+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Archeage Team post in this thread.   Thread: Server merge downtime (on a non-merging server) broke 150euro worth of Crest Ink's

Server merge downtime (on a non-merging server) broke 150euro worth of Crest Ink's

Hi, just to start with this is regarding Eanna - EU, a non-merging server just to make that clear.
    After logging into the game after the merge of other servers was complete i found my house rather naked compared to before server shutdown as all my crests where gone.

Now upon looking into my storage i found out that it was not just the crest decoration items that lost their skins, but rather all the UCC's (CREST INK's) that i had imported pre-evolution (and keep in mind, this is not on a merging server) where all broken, only showing a transparent / blank image.

Now i know that for merger servers that all UCC's would be removed and that the player would be compensated 1 Crest Brainstorm pr Crest Ink that was removed so they could re-import their UCC's after merge was over. But for us on non-merging servers the UCC's should not be touched, yet here i am with 111x broken Crest Ink's and no Crest Brainstorms compensation to get them back in to the game. If we where talking about like 1 random UCC that happen to break i really wouldnt care, but this is more than 150euro worth of items thats now useless because of (insert reason here, Trion).

Now i sent a ticket regarding the issue, where the first reply i got said, and i quote:
    "Thank you for contacting us regarding ArcheAge.
    I should be able to get this fixed for you I just need to know how many UCC skins are missing. Please respond with how many you had before the evolution." End quote.

So i replied that i had 70 on my main and another 41 on my old main, both on the same account and uploaded screenshots showing the storage containing the broken Crest Ink's.

Next reply, quote:
    "I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with blank crests. Our development team is aware of and working to address this issue, and we hope to have a fix in place soon!
    As always, we appreciate that you discovered the issue and brought it to our attention. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have additional questions or concerns." End quote.

So i replied back asking if they could simply just do the same for me as they do for the people on merging servers, just take away my broken Crest Ink's and supply an equal amount of Crest Brainstorms for me to re-import my UCC's.

And this is what i get (this is from a different GM than before on the same ticket), Quote:
    "We apologize for the issues you had with your crest images. We are aware that there is a currently known issue regarding crest images on non-evolution servers. Fortunately, we can provide some steps that might fix this issue for you. There are a couple of things that can cause this to occur, the UCC folder itself has corrupted or the image your are using has the incorrect file extension. Please try the below steps and then attempt to create the crest once again.

Close Archeage and navigate to your 'My Documents' folder
    Open the 'ArcheAge' folder
    Delete the' UCC' folder entirely
    Press 'Start' and open the 'Control Panel'
    Click on 'Appearance and Personalization' and then 'Folder Options'
    Go to the 'View' tab and uncheck 'Hide extensions for known file types'
    Click the 'Apply' button
    Recreate your image and add it to the UCC folder (if you are creating an image yourself)
    Restart ArcheAge
    If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing ArcheAge." End quote.
    Not sure how a "how to fix" tip on fixing a completely different bug in the game is relevant, so i asked him again if he actually read what my problem / request was as he obviously just gave me info on something completely unrelated to what i sent the ticket for in the first place.
    For now the final message i got from GM's on this ticket after this just said Quote: "if this doesn't fix it, we can't help you" End quote.

I mean, i'm going from replies saying that the GM himself can fix the issue --> A copy-past reply about the dev team suddenly doing something about it --> given a reply from a different person with advice on something completely different than what i sent a ticket regrading in the first place.

So please,@Celestrata. Would you be so kind and just explain to me what i'm supposed to make of this? Because the replies i'm getting from these GM's are more random than a thunderstorm, and about as helpful as getting shot in the knee 5min before running a maraton.
    Kinryuu
    Insanity
    EU - Eanna

http://www.youtube.com/+KinRyuu
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every second of it!

2.   This is the last Archeage Team post in this thread.   #2
    Hello! I can confirm that the agent did indeed read your response, and provided you with the recommended steps for resolving this issue. I do realize that these steps were originally designed to address a separate UCC issue, but please do attempt them, and update your ticket if they do not resolve the issue for you.

I did try these steps, 6 times and it did nothing i'm afraid, and the last reply i got on my ticket effectively said that "if these steps doesnt work, then we cant help you". Which i find odd as, the loss of UCC's is a 100% gonna happen when servers are being merged, and you (Trion) decided that the easiest and "most" fair way to compensate that is to give the player Crest Brainstorms equal to the amount of UCC's lost in the process. Now they still have to do the work themselves of re-importing their crests into the game and for their troubles they get a more populated server.

In this scenario that i'm writing the ticket regarding, i lost my UCC's just like people on merging servers, without the benefit on getting a more densely populated server, so i'm failing to see why you (Trion / GM's) cant just use the same "fix" as you do for merging players.

Simply, take away my broken Crest Ink's in-game and mail an equal amount of Crest Brainstorms for me to get my UCC's back in to the game!? Like mentioned before, this is in the range of 150-200 euro's worth of cash-shop items that is now broken because of something that you (Trion and c.o) did during the merge process of the other servers, so i dont find it unreasonable for me to expect an equal compensation for what i lost.
    Kinryuu
    Insanity
    EU - Eanna

http://www.youtube.com/+KinRyuu
    I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every second of it!

I feel ya. They have broken my crest images twice in the past, not including the merge ones, and the steps they have always suggested have never worked for me and I was always told tough luck, we wont replace your crest brainstorms that you paid good money for that we broke. That was like 20-25 brainstorms wasted. Then I went to remake some after they broke the second time and wasted another 5 or 6 brainstorms trying to remake images and it kept giving me random images that other people were trying to use or something because they certainly werent the ones I was using. Thats when I gave up with ever being able to use UCC items in game. They ripped me, and many many others, off for far too much money for me to give them anymore for a broken feature they refuse to fix or refund when it doesnt work right.

I doubt you will get anything back from it. It seems to be policy that if they break your crest stamps when its not from a merge that you are SOL and they just expect you to give them more money to replace them. The only time I ever got my brainstorms replaced was during this last merge when they sent me 10 to replace the ones that the merge busted. Thats it.

Dear Hesk on Eanna every person I know lost their crests including me, my full guild etc, we also wrote tickets and the steps do not help at all. So please do not treat this as player error, or client file corruption, unless you think that all of the persons playing on Eanna made player errors or got corrupted client side files. Even full client reinstall does not help, also install on a freshly installed system.

Here is a link to another subforum where it is discussed: http://forums.archeagegame.com/showt...=1#post2639021

+ Reply to Thread