+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Archeage 101: Healers

Archeage 101: Healers

This week's video is on healers. Its part 1 of 2 because the servers were coming down and I haven't been able to create a level 1.

Coming up with future videos is going to be mounts, battle pets, leveling past 50, and possibly even how to do UCCs.
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post

Nice video, do you have videos for mages too like this one ? thank you.
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

Very helpful video, thanks! A couple of quick questions. I just recently re-rolled healer and have been trying to figure out the best approaches to things.

You don't recommend spending the point for Quick Recovery because getting hit by a crit is something to avoid, but my understanding was that the reset also occurs when one of your heals crits and that is why we should be throwing out resurgence as much as possible for opportunities to crit and trigger reset and/or zeal. Has this changed, or is it just not worth spending a point on regardless?

You are a very high gs healer from my perspective (tanky, 4k resil, epic buff, and 1400 healing) - so you obviously can get a way with a few things a weaker character can't. Would your advice differ greatly for plebs like myself? Specifically more typical low to moderately geared healers with divine and approx 5.5-6.5k gs, 800-1000 healing power? For example the lack of any mobility skills in Aura seems risky unless you can take a hit.

Thanks!

You don't recommend spending the point for Quick Recovery because getting hit by a crit is something to avoid, but my understanding was that the reset also occurs when one of your heals crits and that is why we should be throwing out resurgence as much as possible for opportunities to crit and trigger reset and/or zeal. Has this changed, or is it just not worth spending a point on regardless?
    Very astute insight, and honestly one I should have noticed myself in post-production. I suppose it really boils down to which Fervent Healing you are running along with Mend. However, on the critical heal portion, the reason why I forgot to mention it, is because my crit heal rate is so high, Quick Recovery was triggering all the time when I didn't need it and then it was locked out for 12 seconds. A build like Paladin or Argent that is using only a handful of heals needs those heals, especially Fervent Healing, to be off cool-down when things hit the fan.

On my YouTube Dweeb also mentioned this, so this really does become a matter of personal preference and play style.

You are a very high gs healer from my perspective (tanky, 4k resil, epic buff, and 1400 healing) - so you obviously can get a way with a few things a weaker character can't. Would your advice differ greatly for plebs like myself? Specifically more typical low to moderately geared healers with divine and approx 5.5-6.5k gs, 800-1000 healing power? For example the lack of any mobility skills in Aura seems risky unless you can take a hit.
    This is going to sound slightly odd, but no. My advice really wouldn't change that much. Maybe a point here for a point there, like you said maybe I'd give up thwart again for Teleport. Being a healer is a lot like what Rocky said: Its not about how hard you can hit. Its about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward.

Being in the middle of the storm, being the last healer standing, doing everything you can to keep people up, that's where a healer cuts their teeth. That's when you know you have it, when you don't panic and you live with 23 HP.

Now, does gear make a difference: Hell Yes. I won't lie to you and say that gear doesn't make a difference. In the gearing guide I will be walking people through the gear they want and the order they want it. But the sneak peak at the moment is

Weapon > Pants > Chest > Gloves > Shield (Mistsong One) > whatever else you can get as you can get it.
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Savitar View Post
    Nice video, do you have videos for mages too like this one ? thank you.
    The only one I will have is for healers because it is what I play.

For the other classes I will have to work double hard to interview some good mages, archers and melee I know to know why they do the things they do. _
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    The only one I will have is for healers because it is what I play.

For the other classes I will have to work double hard to interview some good mages, archers and melee I know to know why they do the things they do. _
    I will be very happy if you make a guide for mages too. Thank you very much for your reply too.
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

+ Reply to Thread