+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fresh Start AH & the Future

Quote Originally Posted by SHINYA View Post
    The AH is a reflection of the activity of the server/cluster, it's not "the source" for GS. Also, the biggest problem, is with the activity of fresh start pretty much being dead there are a ton of mats that are almost nonexistent - like glenn / vyrava mats and both of those are in a ton of t6 recipes.
    Well vyrava is easy to get just need 10 members 5k+ gs.. Glenn is tricky but do able with 20. We as a guild took 1.5 month to build up members now we farm it a few times a week. Al depend on your dedication.

The problem with the current AH is that you're able to buy like all lumber of the AH and sell it for 3x the money.
    This is just an example but happens alot with other mats to like wave lunarite and such.

In other words the economic is unstable.

Right now the Auction House for Vengeance and Reckoning is pretty much dead. The longer it stays like this the more dead it will become. There's hardly anyone producing high end items and the prices on cheaper items are inflated because there's not enough people.
    Oh look, this same exact problem that's been expressed on Rangora, Morpheus, and more than twice already on the current fresh start servers that can easily be solved if players actually stopped relying on the auction house for their goods and slugged through "the grind".

The ones still producing are the one's that are benefiting the most right now, since they can basically control that part of the market however they want due to no one else wanting to do it. Guilds with land could easily reintroduce enough supply if they wanted to, but rarely do people bother to do that.

This is why fresh start servers don't do that much good for the game's long-term.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Quote Originally Posted by This View Post
    Well vyrava is easy to get just need 10 members 5k+ gs.. Glenn is tricky but do able with 20. We as a guild took 1.5 month to build up members now we farm it a few times a week. Al depend on your dedication.

The problem with the current AH is that you're able to buy like all lumber of the AH and sell it for 3x the money.
    This is just an example but happens alot with other mats to like wave lunarite and such.

In other words the economic is unstable.
    It's the problem of actually getting timespace scrolls.

<Tea Time for Kittens>

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post
    Oh look, this same exact problem that's been expressed on Rangora, Morpheus, and more than twice already on the current fresh start servers that can easily be solved if players actually stopped relying on the auction house for their goods and slugged through "the grind".

The ones still producing are the one's that are benefiting the most right now, since they can basically control that part of the market however they want due to no one else wanting to do it. Guilds with land could easily reintroduce enough supply if they wanted to, but rarely do people bother to do that.

This is why fresh start servers don't do that much good for the game's long-term.
    Fresh Start is good for a lot of reasons and one of those reasons have never been for the "long term" health of the game, in this context anyways. The issue is knowing when to merge the AH and open legacy xfers. The point of this thread is that the top guilds are on par with most legacy guilds and the players that aren't high gearscore will not get high gearscore so there's no point in not going forward with legacy/fresh start transfers after an AH merge.

<Tea Time for Kittens>

Quote Originally Posted by neoVictrix View Post

If you farm materials that will "cost" many time. If you get less income/labor than other activity what is the point to wasting time in less productive actions? +You will not generate "slow" materials. If you can't sell enough azalea in short time because demand is low many players will leave this production and they will make other things with higher "limit" and faster sells. "I can generate
    16 silver/labor. Oh, I am pro"... than... "AH is empty. I can't buy materials. Merge AH to non FS AH, pls!". Yeah, pro players...

Fresh Start is good for a lot of reasons and one of those reasons have never been for the "long term" health of the game, in this context anyways. The issue is knowing when to merge the AH and open legacy xfers. The point of this thread is that the top guilds are on par with most legacy guilds and the players that aren't high gearscore will not get high gearscore so there's no point in not going forward with legacy/fresh start transfers after an AH merge.
    What is it that's making them not work towards getting equipment?

The servers are going to be opened up and made available for transfers after adding the AH to the legacy servers, if they even decide to do that at all this time.

Quote Originally Posted by mikroman View Post
    If you farm materials that will "cost" many time. If you get less income/labor than other activity what is the point to wasting time in less productive actions? +You will not generate "slow" materials. If you can't sell enough azalea in short time because demand is low many players will leave this production and they will make other things with higher "limit" and faster sells. "I can generate
    16 silver/labor. Oh, I am pro"... than... "AH is empty. I can't buy materials. Merge AH to non FS AH, pls!". Yeah, pro players...
    As I said before, people rely too much on the auction house for their goods (someone else to do the grunt work for them), then want to complain about how prices for items are high. They aren't going to be priced lower until more people start producing too.
    Official wiki: http://wiki.archeagegame.com/Main_Page
    I've finally infiltrated Reddit - DatNeoVictrix is me

Quote Originally Posted by Player A
    and thats exactly why im complaining, if i, a severe addict ot the game is on the verge of quitting and refuses to give the money at this point, is that not a sign of negativity from your most veteran playerbase?
    Quote Originally Posted by Player B
    It indicates that one player is disgruntled, and probably plays with a land-rush mentality; the kind of people for which no content is ever enough.

Why are people already saying this AH merge will happen in 2 weeks when all it's doing is being discussed by players?

Quote Originally Posted by BeNice View Post
    Why are people already saying this AH merge will happen in 2 weeks when all it's doing is being discussed by players?
    Because Celestrata says so on Archeage Twitch Live stream
    Love this game. Find me on Conviction server Villanelle Province / Hyranya as"Treefarmer" or Trionworlds Twitch Livestreams of Archeage as "SolefireArcheage"

9.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #19
    ArcheAge Associate Producer Celestrata Bloodsong's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeNice View Post
    Yeah, someone asked me on the livestream and I let folks know that this is happening in the near future. Exact dates coming soon, once the final work is prepped.
    Seraphina "Celestrata" Brennan
    Associate Producer, ArcheAge
    Scheherazade -- Morpheus <Haranya Preservation Society>

Looking for help? Contact our support team! | Visit the website for the latest news
    | Follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestrata Bloodsong View Post
    Yeah, someone asked me on the livestream and I let folks know that this is happening in the near future. Exact dates coming soon, once the final work is prepped.
    When something news worthy is happening and this would certainly be considered news worthy, go ahead and announce it in the forum. We all can't catch the livestream and putting what information is known in writing helps deter players from spreading throughout the servers it's something scheduled for 2 weeks from now and other convoluted incorrect details.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast