damage dont brake it and u cant do anything to stop it. Looks way so OP like DR chain Trips or stuns.

4 solutions ,
    - like bubble trap damage brake it.
    -or u can try dispell it, didnt block all skills.
    -or lower time to 3-4seconds more similar like trips
    - or make it like erthen grip, enemy can react

12 seconds when u can be hit its to much

thx
    Pls consider this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast