+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please fix Jellyfish

Please fix Jellyfish

These beasties:
    i. Can move faster than anything else in game (closing distances of greater than 60m in less than 2 seconds, hit you then retreat so you can't target them ...);
    ii. Have graphics that make them appear larger than ships (and floating in space) when they pop above the surface;
    iii. Can target and kill you from ranges greater than 69m away (really?? I just died to a Jelly and he was 69m away ...)

Come on. Surely this behaviour isn't intentional? All the new stuff is great but how long are Jelly Fish going to remain over-powerful and unfixed? I'm pretty sure people have been complaining about these things for a while .....

Jellyfish are one of if not the worst designed mobs I've encountered in 20+ years of gaming. I assumed they were bugged but I have been playing for a while and they stay the same.

A few things come to mind here,

1) Jellyfish's attacks do little to no damage.
    2) They drop no loot worth killing for.
    3) Archers kill Jellyfish in about 15-20 seconds. Pre-Ancestral abilities, it took a few minutes, but now, it's rather easy.

If you die to a Jellyfish, you're either too low a level to be sea-faring, or you've gone afk next to one.

Just be lucky that you haven't

Quote Originally Posted by Miho View Post
    A few things come to mind here,

1) Jellyfish's attacks do little to no damage.
    2) They drop no loot worth killing for.
    3) Archers kill Jellyfish in about 15-20 seconds. Pre-Ancestral abilities, it took a few minutes, but now, it's rather easy.

If you die to a Jellyfish, you're either too low a level to be sea-faring, or you've gone afk next to one.

Just be lucky that you haven't
    Umm no. I posted 3 observations. Do you deny they - move quickly, can hit you from 69m away, or appear broken when above the surface of the water?

Please comment on what was actually posted here and keep your theories about my sea-worthiness to yourself. ...

The design for Jellyfish has always seemed to be to "trap" boats and keep them from despawning for an extended period of time, that's why they do AOE damage as well as have a very long range and can move very fast and are quite effective at this trap mechanic. It disallows players from despawning their boats in prime locations or just before a battle in order to save their boat from breaking, without actually causing damage to ship parts or players. These are quite large and appear to pop up above the surface, but it likely is this way so that if you manage to hit one, your boat will slow down immensely.

Point is: If you are at the wheel, don't fall asleep. The trap mechanic seems intentional to me and has always seemed so.
    Gameprooe, the Executioner of Enla West
    Solo Player, Researcher, Theorycrafter
    Playing Outrider full-time on Kraken

Twitch - Gamepro03 - Mondays/Thursdays/Saturdays @ 8 PM CST and at unscheduled times

Archeage Research & Development Discord - Now public!
    This Discord server's purpose is to mass a collection of like-minded individuals who seek to test and explore the secrets of mechanics behind Archeage. Feel free to hop on by and help out with the project!

Quote Originally Posted by Panteraleon View Post
    These beasties:
    i. Can move faster than anything else in game (closing distances of greater than 60m in less than 2 seconds, hit you then retreat so you can't target them ...);
    ii. Have graphics that make them appear larger than ships (and floating in space) when they pop above the surface;
    iii. Can target and kill you from ranges greater than 69m away (really?? I just died to a Jelly and he was 69m away ...)

Come on. Surely this behaviour isn't intentional? All the new stuff is great but how long are Jelly Fish going to remain over-powerful and unfixed? I'm pretty sure people have been complaining about these things for a while .....
    They're intended to be killed with cannon shots.

Me and a friend used to be jellyfish hunters, trapping them against my galleon and selling the poison for the harpoon cannon ammo (lol). The main thing you do at that point if you don't have cannons is to have the person who doesn't have aggro do all the damage (then stealth out to drop it) while the person with aggro basically keeps healing to build up heal aggro.

To provide some context .. when I died to the Jelly Fish I was pursuing Bulgari (the last of 8 ghosts to get the Underwater breathing device).

I was underwater (deep). My ship was not spawned or had been. Likewise I had no sub. I was snorkelling, so no cannons either.

Out of no where comes this Jelly Fish ... zipping out to 70m and back again - attacking me at tremendous range, doing crazy dammage. There was just no defence. Given that I was there to fight Bulgari and had successfully fought the other 3 star level 5 ghosts, I couldn't break line of sight, I couldn't outswim, I couldn't outfight, I couldn't outheal, or defend.

When I returned 3 times this same thing happened. Even if I had a party that Jelly fish was still impossible to beat.

I'm just saying that these creatures are not balanced; they seem broken and many others think so. If their purpose is to oppose ships .. fine .. make them attack ships but give players/parties a chance against them in the open ocean without special gear (cannons).

I have no trouble with 3 star level 50 ghosts

While Jellyfish do like to hang out at the 60 meter range, they will run in, throw an attack and run out. The interesting thing is that do not reset either so after several hits and run they die.

At 60 meter they ate still targetable as target doesn't break till well over 100.

If you can tank and handle the ghosts, how is the Jellyfish hurting you? Their damage is insignificant compared to the other mobs.

All this aside, Jellyfish should have the same loot table as the Giant Seabugs now that Jelly fish poison is pointless.
    Jahlon The Legendary Clicker
    GM of Paradox
    Paradox Gaming Network
    Paradox Youtube Channel

Hmm, havne't gotten the poison. Was it a craft item?

Just a small hint: Send out your battlepet. When the battlepet comes to close to the Jellyfish(and did hit it at least once) the jellyfish flees. mostly towards you. then you hit it. it needs 2-3hits to change aggro again. then it flees from you. mostly towards your battlepet. easiy to beat a jellyfish. even with my 4k GS alts that are meeles
    A wild Tigerus appeared in the high grass. Defend yourself!

Homeserver: Retribution(EU)
    Class: Stonearrow (Archery/Shadowplay/Defense)
    Nation: Pirates
    Guild: Dishonored
    Race: Firran

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast