+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I haen't played in three years.

I haen't played in three years.

And now find myself trying to figure out everything again. Like:

1. How to hide your helmet or face mask. Or where to find your costumes.
    2. At login, I was given a chest with a Dread Steed and armor, and black armor for me. Then I lost the armor. But it is still on my character in the login screen.
    3. Is there an interface window where placements can be moved?
    4. How to switch weapons, even how to see my gear and weapons.
    5. My hot bar icons are darkened out so I can't use all my skills. Or are they on there but unusable until I obtain them?

1) Press C then you see your equipped Gear. the position at the very top is your costume. Left of it is a cogwheel. there you can choose if you want to see your helm or not.
    2) I guess you did equipt it so you dont have it in inventory anymore.
    3) if you want to move parts of the UI: press either shift, alt or ctrl and leftclick(long) the UI you want to move.
    4) press C
    5) Either you got that strange bug that you cant attack(then press alt) or you are maybe not in distance? If you didnt obtain those skills they would be red. Do you maybe miss a Bow for ranged attacks or a shield for shieldattacks? then they are darkened as well.
    A wild Tigerus appeared in the high grass. Defend yourself!

Homeserver: Retribution(EU)
    Class: Stonearrow (Archery/Shadowplay/Defense)
    Nation: Pirates
    Guild: Dishonored
    Race: Firran

Thank you for the reply information.

I have the Dread Armor costume, but can't equip it. It shows at the top of my character screen, next to the gear. I unchecked show helmet, but that didn't work either. I figured out the weapon skill use, mostly. I don't know how to move skills, if you can.

I will give this one more day, then I'm out.

Sorry for the late reply,
    you can switch your skills as you wish. for that you just need to click that small lock left of the lowest skillbar. When its unlocked just drag and drop the skills to the order you want it to be at. dont forget to lock the skillbar afterwards again in case you click skills/potions etc.

Additionally you can add a few skillbars with Options->Shortcuts-> enable 3rd & 4th skillbar.
    To assign other buttons to the skillbar(so instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,... you could use Q,E,R,T,F,X,Y) you can go to Options -> Game Keybinds

To the Costume i dont really know. I dont know your options and somehow i cannot reproduce what you encounter. Maybe someone else can help with that?
    A wild Tigerus appeared in the high grass. Defend yourself!

Homeserver: Retribution(EU)
    Class: Stonearrow (Archery/Shadowplay/Defense)
    Nation: Pirates
    Guild: Dishonored
    Race: Firran

Quote Originally Posted by Brynn View Post
    I have the Dread Armor costume, but can't equip it. It shows at the top of my character screen, next to the gear. I unchecked show helmet, but that didn't work either.
    Costumes are "equipped" in that special top slot, right click on it to un-equip it back to your bag. right click costume in bag to re-equip
    In that top cogwheel setting, you may select "hide helmet", but that only applies to your regular armor. (when costume is not displayed)

Most costumes have a helmet built in that cant be removed, but you may try "alternate appearance" if its available to the costume

You can untick "show costume" to prevent the costume from being visible, which allows you to "hide helmet" in your normal armor appearance.

Thanks for replies, but nothing I do works. I have two other lower characters, and I have no problem wearing the costume for them, no problem with removing headgear. and the original armor didn't disappear. I asked for help two days ago, haven't received it yet.

Is it somehow stuck on default player appearance ?

Options->Game settings->Functionality ->>>>>>>>>>>> show default player appearances

Make sure its unticked, and click apply.

Yes, that's it, stuck on default player appearance, I guess. But even that armor is not the armor I first appeared in when I first logged in. And I can't remove the helmet. This happens to be my character with the most gold, so I don't want to delete her.

When you click the cogwheel in the top of char window,

untick the box "show wardrobe items" ,
    untick the box "display helmet"

then click escape to exit

This will stop the wardrobe costume with its built in helmet from overriding your normal armor appearance , and allow your choice of hide helmet to function with your normal armor helmet.

Yes, Shalille, I was stuck on default player appearance. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread