+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fresh Start AH & the Future

Fresh Start AH & the Future

Right now the top guilds on Vengeance ( Tea Time for Kittens ) and Reckoning ( OwO / Spicy ) all have near or above 6k average gear scores. Only a couple of guilds on legacy servers have guilds with a significantly higher gear score than that. On the fresh start servers the players who are going to have high gear scores have them, the players that don't likely never will.

Right now the Auction House for Vengeance and Reckoning is pretty much dead. The longer it stays like this the more dead it will become. There's hardly anyone producing high end items and the prices on cheaper items are inflated because there's not enough people.

In the last Fresh Start server ( Morpheus ) they merged the AH clusters before they allowed transfers to legacy servers. I think it's definitely time to start that process. The geared players are at the point of being ready for legacy but even if transfers aren't soon it would be very beneficial to everyone to merge the Fresh Start and Legacy AH's soon.

<Tea Time for Kittens>

A lot of users said this situation.
    But they left us with our fate.
    Evo good, legacy economy pretty good.
    but SINCE MONTHS Fs economy the worst of the worst.
    Everyday with the merge ,even more worst.
    What can we do ? i wonder are they waiting all ppl change their servers to legacy or leaving game completely? i dont know.
    as if they left us alone....

I agree, it's about time they linked Legacy AH with FS.

Quote Originally Posted by SHINYA View Post
    Right now the top guilds on Vengeance ( Tea Time for Kittens ) and Reckoning ( OwO / Spicy ) all have near or above 6k average gear scores. Only a couple of guilds on legacy servers have guilds with a significantly higher gear score than that. On the fresh start servers the players who are going to have high gear scores have them, the players that don't likely never will.

Right now the Auction House for Vengeance and Reckoning is pretty much dead. The longer it stays like this the more dead it will become. There's hardly anyone producing high end items and the prices on cheaper items are inflated because there's not enough people.

In the last Fresh Start server ( Morpheus ) they merged the AH clusters before they allowed transfers to legacy servers. I think it's definitely time to start that process. The geared players are at the point of being ready for legacy but even if transfers aren't soon it would be very beneficial to everyone to merge the Fresh Start and Legacy AH's soon.
    Trion should never open server transfers for fresh servers to legacy servers along with not merging the AHs. Because you made that choice to go there and once you dominate the whole fresh server and gear up but you cannot gear up further now; because it is fresh server. Then you want Trion to merge AH then open server transfer. But most of players are not geared like these dominating guilds or mega multi-account owners... Fresh Servers are only good for maximum 3 months in AA, that's all. To stay in legacy server is always much better. Personally, I made the first mistake with my 1st fresh server so I stayed in legacy at next new fresh server... Wait 4.0 patch and you get another fresh server that will make you happy for another 3 months then that new server's players will come and start to complain here like many other old threads of other fresh servers...

Fresh Servers are mainly for these kind of players ( no offense here but it is the reality of the AA unfortunately ) == Scammer players, most hated players, the guilds with their members who are failed to dominate the whole server or players with some guilds who scammed everyone and caused to ruin the their faction or the whole server etc. but then kicked out from the whole faction and these kind of players are gathering from all over the NA fresh servers or EU fresh servers each time and these players are made the %70 of the whole new fresh server too.

Then what happens ? all the same negative things we experienced at legacy servers which we wanted to start in fresh server to make a fresh start and not to experience the same things. However, every time, these kinds are happening over and over again... And Trion doesn't do anything about it, never...

%30 of remained players are total newbies+returning players+players who want to make a fresh start for fair pvp, equal gears ( it is an illusion for maximum 1 month then again mega multi account players, p2w players; and zerging dominator guilds that deceive players for the end game content loot and using DKP system for the management side to get gear up so much then thy scam players at the end; then go to pirate side then thy make a player nation. They gear up so much and you one shot ppl like legacy servers that you reach the same legacy server gear scores most likely. Then you make complains and want Trion to open transfers. You were saying " there is no pvp " etc excuses but once transfer is opened, you join the legacy servers' player nations Noone wants to contest but want to get all free end game loot to gear up more and more, there is no end for greed really. That's why, noone wants to play AA or leave AA or complain about AA everywhere... Then, these high gear scores start to say low gear scores " you are farmers , plebs etc and mocking speeches ". But AA is not our real life like these people and we gear up with our own effort with one account...

The things I wrote the issues of fresh servers and legacy servers too. Only %5 percent of players can access to end game content of AA and they make free golds and having more fun from the game unlike the other rest...
    Once upon a time, a warborn was born in Prophecy and the warborn decided to play in Sirothe to gear up by farming gold in a safe,peaceful with lot's of sea salt environment

That's why you don't jump on fresh start hype train. Hope they don't open another fresh start server again. It's bad for population of other servers as well.
    They need to improve the "gear score improving" methods for new players on legacy servers, that's all. A game that needs merges doesn't need new servers.

Fresh start... never again.

It's never different this time, no matter what they are trying to sell you.

Claim.
    Craft.
    Conquer.

My toon on Vengeance is presently working on finishing a set of Epherium cloth. When that is done, I will tier it to delp and then start regarding in earnest.

It is true that the auction house is pretty sad.

That being said, you can craft obsidian with little or no proficiency, or build up your proficiency and go for the full crafted. 80-90% of what is on my toons, I craft. For other items besides armor, Mistmerrow and Serpentis offer good stuff, all of which is upgradeable.

Run library and dungeons to get mats.

I guess I am just confused why the AH is being looked at as "The Source" for GS. If you are relying on APEX and just want to gear ASAP, well, it blows. It took me nearly a year to get to 6k, by doing the above. I am presently starting to work on getting that nifty Ayanad Library Earring... You know, the one you have to work for.

I am not saying anybody is wrong - I just think it is all about perspective.

As an example, I started the day with about 2.5k gold. I pulled out mats and made about 10 sails because, well, I needed a sail. I bought 100 ship component scrolls for 315g from the AH. I regraded everything up to celestial and then started the nukefest. When it was all said and done, my ship now has a legendary sail and I sold 3 epics for about 3.6k. I was feeling lucky and went for shields and cannons. I kept 2 epic shields and 2 epic cannon, and sold off an epic cannon for 2.5k. I thus ended my day with the same amount of gold I started with. All of it is doable, it just takes time and effort.

If I was in a rush to get to that magic 6k, though, yes, I would be grumbling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Hammer View Post
    All of it is doable, it just takes time and effort.
    Or cash... never forget the cash. You an just pay to skip over it all and be wrecking face by the end of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    Or cash... never forget the cash. You an just pay to skip over it all and be wrecking face by the end of the day.
    Well... Seeing as the whole point of the thread is the abysmal situation in the AH on the FS servers, I felt it proper to include the other options...

But yes, cash works well in most other situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Hammer View Post
    Claim.
    Craft.
    Conquer.

My toon on Vengeance is presently working on finishing a set of Epherium cloth. When that is done, I will tier it to delp and then start regarding in earnest.

It is true that the auction house is pretty sad.

That being said, you can craft obsidian with little or no proficiency, or build up your proficiency and go for the full crafted. 80-90% of what is on my toons, I craft. For other items besides armor, Mistmerrow and Serpentis offer good stuff, all of which is upgradeable.

Run library and dungeons to get mats.

I guess I am just confused why the AH is being looked at as "The Source" for GS. If you are relying on APEX and just want to gear ASAP, well, it blows. It took me nearly a year to get to 6k, by doing the above. I am presently starting to work on getting that nifty Ayanad Library Earring... You know, the one you have to work for.

I am not saying anybody is wrong - I just think it is all about perspective.

As an example, I started the day with about 2.5k gold. I pulled out mats and made about 10 sails because, well, I needed a sail. I bought 100 ship component scrolls for 315g from the AH. I regraded everything up to celestial and then started the nukefest. When it was all said and done, my ship now has a legendary sail and I sold 3 epics for about 3.6k. I was feeling lucky and went for shields and cannons. I kept 2 epic shields and 2 epic cannon, and sold off an epic cannon for 2.5k. I thus ended my day with the same amount of gold I started with. All of it is doable, it just takes time and effort.

If I was in a rush to get to that magic 6k, though, yes, I would be grumbling as well.
    I'm speaking for the players that are already 6k+ ( I'm almost 7100 ).

Players like you, and there's nothing wrong with this, don't really get impacted by merging AH or allowing transfers to/from the server. The top players on Fresh Start are all just free farming, nothing changes for you if those top players keep farming or more players come in to contest them.

The AH is a reflection of the activity of the server/cluster, it's not "the source" for GS. Also, the biggest problem, is with the activity of fresh start pretty much being dead there are a ton of mats that are almost nonexistent - like glenn / vyrava mats and both of those are in a ton of t6 recipes.

<Tea Time for Kittens>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast