+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Update 1 - ArcheAge North American Server Maintenance: 9/14/2017 at 8:00 AM PDT

1.   Click here to go to the next Archeage Team post in this thread.   #1
    ArcheAge Community Manager

Update 1 - ArcheAge North American Server Maintenance: 9/14/2017 at 8:00 AM PDT

Update 4 - 11:43 AM PDT (6:23 PM GMT) - NA Server Maintenance are up in 2 minutes!

Update 3 - 10:36 AM PDT (5:24 PM GMT) - NA Server Maintenance will need to be extended again. Stay tuned for an ETA.

Update 2 - 9:24 AM PDT (4:24 PM GMT) - NA Server Maintenance is extended by 1 hour.

Update 1 - 9:20 AM PDT (4:20 PM GMT) - We're going to need some additional down time during this update. No specific ETA to give just yet but we'll post another update at 11AM PDT (6PM GMT) if we're not back online at that time. - Fasti

Hi everyone!

The North American ArcheAge servers will be unavailable at 8:00 AM PDT on Thursday, September 14th for weekly maintenance and scheduled server updates.

The estimated duration for this downtime is 2 hours. In-game messaging will be broadcast in advance of the downtime.

When it comes back up, the 3 Year Anniversary Event will begin!

North American players, please do not play on the European servers until your servers are patched up during this maintenance. If you attempt to play on EU, the patcher will ask you to re-download the entire game.

Thanks for your patience, and we can't wait to see you back in Erenor!

@Muzzy
    We haven't even had a full 5 days since the 2 straight days of downtime and they are shutting us down again! Why isn't the downtime for a NA server scheduled for between say 03:00 hours and 07:00 hours- when the majority of players are sleeping? Every single other online game I've played does this...

Who is making these awful decisions and how does Trino expect it's paying clients to keep investing money in it when these types of decisions are being made?

And yes, I know why the game is going down but many of us would rather have a stable game we can actually count on being able to play than having these so called "events" that feel more like an attempt at a bribe.
    And yes, this is a legitimate question/post - not a troll attempt.

Life would be a lot easier if there was a standard weekly schedule for downtimes, but that isn't reality. Rather than expecting every player to check this forum thread daily to know when the game will be down, how about maybe a warning during the login process a day ahead of the 'scheduled' maintenance surprise party?

Quote Originally Posted by Zozobra View Post
    Life would be a lot easier if there was a standard weekly schedule for downtimes, but that isn't reality. Rather than expecting every player to check this forum thread daily to know when the game will be down, how about maybe a warning during the login process a day ahead of the 'scheduled' maintenance surprise party?
    there *was* a standard maint schedule.. it was tuesday afternoons.. they even announced in the announcements forum thread they'd be switching to a regular schedule.. lasted about 4 maint's then they went YOLO again with the surprise "Scheduled" maint.. by scheduled I assume they mean they write it on their office whiteboard to remind them, but never announce it to us until about an hour before.

The problem is if they schedule the downtime for when most of us are sleeping, that is also when they would be sleeping, so they would have to get up in the middle of the night to preform maintenance. I am sure that would also cause a problem, because there are a lot of players who live in different time zones and play while we are sleeping. So then you would have them ragging, why don't you do maintenance while we are sleeping? So No matter what there are going to be players sleeping and playing while there is downtime.

I tried to apply the Third Anniversary Present Pack to my account but it says it's not available for purchase. It's there but it won't let me complete the purchase. Please pass the word to the guys that fix that stuff. Thanks Muzzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathran View Post
    I tried to apply the Third Anniversary Present Pack to my account but it says it's not available for purchase. It's there but it won't let me complete the purchase. Please pass the word to the guys that fix that stuff. Thanks Muzzy.
    well it needs to apply to a character so i'll assume while servers are down, glyph thinks you have no characters or something so won't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by HandoIsHere View Post
    @Muzzy
    We haven't even had a full 5 days since the 2 straight days of downtime and they are shutting us down again! Why isn't the downtime for a NA server scheduled for between say 03:00 hours and 07:00 hours- when the majority of players are sleeping? Every single other online game I've played does this...

Who is making these awful decisions and how does Trino expect it's paying clients to keep investing money in it when these types of decisions are being made?

And yes, I know why the game is going down but many of us would rather have a stable game we can actually count on being able to play than having these so called "events" that feel more like an attempt at a bribe.
    And yes, this is a legitimate question/post - not a troll attempt.
    Because maintenance team need to sleep to

This has nothing to do with that regular maintenance schedule. This is to start the anniversary celebration. They used to try to do that without a restart and it was disastrous.

The game is down two hours....go make some popcorn and watch a movie or something. If these were like 10 hour downtimes I feel you may have an argument.
    Mongoose
    Kyrios
    West
    ~Southpaw~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast