+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Soothesayer help!

Question Soothesayer help!

I have been playing this class since level 10 and I feel it has potential but I dont know what that might be. So im wanting to know from more experienced players. I'm wanting to know what gear is best for a dps and heals soothesayer? Is this class at all any good, like would you want one in your party? If it's not good at dps wants a good alternate class to switch to keep the same gear for dps? Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by LAPandaMan View Post
    I have been playing this class since level 10 and I feel it has potential but I dont know what that might be. So im wanting to know from more experienced players. I'm wanting to know what gear is best for a dps and heals soothesayer? Is this class at all any good, like would you want one in your party? If it's not good at dps wants a good alternate class to switch to keep the same gear for dps? Thanks ahead of time for your help!
    First and foremost, are you looking to be a healer who can do damage? Or are you looking to be a DPS who can heal?

Second, when you say DPS are you talking about magic DPS from the Vitalism tree, or are you looking to do melee damage from the Shadowplay tree? This is a first important question because its going to determine what your weapon options are.

Traditionally, this Soothsayer hasn't been a DPS class, but instead a healer with the ability to disengage from combat, stealth, and then ninja-rez several fallen teammates in order to get back into the PvP fight. It become very difficult to fully wipe people when you have to basically babysit their dead until the timer runs out.

If you do end up doing Soothsayer but need to be able to do more DPS while grinding, you can also do Confessor: Shadowplay, Songcraft, Vitalism. This gives you access to Songcraft for Zeal and then you just Holy Bolt spam when you are mob grinding. Not as fast as other classes, but at least you can do it while watching a movie.

Need the answers to the first couple questions before any guidance can be given.

Finally, I have recently done a YouTube video on healing, which you might find useful for the Vitalism part.

Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

First and foremost, are you looking to be a healer who can do damage? Or are you looking to be a DPS who can heal?
    That not the only way..

I've play Soothsayer way before this kind of class like argent be popular with new Obsi Shortspear.
    At the start Soothsayer is a very mobile healer.
    That make him really really hard to kill if you have the good timing.
    It's also one of the only healer who can rez in fight with is hide ability.
    He can easily go in front raid for heal some and go back very fast in secure.

I had lot of fun playing with in all content (dung, boss, small scall, raid pvp, ..)

You don't need to DPS for be a shootsayer, you can be a true healer.

I've play Soothsayer way before this kind of class like argent be popular with new Obsi Shortspear.
    Well that is the reason I asked if he's looking to be a healer who can do damage, or a DPS who can heal. The decision of a Club, Obsidian Club or Obsidian Shortspear is one you have to make early on, because especially in the aspect of the Obsidian weapons once you make it you are committed.

As far as being a true healer, yes, you can be a true healer, but then again you can be a true healer with any Vitalism + Auramancy Class provided you put your points in the right places.
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Np mate, I've misunderstanding your point I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post

Second, when you say DPS are you talking about magic DPS from the Vitalism tree, or are you looking to do melee damage from the Shadowplay tree? This is a first important question because its going to determine what your weapon options are.
    I want to be a heals witht the option of dps, i want to be able to grind and also defend myself in world pvp. But I'm not sure if it should be the other way around because I haven't really done of the dungeons, raids, or PvP. I like healing but I don't like being one thing souly, I like being versatile even if that means not being the best at any one thing.

Well if you want to be heals with the option of DPS, I recommend a Club, and with the recent changes in how crafting is done, its more advantageous to go up the standard crafting line and eventually get yourself to Erenor on your weapon (rather than get to a decent Obsidian Tier and Grade then having to start over).

As far as versatility, luckily with the changes to Vitalism in 3.5 we can put out as much damage as a DPS class just with our healing spells. Holy Bolt and Antithesis may be boring to rotate in-between, but the damage is second to none. The best part of this damage is that while you are working on making yourself a better healing, you are at all time increases the damage you do.
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jahlon View Post
    Well if you want to be heals with the option of DPS, I recommend a Club, and with the recent changes in how crafting is done, its more advantageous to go up the standard crafting line and eventually get yourself to Erenor on your weapon (rather than get to a decent Obsidian Tier and Grade then having to start over).

As far as versatility, luckily with the changes to Vitalism in 3.5 we can put out as much damage as a DPS class just with our healing spells. Holy Bolt and Antithesis may be boring to rotate in-between, but the damage is second to none. The best part of this damage is that while you are working on making yourself a better healing, you are at all time increases the damage you do.
    When you say club do you mean 2handed club?what armor do I wear? Do you have any good specs? Right now im doing the leather with dual weild and dps from shadowplay. But I can see how that that is the opposite of what I want to do.

I was playing mine with 2h Greatclub.
    But if you do that you need to learn how to dodge and timing cuz you're in paper.

If you want a bit more safety you can run 1h club + shield.

Quote Originally Posted by LAPandaMan View Post
    When you say club do you mean 2handed club?what armor do I wear? Do you have any good specs? Right now im doing the leather with dual weild and dps from shadowplay. But I can see how that that is the opposite of what I want to do.
    I highly highly recommend a Club and Shield for healers because normally healers run Cloth, and with Cloth you have a huge massive hole in your physical defense that you plug with a shield. Like Orack Said, you can run a 2-hander and do bigger damage and bigger heals, but you are a one-shot pony)

I will tell you, that your line of thinking is fine, however, you are going to want a big giant ole expensive weapon. If you have a solid weapon, even if you get tired of healing, you can still branch out to other classes like Assassin (Shadow/Witch/Vitalism) if you want to have some other fun.

You can even do the dual-wield thing, you just put your healing weapon in the main hand and a dual-wield weapon. I ran a Cold Anguish and/or a Searing Oath depending on what I needed when I was doing assassin.
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast