+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Where are my crests? (Non Evo server)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkshinera View Post
    Trion ticket reply , its fun
    Yep I got the same response. I'm not trying to create a new crest! That's what it looks like those instructions are assuming. These are crests that have been made and been on display in game in various frames and flags for quite some time now until today. Even some made by friends and not me. This suggestion doesn't even make sense for the situation. -_-
    ~ Krison Mystic ~
    Proud Member of WhiteRaven
    Eanna Server - East Faction

OK so an odd turn of events, a guild mate of mine stopped by my house and could see my crests! They saw them in my frames and on my flags as normal. But, I still could not, and a few others that looked also could not. So, the images have to still exist somewhere on the server. Is my account just denied access to that location? :P

Is there a some kinda "Temp" folder on my computer where the game downloads any crests I might come across when playing the game? (mine as well as other players)
    ~ Krison Mystic ~

3.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #43
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krison View Post
    OK so an odd turn of events, a guild mate of mine stopped by my house and could see my crests! They saw them in my frames and on my flags as normal. But, I still could not, and a few others that looked also could not. So, the images have to still exist somewhere on the server. Is my account just denied access to that location? :P

Is there a some kinda "Temp" folder on my computer where the game downloads any crests I might come across when playing the game? (mine as well as other players)
    Hey, so, an idea.

Can your friend send you their "C:\users\<your_username_here>\documents\archeage\ user\UCC\down" folder? Like just straight copy it, send it to you, and you put it into your directory.

There are times when doing that can fix your UCC folder where deleting it will not, and it will restore your visual sight over UCCs. If you can try that, let us know if it works or not. It would help us track the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Hey, so, an idea.

Can your friend send you their "C:\users\<your_username_here>\documents\archeage\ user\UCC\down" folder? Like just straight copy it, send it to you, and you put it into your directory.

There are times when doing that can fix your UCC folder where deleting it will not, and it will restore your visual sight over UCCs. If you can try that, let us know if it works or not. It would help us track the issue.
    I'll see if I can give that a try once the servers are back up...
    ~ Krison Mystic ~

Hey, so, an idea.

Confirmed! Doing this did make the crests show up for my log in as well!

I assume because they already had copies of the images saved into this folder previously? So, new images are not being downloaded to my folder (perhaps this copied folder too?). It's just reading a previously downloaded copy in this folder?
    ~ Krison Mystic ~

6.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #46
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krison View Post
    Confirmed! Doing this did make the crests show up for my log in as well!

I assume because they already had copies of the images saved into this folder previously? So, new images are not being downloaded to my folder (perhaps this copied folder too?). It's just reading a previously downloaded copy in this folder?
    It's a corruption of your old images. For some reason overwriting them can fix them where deleting your folder may not. It also fixes the problem for future crests.

So this places the issue squarely on folks somehow getting corrupted folders and, unfortunately, there's no good way for us to fix that outside of everyone just sharing UCC folders with one another and forcing the issue to be resolved. The other thing that fixes is is a reinstall.

It's a corruption of your old images. For some reason overwriting them can fix them where deleting your folder may not. It also fixes the problem for future crests.

So this places the issue squarely on folks somehow getting corrupted folders and, unfortunately, there's no good way for us to fix that outside of everyone just sharing UCC folders with one another and forcing the issue to be resolved. The other thing that fixes is is a reinstall.
    That doesn't make sense to me though. Deleting the folder and having it recreated should fix any corruption. Unless some other part of the program files is corrupted besides this folder. I'm seeing a lot of SST files in the copied folder that were not in my original or re-created folder. I'm guessing these files actually contain the images of crests seen before?

I did come across a few other frames in game after doing this that did not load up for me. I would assume it is just loading local versions of the crests that are in the folder (as sst files) and any others that I come across it doesn't recognize and can't download/receive.

Basically, it's a partial band-aid for some crests but not all images.
    ~ Krison Mystic ~

So after reading all of this, are we now forced to make every crest anew and delete our old UCC folder?

I didn't think so, I want a fix!!

I am not going to buy another 25 Crest Brainstorm while my server was not supposed to be affected by these changes.
    I am also not going to tear down all my "blank canvasses" just so I can reapply the crests. Some of my crests needed more than 1 blank canvasses and it took me more than 30 mins each to place them so you don't see a line in between the canvasses.

I can't be bothered to do all these again while I am not the one that is responsible for this issue. Everything was working fine up until the merges, you (Trion) somehow messed up the files, so we want a proper fix. Shatigon is not affected by this, only Eanna is, so you probably did something internally causing the files to get messed up.

Fix it please. It is your responsibility and the LEAST you could do.

Can your friend send you their "C:\users\<your_username_here>\documents\arche age\ user\UCC\down" folder? Like just straight copy it, send it to you, and you put it into your directory.
    I have try with 3 folder friend, and don't work. I have few crest was a gift and player have stop the game. How reapply the crest ?

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    So after reading all of this, are we now forced to make every crest anew and delete our old UCC folder?

I didn't think so, I want a fix!!

I am not going to buy another 25 Crest Brainstorm while my server was not supposed to be affected by these changes.
    I am also not going to tear down all my "blank canvasses" just so I can reapply the crests. Some of my crests needed more than 1 blank canvasses and it took me more than 30 mins each to place them so you don't see a line in between the canvasses.

I can't be bothered to do all these again while I am not the one that is responsible for this issue. Everything was working fine up until the merges, you (Trion) somehow messed up the files, so we want a proper fix. Shatigon is not affected by this, only Eanna is, so you probably did something internally causing the files to get messed up.

Fix it please. It is your responsibility and the LEAST you could do.
    Actually, after the last post it sounds like they want everyone effected to un-install and re-install the game. I'm not in a hurry to try that out myself. I have tried renaming and recreating my entire USER folder without any luck. I'm not hopeful that a game reinstall will fix anything considering there wasn't any patch or download that caused the problem.
    ~ Krison Mystic ~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast