+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2 precision strikes in a row

but still, precision strikes normaly doesnt have 2 types of damages, they get put into 1.

the dmg log should be damage recieveing and damage/buffs that I gain. having the enemy as well just spams the log making it unreadable so i normaly swap it to enemy only when im scouting ect.

Quote Originally Posted by thorthegr8 View Post
    Without "Others" being checked, we don't know what buffs Marrii had in this which means that Deflect & Retaliate could have been triggered and we wouldn't know. It may not have been triggered by you, but you did give Marrii the "Dream Ring Curse" debuff (otherwise it wouldn't have been visible in the log if you didn't affect him with it) which ran out just as you died, meaning something may have been happening in the background that isn't listed. Maybe some kind of Damage over Time, or perhaps a mob attacked him or some AOE struck him from a different source that wouldn't be visible in the log due to "Others" not being checked.

Also looks like you don't have "Skill - Miss" activated, meaning that something you used on him that was parried wouldn't be visible there. That's an easily controllable thing though, so while it's not likely what occurred here if what you described the situation as is true, it's good to have checked.

Personally I like to keep 2 tabs for combat logs, one for just me, and one with "Others" checked as well for cases like these. Hindsight is always 20-20 though.

Edit: I'm still considering what may have occurred here, especially given the scenario you described. The most likely reason this happened though is from what I've written above.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Outrider full-time on Kraken

Twitch - Gamepro03 - Mondays/Thursdays/Saturdays @ 9 PM CST and at unscheduled times

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Quote Originally Posted by Gamepro03 View Post
    Also looks like you don't have "Skill - Miss" activated, meaning that something you used on him that was parried wouldn't be visible there. That's an easily controllable thing though, so while it's not likely what occurred here if what you described the situation as is true, it's good to have checked.
    im a mage, i dont miss skills. and i was running to the safe zone in Diamond Shores.

Quote Originally Posted by thorthegr8 View Post
    im a mage, i dont miss skills. and i was running to the safe zone in Diamond Shores.
    As I said, it's an easily controllable thing for you and it isn't likely what occurred. I was more just recommending it to be left turned on, especially because you'll at least get to see what you parry/evade/block or if your accuracy is lowered due to a debuff and you do miss a shot, but this is unrelated to what happened here.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Outrider full-time on Kraken

Twitch - Gamepro03 - Mondays/Thursdays/Saturdays @ 9 PM CST and at unscheduled times

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Shields Edge from DEF
    or Retribution from OCC
    Both can proc deflect & retaliate.

It could be possible that even a mob triggered the CD reset, or someone else did it.

Let's say he chased u, but the guy called "Various", from ur log, hit him when u were out of range and triggered his reset.

Sadly its not clear if there is anyone else involved. Best solution would be if u write to the support, instead of using the forum.
    Loratio, LvL 55, Nuian
    <Officer of Skyfall>
    Server: Retribution

I've had this happen too, and know that d&r didn't proc when it happened. I've NEVER had it happen with someone I didn't already suspect of macro use, if that says anything.

Does seem like he cast it twice within a second, no idea if it was intentional (some macro/client lag abuse) or if it was just a button masher who got lucky.
    Sakuracalli (West)

I think there is an exploit that does this. The same people do this consistently while others do not. The people who do this consistently ALSO will hit you with their entire rotation if you hit invuln before the first hit strikes you. That is to say it is an automated combo that is using an exploit.

If you don't have adequate damage reduction you will only see the first 2 hits in the combo because you'll be dead. If you hit invuln or hit them with lots of damage reduction you'll get to see the full macro

The game NEEDS better macro and hack detection.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2