View Poll Results: Should Trion consider adding a PvE-centric server?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - A PvE server sounds like fun.

70 56.00%
  • No - PvE and PvP are fine the way they are.

46 36.80%
  • Undecided / Don't really care.

9 7.20%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How popular would a PvE-centric server of AA be?

How popular would a PvE-centric server of AA be?

I'm curious to see how popular or unpopular a PvE-centric server for ArcheAge would be. In this type of server, PvP would be limited to Halcyona, Diamond Shores, a zone in the East, and the oceans between the continents. All other zones would be only PvE.

only pve server would be great with more content.
    atm there not enought boss / quest to do be busy all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Astrofizzix View Post
    I'm curious to see how popular or unpopular a PvE-centric server for ArcheAge would be. In this type of server, PvP would be limited to Halcyona, Diamond Shores, a zone in the East, and the oceans between the continents. All other zones would be only PvE.
    Wouldn't be much different from some of the current servers. Only difference would be no red dragon contesting and no denial of CR/GR. Housing zones are already safe zones except during conflict/war. And on my server, regardless of the zone level, people run packs through it because there isn't really an active population of dedicated pirates anymore. Like 90% of the time I attend halcyona war, we find some guy running a freighter of packs.
    Skullhead - Harani - Kyrios Bard Since Launch - 230k Artistry

I'd really like it.
    But only under 1 condition:
    Must be a seperate server with no connection to the other servers' auction house clusters and it must never be fused/evolved/merged with other servers and unable to transfer off from it (maybe to it but not the other way around).
    A child of song, a child of rage
    Abandoned in another age
    Now ancient hate and rhymes that bind
    Make paradise a tomb divine
    And demons trapped in beauty’s thrall
    Hunt those who heed the bloodsong’s call.

What would be the point of getting gear? You don't need much gear to clear the PvE content in this game, since most of it revolves around being able to juggle the world boss + the PvP around it. There'd be no motivation to get more gear, so what would the majority of the players do for fun? You can already currently avoid all PvP if you really want to, but personally, I feel like you're missing out on most of the content if you do.

Many "conflict" options are the better things in AA. PvE only server is not viable. No-cash-shop server or no trade server will be more viable than PvE only server.
    One of the better combos should be:
    - no cash shop or cash shop contens are cosmetic and decor items only (without stats or any % buffs or any other than visual effects/functions). Critical items and materials go to the General merchant or to higher lvl dungeon drops.
    - no p2p trades. Disable attachments in PM.
    - limited AH content: basic materials and low quality consumables only. Lowest price in same item - First out system. (You can buy cheapest items before you can buy more expensive "same" items/materials)
    - removed shared lands: you can use workbench of upgraded houses, but you can't plant or cut crops, trees, animals)

Any other options to get advantage in p2w mode? What do we have to close in this single account system too?

But this is theorycraft. Trino will never start less cash centric server. The excuse will be the oldest one: "we can't load different game versions".

It is not feasible at all because the entire economic system is based around conflict. Gold would be worthless because everyone could max out their income. Everyone wňuld be be kitted out in fully regraded gear because the gold cost for regrading gear is nothing because everyone would have gold coming out of every orifice.
    Might of just as weĺl have a "YOU WIN" button.
    Clawz - Nazar Server (East) - Sea Dogs

A PVE server just doesn't make sense in this game at all. What's the point of the trade system without PVP? No bosses are difficult without the PVP threats. Auroria just doesn't make any sense with no PVP. Need dragon stabs? Just run merchants full of cargo all day long, but it's always boring because nothing interesting can ever happen.

The entire game would have to be redesigned for that to happen.

I'm really surprised at people like Aired voting for PVE servers. Someone that smart I would have figured they thought it through and realized that PVE servers in this game don't make any sense at all.

All the people voting the game is fine the way it is are the ones who probably have great gs and get off on killing weak toons.GG.
    <Karma> Carebear since 2014
    I cant believe Im back AGAIN....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast