+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Very expensive evolution

Quote Originally Posted by GrowlingMoose View Post
    Oh the times around launch when you lived homeless for several months and everything was fine..
    Its one thing when you are starting, its another when you had a lotta plots and your game was kinda locked cause of it

Quote Originally Posted by Tahras View Post
    Oh yes I was shocked if I came some hours later online, cuz I had to work on sunday. Spend a lot of money for 5 buildings and around 8 moves to find a nice place cuz housing is one of the favorite part of my AA gaming and saw: massive new buildings.

I never ever thought that they allowing ppl to build new builds, thought we have enough time to place our old places.

For me, the logical plan were:

Server on, 24 delay, building old builds (means the buildings in your mail), 24 delay, build new buildings if you find place.

So all my buildings are still in the bag cuz all the fine places are done with new builds of ppl wich had the time to come online at the same time the delay was done.

And NO, placing a house in a non-peace-zone is NOT housing fun!!

I cant understand why they allowing new buildings, but ok, thats the reason I left my buildings in the bag, close the bag, close the game and searching for a new. All fun for me is done, congrats on everyone wich had luck to find a place and the housing fun again.
    This is good. 100 replies and 4k views. Shouldn't we see a GM response at this point about any of this. Remember transparency. Playerbase is making a request here, even if it isn't clear. This is how you increase and maintain trust and hope from your playerbase whom pay the bills.

Let's go Staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofizzix View Post
    ?...
    @ careby
    Regarding the unbuilt chatlet, you didn't plan ahead then if you waited until two weeks before the move. We had six weeks of notice give or take to plan out and get our stuff built.
    All I can say is that we have different notions of what it means to plan ahead. Look, I understand some people are unhappy because they were evolved to a new server and lost their land. I don't think land rushes are fun. But part of planning ahead is realizing that with three servers merging into one, a lot of people will have to relocate. Realizing that some players would claim extra land to resell for profit. Realizing that it might be necessary to actually put some effort into finding a suitable available spot. I understand the unhappiness, but not the grasping at straws and the placing of blame where it does not belong. We all knew, or should have known, the rules going in. I didn't like them, but made the best of it and got what I needed. And 24 hours later, on Conviction, there was enough space left in decent locations that I could have done it all over again.

that open the transfers, then with the 4 servers that were left free open a fresh start, and all new people instead of entering the evolved servers will go to the fresh ... a cycle where it does not allow the entry of new people.
    Equally, new people would not take place in the Evo, there is no land in the peace zones.
    Trion the great game destroyer.

the fishing was very bad, if at least I could use my 230k fishing. Fishing alone is boring and dangerous.
    No houses without fishing ... thanks trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Careby View Post
    All I can say is that we have different notions of what it means to plan ahead. Look, I understand some people are unhappy because they were evolved to a new server and lost their land. I don't think land rushes are fun. But part of planning ahead is realizing that with three servers merging into one, a lot of people will have to relocate. Realizing that some players would claim extra land to resell for profit. Realizing that it might be necessary to actually put some effort into finding a suitable available spot. I understand the unhappiness, but not the grasping at straws and the placing of blame where it does not belong. We all knew, or should have known, the rules going in. I didn't like them, but made the best of it and got what I needed. And 24 hours later, on Conviction, there was enough space left in decent locations that I could have done it all over again.
    I agree with the first part about not agreeing on what it means to plan ahead. I also believe most people who stuck it out understood the risk of competing with others in a click battle for properties. I disagree that it's grasping at straws to say that there are things about the merge that could have been planned better by Trion. Letting new constructions be placed immediately was a poor decision IMO.

As I stated in my very first post is that Trion should have disabled the placement of new properties for an additional 12 - 24 hours so people with kits - which just about anyone should have had - so that people who's primary home was uprooted would have a chance to get at least one primary residence placed before the new constructions went down.

Congrats you got your places on Conviction. Unfortunately, the story is a bit different on Thunderwing west side. The best I found was a couple of 16's in Rockhala with my east alt, some marine housing space in Solzreed, and a handful of 8's scattered here and there in the different zones. Saw plenty of 0% new constructions though. My search continues.

I'm on thunderwing and did not have issues with land at all. I did, of course, actually plan out what land I wanted to take and backup options if that went awry. I went there and checked on it a little before the land rush started and was ready to go as soon as that message popped up. I placed a 28 house, a 24 house, a 24 farmhouse, and 5 gazebos. Furthermore, guildies were able to place a ridiculous amount of land all around me. What makes this even worse is one of my guildies was actually late in the area and we were able to help him find a spot for his alts lands (connected) and his mansion with quite a bit of room left around it a few hours after the land rush.

TL : DR

You should have planned. If you didn't have complete confidence in yourself being able to be faster than the mass of competition that you should have expected, you should have picked a less popular spot.

Rage Quit = Most of those ppl quit after 1 fail. Even on Retribtuion is still enough space for houses. He either didn't look properly or he couldn't get what he wanted.

Does that remind u of something? Maybe the reallife?

#lifeisbitter
    Loratio from Exiled, Nuian
    Server: Gildaron

Quote Originally Posted by crypticinsanity View Post
    I'm on thunderwing and did not have issues with land at all. I did, of course, actually plan out what land I wanted to take and backup options if that went awry. I went there and checked on it a little before the land rush started and was ready to go as soon as that message popped up. I placed a 28 house, a 24 house, a 24 farmhouse, and 5 gazebos. Furthermore, guildies were able to place a ridiculous amount of land all around me. What makes this even worse is one of my guildies was actually late in the area and we were able to help him find a spot for his alts lands (connected) and his mansion with quite a bit of room left around it a few hours after the land rush.

TL : DR

You should have planned. If you didn't have complete confidence in yourself being able to be faster than the mass of competition that you should have expected, you should have picked a less popular spot.
    I play from the beginning of morpheus and I cost a lot of gold to buy the land, now I will not spend again. It is unfair.
    To put a castle in a place that is not worth anything directly I do not use it.

with the transfers again, I think it can improve, I would say that a lot of people are going to go from tunderwhing, it is unplayable from the lag that gives in the luscas and reset. When there are large raids, everything is frozen, takes a long time to get the data, there are delays of up to 2 minutes for the vehicles to be summoned.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast